blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:21:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live hand, opinions please.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live hand, opinions please.  (Read 1146 times)
WonderHorse

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:26:07 PM »

Ok so this happened last night in a freezout tournament in Motherwell some of the details are slightly sketchy just to forewarn you in advance.

The blinds are 50 and 100 from the intial stack of 5000 I have moved up to around 7800, the villian for the hand starts on 3500.

Ok so im big blind and look down to see      when it comes to my turn I have 3 limpers(one from UTG and the other two CO and button) plus the small blind. The pot is at 500 and I decide to raise and make it 500 more to play.

The only caller is the player from UTG, no real read on the player I played only one hand previously with him.

The flop comes,    and a low blank (sorry for sketchy detail)

I bet out 600 at this stage I have no real idea what hand to put him on although a medium pair seems likely he previously re-raised preflop with jacks so I cant see him playing a big hand so passively from early position. And he makes the call this obviously worrys me and I have to put myself behind.

The turn is the  .

Its from here im not sure of my play, I check and he moves in for 2450.

Im stumped here as I have no idea what hand to put him on he may smell weakness in my check and move in with a club draw, he may do the same with a small pair. Although the most likely holding is a queen im not convinced.

Would anyone call here? If so what would be there thinking?

For those intersted I eventually made the call thinking im ahead in a large amount of cases here, villian shows J 7 for two pair and the river is no help and he takes the pot.

So thoughts on the hand I just wasnt sure both about my play and obviously I cant see any reason the villian is even in the hand at all.

Thanks.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 07:58:46 PM »

thats rather tricky. the initial bet on the flop followed by the check on the turn gives away your weakness though. i'd say if i knew he was a decent player capable of making a move here i'd call and expect to be ahead. his play is rather confusing all round. calling the re-raise pre-flop with J7? you can't plan for that mate. it's alot to call but by now i think you'd have to. given the possibility of a bluff.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »

thats rather tricky. the initial bet on the flop followed by the check on the turn gives away your weakness though. i'd say if i knew he was a decent player capable of making a move here i'd call and expect to be ahead. his play is rather confusing all round. calling the re-raise pre-flop with J7? you can't plan for that mate. it's alot to call but by now i think you'd have to. given the possibility of a bluff.

yeah..I'd much rather not have known the outcome of the hand as it interrupts whatever little thinking process I have when it comes to hand analysis but I can tell you I wouldn't have put him on J7 for his two pair. If I checked on the turn as weakness (which it is as you say you are OBVIOUSLY behind on the flop that's why you checked the turn) I might fold and just let it go...unless he would do that every time he smelled weakness and then i might be tempted to call if I thought he didn't have the queen.

Essentially if you think he didn't have the queen or KK or AA (granted which is unlikely without a raise from UTG) then I think it's a fair call when your Jack hits...however I would much rather have seen you raise 1.5k..then if he sticks his chips in you know you're probably behind and can fold....i don't like the check.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 04:26:44 PM »

If you bet 1500 how are you going to pass for 950 more?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 04:30:53 PM »

If you bet 1500 how are you going to pass for 950 more?

yeah my bad...I thought he had more....

anyways..my point..stick a fair raise in then if you get reraised just back off. if you stick in 800/1k he would bet 16 -14 I can let that go fairly easily.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 05:42:45 PM »

I like your preflop raise although i tend to do this more when i have rags and people limp in middle to LP. I think on the flop you have to be the pot. That's 1500 but your weak flop bet after a preflop bet that doesn't look like it wants action smells dirty. I would have reraised you there and taken the pot from you (in fact his call here is awful because he is either giving you a free draw or calling when he is miles behind i.e. are you acting weak or are you weak).

As for his J-7, well you played the hand weakly so i think you have to call but you really don't know where you are.
WonderHorse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 08:27:06 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, I agree I played the hand badly especially the turn looking back on it I can see that the flop bet shows no strength its almost as if im begging to be raised off the hand.
fishguts

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 09:02:38 PM »

dont think about your play too much...he's just a dumb calling a pot size raise preflop with J7... Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: