blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:35:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  My rights at work?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My rights at work?  (Read 9201 times)
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »

Poppet, is it REALLY essential that you have a job right now?  OK, maybe I worded that wrong.  Are you in a position to tell them to stick the job where the sun dont shine and then get yourself out there and look for another one?

Well yes, I have to pay rent, car, mobile, clothes etc. I don't have any support off of either of my parents or leon, so if I don't work then I'm stuck! Plus there are other issues right now with me and Leon which might end up in us splitting and me having to move out of his parents house. I'll need money to do that because the only thing I own is a car and a bit of bedroom furniture lol, not even a bed!

I really like my job and get on well with the majority of my clients, but I will start the process of finding a new job, and so is my friend Alexa... it'll be funny cos if we both leave at the same time that company will really suffer!

But I wish I could just tell them where to stick it Trace, they've caused me enough problems over the months, it was their bullying and sexual harrassment with Leon that led to me being in hospital, unfortunately I can't use that against them because it was out of work.

OK, my advice, and it's gonna be hard to do, 'cos I'd wanna tell them to stick it too, is to go through with the shadowing for 6 hours, do your job as you would normally, if she has anything to say about the way you do something, thank her for her advice and tell her you will bear that in mind in future - be sickly nice - not sarcastic or cocky - just overly nice.  If you get a chance, ask her advice on how she would do something.   

It will be hard, but you need to rise above it.  You could always then go off sick the day after and tell them you came back too soon, and in the meantime get yourself to the doctor's for an official sicknote - Leon won't have a leg to stand on then either. 

Manage this current situation in the best way that you can.  Phone your local council and see if there is any chance of you getting on their lists for a flat or something, and keep looking for a new job, even if you have to apply to MacDonald's for the time being - it's better than nothing.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 12:54:02 PM by Trace » Logged

Liberavi animam meam
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 12:53:08 PM »

I'm green with envy. I wish I had so little, to be able to make a clean split from a person and not even have so much as a joint loan, never mind kids.

Why the hell are you living with his parents?
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 12:53:33 PM »

But I wish I could just tell them where to stick it Trace, they've caused me enough problems over the months, it was their bullying and sexual harrassment with Leon that led to me being in hospital, unfortunately I can't use that against them because it was out of work.

Out of the workplace doesn't mean anything if it's work related.

Sandy
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 12:54:07 PM »

I doubt that any company would be in a situation where they will let you decide who doeas/doesn't supervise you.

However they also have to be aware of potential harassment/bullying. Now that you have spoken to them they are in a very difficult position should anything actually take place.

Write everything down with dates, times and witnesses etc. This helps with any employment tribunal if it goes that far.

Sandy

They definitely know of the situation, this is the sort of person that COMPLAINED to the management that I waved at her funny (well I was trying to drive the car!) and I wrote in blue ink (problem?) This is all over Leon telling her to stop calling/texting him because she is waaaaay to old for him and already has a girlfriend. She's now got jealous and has tried to make out I'm the worst carer.

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 12:54:55 PM »

Out of the workplace doesn't mean anything if it's work related.

Sandy

Correct
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 12:58:46 PM »

Poppet, is it REALLY essential that you have a job right now?  OK, maybe I worded that wrong.  Are you in a position to tell them to stick the job where the sun dont shine and then get yourself out there and look for another one?

Well yes, I have to pay rent, car, mobile, clothes etc. I don't have any support off of either of my parents or leon, so if I don't work then I'm stuck! Plus there are other issues right now with me and Leon which might end up in us splitting and me having to move out of his parents house. I'll need money to do that because the only thing I own is a car and a bit of bedroom furniture lol, not even a bed!

I really like my job and get on well with the majority of my clients, but I will start the process of finding a new job, and so is my friend Alexa... it'll be funny cos if we both leave at the same time that company will really suffer!

OK, my advice, and it's gonna be hard to do, 'cos I'd wanna tell them to stick it too, is to go through with the shadowing for 6 hours, do your job as you would normally, if she has anything to say about the way you do something, thank her for her advice and tell her you will bear that in mind in future - be sickly nice - not sarcastic or cocky - just overly nice.  If you get a chance, ask her advice on how she would do something.   

It will be hard, but you need to rise above it.  You could always then go off sick the day after and tell them you came back too soon, and in the meantime get yourself to the doctor's for an official sicknote - Leon won't have a leg to stand on then either. 

Manage this current situation in the best way that you can.  Phone your local council and see if there is any chance of you getting on their lists for a flat or something, and keep looking for a new job, even if you have to apply to MacDonald's for the time being - it's better than nothing.

Thanks Trace. I know I can get a sick note as easy as anything, my doctor wanted to give me one a few weeks back but I refused because they pay £11 a week for sickness and thats after having a week and a half off first (to prove you're ill) If it carries on I will do that but it puts me in a bad situation too because they'll give my clients to someone else and I'll come back to work with something like 10-20 hours.

I spoke to Leon and he said he hasn't told them I'm well enough to work - so thats a good thing!

I will see how this week goes, I've only got tomorrow and friday now and I'll have another weekend off. I'll definitely start searching for jobs.

Thanks again Trace Smiley

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »

I'm green with envy. I wish I had so little, to be able to make a clean split from a person and not even have so much as a joint loan, never mind kids.

Why the hell are you living with his parents?

It's not as easy as that. I live with him and don't really have anywhere else to go at the moment in time, and I do love him but things are hard, as you know. We're living with his parents because the plan was to save for our own place...looks like thats out the window for now though.

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 01:01:54 PM »

Just looking at what Trace said, is it really important for you, this job i mean?.. because if it is full time you will not be able to do it for much longer anyway as I recall you said a few months back you had been accepted at Canterbury Christ Church University. So if I was you before i take it too far I would ask for a Ref: and start looking for P/T work to fit in with your course studies. Life is too short to be unhappy at work Poppet..x

I decided against Uni for now. I'm not in the right state of mind to attempt a degree, I would join, be ok for the first few weeks then start having time off and giving up because I'm such a state at the moment. I haven't ruled it out completely, but for now it's not the right thing for me.

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

Poppet that doesn't seem right for sick benefit either.... at the very least you are entitled to SSP (Statutory Sick Pay) which is a good deal more than £11 a week! Its a governement benefit, and employers have to pay it to you then claim it back. It is one of the reasons you need a doctors line (so they can claim this back). This is the minimum.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 01:06:39 PM »

Well it could solve you all your problems. If you are not happy in the relationship, / Living enviroment , use Uni digs Bobs your Uncle, sorted.

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 01:07:23 PM »

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/statutory_sick_pay.asp

Sandy
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 01:07:48 PM »

Poppet that doesn't seem right for sick benefit either.... at the very least you are entitled to SSP (Statutory Sick Pay) which is a good deal more than £11 a week! Its a governement benefit, and employers have to pay it to you then claim it back. It is one of the reasons you need a doctors line (so they can claim this back). This is the minimum.

Alexa was off work for a week after she came back off holiday because she caught something, she had 2 sicknotes and she works on average 55hours a week, she got £11. Ridiculous

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 01:12:14 PM »

I'm off out to lunch now

Thank you to everyone thats helped me out - didn't quite mean for it to become a help poppet session!

Speak to you later

Love Poppet xxxx

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2006, 01:14:47 PM »

Alexa was off work for a week after she came back off holiday because she caught something, she had 2 sicknotes and she works on average 55hours a week, she got £11. Ridiculous

If she averages 55 hours per week over 17 weeks (i think it's 17 anyway) then that would be a breach of the working time regulations if she hasn't opted out.

Sandy
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 01:19:08 PM »

Ok i am going to put my big foot in here, lol.

It seems to be my perception that you and Leon run very hot and cold, i don't really know either of you but from reading your posts from the past and this one it seems that way.

You don't appear to have any responsibility's aswell? No house, kids etc.

You say at the moment the money you make is used to pay for rent/car/future house. I imagine most of that goes towards the future house. With a man whom you have a volatile relationship with.

My advice, for what its worth (probably nothing as i have never been in this situation) is to sack the job in, tell Leon to piss off, go stay at a friends place whilst you get yourself into Uni (i seem to remember that was something you really wanted to do, and for your future its a great thing to do) then get yourself into Halls and have the best years of your life whilst you are at Uni!

Who knows you might be able to sort out your differences with Leon, its a lot easier to do that sort of thing when you are not living together!

I may be stepping over a line with that post, i don't know i just think life is too short and you are too young to be worrying about the shit you worry about!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: