blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Tourno Hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tourno Hand  (Read 1491 times)
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2006, 10:33:21 AM »

£100 Freezeout - 70 runners

3 players left with prizes of 1st - £2500, 2nd - £1200, 3rd - £850

Blinds 3k/6k

Button - 50k
Small Blind - 145k
Big Blind - 155k

Button folds.
SB completes to 6k
BB checks with 

Flop : 

SB checks
BB bets 6k
SB calls

Turn : 

SB checks
BB bets 12k
SB moves all in for 121k more

What does SB have?

Do you call from BB?

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Enzyme_

Poker Face >.<

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »

He is SB so that makes his range of hands much larger,

Could Be Playing Connectors, 65, TJ etc all give him a straight especially as he limped in.

I Would fold you have only lost 18k off 155k not including blinds and are no where near short stacked so fold and get those chips another time!

2 Fins off a Fish!
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 02:33:17 PM »

I would call, i have him on a big overpair.
mjrevie

Hulkamania is alive and kicking!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 02:37:06 PM »

96. He had the straight draw and now has top pair thinking its good.

Call and take his chips!!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 03:32:21 PM »

How did u get to last 3 in a live comp? You have usually got bored and got yourself knocked out by now!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 03:41:06 PM »

You have 2 pair with the possibility of SB having a straight or even a set.

Now the question is of course who is the SB.  What kind of player s/he is. What was their action before this hand.

Is SB likes to overplay their Overpairs?  or perhaps by going all in s/he counts that it will look like a bluff and has a straight or even set in order for you to call.

Whether I would call or fold would be determined upon my information on this particular player.  Does this player do a lot of check raises?
How many times this player went all in before hand and what did they show as a result of it.

Without any information though I would probably fold and wait for better opportunity to win the tournament.

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »

I would put the guy on an overpair...he doesn't have the made straight it would be poor play to play it like this..unless he takes you for a flush draw.

I like his bet but I would probably call here....One other hand to consider him having is a big heart flush draw with 2 over cards to the board.

(I of course don't know the guy and as was said by someone before me a lot would depend on the player and info I have on him, if he was a really solid player who hasn't played a massive bluff all night and you know wouldn't risk his tourney without the nuts then I would fold...otherwise I'd call)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 05:13:59 PM »

How did u get to last 3 in a live comp? You have usually got bored and got yourself knocked out by now!

You cannot imagine how hard it was to vaguely concentrate for so long.  Especially given the fact I was drinking too.

Never again - bring on the tenner rebuy all-in fests Smiley

pressthe8.com
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 05:26:59 PM »

I think you have to pass, there are lots hands that are beating you and you have no idea what he might have.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 06:38:05 PM »

Cheers for the responses guys.

To be honest I was pretty baffled when he moved in.  I did not expect it in the slightest.

For once in my life I even sat back and had a bit of a ponder about what he could have!  Despite a few of you saying over pair I had pretty much ruled out any pair as I think a raise would have come in preflop.

56 or JT were possible but coming over the top for such a massive raise just seemed off.  I came to the conclusion of another poster that he had a straight draw with a pair such as 9T.

In the end I decided to call and was shown JT for the nuts.  Bizarrely when he saw my hand he said he "wouldn't have raised so much if he knew I was that strong and had expected me to fold instantly".  Hmmm.

I know I had plenty of chips left to play on but if that was my mentality I wouldn't have got anywhere near the final Smiley  Had I been right I would have had a 6:1 lead and more than likely would have taken the £2500.  I'd already turned down a 3 way chop though as was more interested in trying to win.

Also I'm not much of a live player as Flushie helpfully points out ( Smiley ) so can't get away with the reasoning that many can give that "I'm the best player so it's not worth the risk".

Anyhow an enjoyable enough evening.  I haven't played many tournaments with a decent structure before and have certainly never actually attempted to play one properly (drink and be merry!).  I'm buggered if I'm gonna spend 7 hours doing it again any time soon though.

Roll on Vegas and pissing off the Yanks pushing all in on them every other hand in their crap shoots.....

pressthe8.com
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 06:44:48 PM »

Roll on Vegas and pissing off the Yanks pushing all in on them every other hand in their crap shoots.....

Btw who else is coming and have you looked at hotel yet? I figure we only need rooms evrey other night....

Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

Erm, James Atkin might be coming along and possibly Mr Raab.  Apart from that haven't really asked anyone!

No idea about the hotel yet - plenty of time..... Smiley

pressthe8.com
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 08:07:05 PM »

Now i know who the player is, i pass.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: