blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:37:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  football football football saturday 11.30am
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: football football football saturday 11.30am  (Read 5717 times)
turny

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2006, 11:20:39 AM »

the football will take place at :

Goals Soccer Centre
Darlaston Lane
Willenhall
West Midlands
WV14 7BL

Phone: 01902 63 77 00

for those needing directions you can find em on thier site which is :  www.goalsfootball.co.uk

we have booked the pitch from 11am til 2pm on saturday the 9th september.
the tournament will begin at 11.30am sharp and will finish at 2pm at the latest allowing for any overrun.
players arriving early will be able to warm up from 11am.

we have booked a referee and the tournament will be on a round robin basis with 2 points for a win and 1 point for a draw with 0 points for a defeat.

each game will be a straight 20 minutes with no half time.

we have 4 teams entered listed below

team England   manager inthebelly
team misfits     manager  Bongo
team Scotland  manager Ironside
team Grosvenor manager Dani Versaci

the approx cost per team is £25 an amount each manager is liable for even if thier team drops out.

tournament schedule

11.30am   England v Misfits

11.55am   Scotland v Grosvenor

12.20pm   Misfits v Grosvenor

12.45pm   Scotland v England

1.10pm   England v Grosvenor

1.35pm   Scotland v Misfits

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »

right guys we seriously need to get house in order....

england and dani versace grosvenor teams are defo there. bongos misfits are as far as i know ok but what the hell arre the jocks playing at?

4kingnutz grabs our spare bed in the quaility for fri nite then i read in another thread he meeting jimd and claw at 1pm on the sat at the station.

whats happening?

what bout the rest of you jocks?  you got a team?

ironside i thought u were the best manager ever , well whats happening with your motley crew??

the jocks are running scared  Wink
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 12:15:38 PM by inthebelly » Logged

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

2 questions mr belly

-are we playing on astro?
-do we need team colours or do we have bibs or similar arranged?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 02:17:37 PM »

2 questions mr belly

-are we playing on astro?
-do we need team colours or do we have bibs or similar arranged?

england will wear white.

would be good if each team could wear diff colours but im hoping to remember to bring some bibs.

yes its astro turf so trainers or astro trainers please.

come on jocks where r u?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Dani Versace

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »

Grosvenor will be wearing my monday five aside's strip, which is Argentina home and spain away

he that learns how to fly one day, first has to learn how to stand and walk, one can not fly into flying
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 11:17:28 PM »

Unfortunately i am going to have to pull out of playing for team misfit as i have just been informed by my passenger that he's busy in the morning and we can't travel down to Walsall until about 1ish. His exact words were.......

"loooooooool, wtf - didnt think you'd sign up for the footy. you banged your head on a branch or something".

good mind to make him walk now!!

sponsored by Fyffes
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 11:06:08 PM »

Thanks for organising this ITB and everyone who played and all the spectators.

Special thanks to flushy whose first contribution to procedings on the pitch was to fall over his own legs.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 04:42:47 PM »

i dont believe i got sent off that is a travesty of justice

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 04:43:18 PM »

I've got a picture of you in goal!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 04:47:05 PM »

I am Peter Schmeichel.

Just....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 05:47:34 PM »

lol - a fun day, The Jocks not showing (except Ironside of course)

The day began with Team ITB turning up early as the pitch was apparently booked from 11-2 but when we got there they told us 12-2. With Noly, Rosy, Turny, Tightend and TomTom all carrying injuries and Shieldsy carrying plenty of weight it looked like i was going to be in for a busy afternoon of running!!

With Team Misfits now turning up - Bongo, Flushy, Gusto Rivered and co and a late transfer from the Scots Team, Eck. The Grosvenor team turned up and all were dreading playing those guys - a bunch of young lads - including Dani Versaci, kitted up in Argentina shirts and looking the part ready to punish.

I also have to mention the record attendance of approx 8 that turned up to support laugh at others Tongue Thankyou to all who attended to watch, Poppet and Leon, Colch Kev, Ginger, Ironside and Others (Sorry if i have missed you out!)

The first game to go on was ITB England vs Team Misfits. The first goal of the tournament was fired into the bottom of the net by Team Misfits within the first 3 mins. It was a tough task to get a goal past the Great Keeper in goal for Misfits - Rivered. With a couple of quick goals ITB managed to get in front and 2 late ones meant we had won the first game 6-1.

A coin flip (which Flushy claimed he would win as he always does!) would determine who would stay on and play the Grosvenor team and who would get a rest. Flushy lost this time though, meaning it was Misfits on. It was to be another bad result for the misfits leaving them with an 8-1 loss this time too.

And onto the big match - Grosvenor Walsall vs ITB England. the game was a tight one to begin and had very few early chances. It was ITB who came out on top though, as we managed to take a rather flattering 5-2 win. And back to the beginning we went, ITB vs Misfits. It was a fun game played in good spirit again and with Tighty declaring "Anyone who manages to get Flushy stretchered off in this game would get free entry into the comp" I had to try my luck - and so, i went in for a slighty late challenge on him without any intention of playing the ball and missed his legs Sad but got second prize by kneeing him straight in the crown jewels. Sadly he was, just, able to walk off the pitch so no free entry for me! Tongue ITB took this with another 6-1 victory.

The next game was Grosvenor vs Misfits again, a game which provided the goal of the tournament. Sadly, i cannot remember who it was scored by, but it was a lovely chipped assist from Gatso which tore the defence apart and a chest and half volley from the striker into the top corner to finish it off. Sadly, this was the only goal to be scored in this game from Misfits as they eventually lost 12-1.

And so, onto the final game, a game which ITB England would only need a draw in to retain the BB Football Crown. Any loss however would mean Grosvenor Walsall would take the title on goal difference. Again, this was to be a VERY tight game, with Tightend pulling off a couple of great saves (as he did throughout the day) to keep the score level. Breakthrough was made by team ITB though when Turny sharply turned his marker and scored with a low shot into the corner. With approx 7 minutes to go i made a pass and had a very late tackle in on me leaving me with a dead leg - and then one straight after (i thought i had broken my foot!) meant that during the substitution Grosvenor were able to capitalise and score to equalise and more importantly make a game of things again! It was not to be however, as two breaks in two minutes left Rosy the hero as he scored his only 2 goals of the tournament meaning ITB had won 3-1. And also now were the BB3 Football Winners.

Results -

ITB England 6 - 1 Misfits
Misfits 1 - 8 Grosvenor
Grosvenor 2 - 5 ITB
Misfits 1 - 6 ITB
Grosvenor 12 - 1 Misfits
ITB 3 - 1 Grosvenor.

If all captains could post scorers on here too please  Grin

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 05:48:48 PM »

Oh, by the way, just been down the hospital this afternoon and my foot is not broken! Although it is purple now!! Cheesy

HI HELEN!
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 06:21:49 PM »

I think:

Game 1 v ITB: flushy scored. Then he gave away a penalty about a minute later.
Game 3 v ITB: Me!

Sure the others can fill in the blanks!

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 06:30:05 PM »

Ahem,

The magnigicent goal that opened the scoring in the tournament was scored by me.

Dino1980 was the scorer of the spectacular strike described in RookieITB's post.

Thanks to Inthebelly for organising it. Good fun!

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006, 06:34:51 PM »

I cant believe i got sent off

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: