blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:38:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A realisation and an Apology to the 'Blonde' Family!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A realisation and an Apology to the 'Blonde' Family!  (Read 6017 times)
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2006, 06:34:38 PM »

Ok, i may as well put my name to this since a good third of the slice of bother was down to the certain ways i have posted on Blonde, Mainly the football threads.

However, anyone who knows me can vouch that i am not an aggressive person, and most of my posts are taken to be aggressive when they aint 'Ment' to be, this does not take away the fact that i got very heated with a few Mods this past week and a few more posters, which has not really been fair to the Mods and only really taken their time away from matters of more importance

I have been a little silly of late the way ive acted on this forum, the guys that ive posted towards know who they are, and i apologize

When i was fighting, what i thought was my side of the arguement, i figured i was trying to change the way people thought of me(as being this aggressive type that just wants to cause bother), but ironically i was actually convinsing them that i was this over arressive fight seeker lol, i can see this know.

I must admit, it did get a little out of hand on some of the threads, and i know i didnt help things, again i can only apologies to the Mods and the whole Blonde Family, no-one really wants to see the threads go the way they did, I will now think about my debates in a more serious manor and re-read the posts and count to 10...in fact no....1,000,000 before i post.

In closing id like to Apologies to mainly Richard 'Tighty' Prew, who has really tried to help my situation out this past week (even if i couldnt see it till this morning) I really thought the big fella had it in for me, but after a chat with him yesterday and today, i realise he didnt and it was the opposite to what i was thinking. Sorry Big dude xx

Steph (Teacake) and Colchester Kev, also thanks to you guys, especially Steph, for helping me out.

Last but not least i must apologies to 'Tikay' - when i think of Blonde, i think of Tikay, Blonde is Tikay and Tikay is Blonde, so if im going to be honest about this week and some of the upsets, i must say sorry to the old fella, as i feel ive let him and Blonde down, again sorry matey.

Ok thats it off my chest, and now i can move on, and look onwards and upwards.

Keep Britain Blonde Tidy

Thanks for listening guys.

Scottish Dave
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:44:16 PM by Scottish Dave » Logged

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 06:39:07 PM »

dave

we all have different responses to things depending on our mood. im sometimes in the mood for a wee niggle myself. for what its worth ive never seen you being over agressive but ive not read the footie posts. dont beat yourself up buddy!

mad

Patience is a virtue.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 06:42:11 PM »

Well said Dave.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 06:45:01 PM »

Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 06:46:02 PM »

Very well said Dave  thumbs up

Love ya!
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 06:46:16 PM »

What they said xx

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 06:46:50 PM »

Well done Dave that must have taken guts mate  thumbs up
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 06:48:15 PM »

Shooting Dave.  Cool
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 06:49:52 PM »

Hoooooorayyyyyyy  the real Dave is back..... Welcome back fella Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:52:05 PM »

Good post Dave!

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 06:58:10 PM »

was he really that bad? i need to keep more up to date with the forum!!

Patience is a virtue.

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 07:00:28 PM »

I was looking forward to the BB, but I was so afraid that you were going that I didn't bother going in the end Cheesy.  I asked someone "is that Scottish Dave going to be there?" .  When I found out you would be there, It was "Ohh, Jesus I better not go in case he argues with me"  lol

Of course I am joking.   I can't say I have noticed any dodgy posts by you mate, they are entertaining as far as I can see
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 07:15:28 PM »

Mad, One mans tea is anothers poision. What one percieves as aggression might be percieved as banter by another, and a heated debate by a third. The medium of text does little to help convey the mood of the poster or the context, and it is up to the reader to make his own mind up. And if one person jumps to the "wrong" conclusion, you can bet your bottom dollar that others will too. And for the image blonde wants to portray, it just might be the next potential member who gets the wrong idea and is thus scared away, so its bad for blonde really.

Takes a man to confront his problems. Takes a bigger man to admit them publicly. Dave, my hats off to you.
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 07:18:45 PM »

Mad, One mans tea is anothers poision. What one percieves as aggression might be percieved as banter by another, and a heated debate by a third. The medium of text does little to help convey the mood of the poster or the context, and it is up to the reader to make his own mind up. And if one person jumps to the "wrong" conclusion, you can bet your bottom dollar that others will too. And for the image blonde wants to portray, it just might be the next potential member who gets the wrong idea and is thus scared away, so its bad for blonde really.

Takes a man to confront his problems. Takes a bigger man to admit them publicly. Dave, my hats off to you.

Patience is a virtue.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 07:26:24 PM »

actually mate, I think it's down to the poster to avoid ambiguity. If there's a chance a post could be taken as aggression or offensive banter it should be rephrased. There's a few of us here guilty of weighting stuff wrong and getting a hammering for it. 

there are also some who purposely stir up or twist ambiguous posts but that's a different issue. Those of us with a talent for putting our foot in it have to be especially careful when dealing with emotive issues or even avoid them altogether.  Lips Sealed
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: