blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I-Pod thingys(non-poker)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I-Pod thingys(non-poker)  (Read 16012 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 12:43:42 AM »

What's gadget called, where can I get one, how much?

The older I get, the better I was.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 12:59:22 AM »

http://shop.ipodworld.co.uk/iPodWorldSite/product/alliPods_Batteries%20and%20Power/PG01.htm

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 01:12:24 AM »

great, thanks

The older I get, the better I was.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 08:13:21 AM »

Hi Robert
I am on Late Night Poker tomorrow night Early hours of Friday morning. I am gutted actually, our Sky+ hard drive has developed a problem (system fault) and will not record so now I can not record it. Any of you good people have a DVD recorder and care to tape it for me please?
Going to the P910i, I have to say I did look at one of them and liked them very much. Depending on your usage both are great. I went for the K750i purely because it is so much smaller. The internet is pretty cool on it as well which was one the main reasons I was going to get the P910i. The video capabilities and the camera are great for the K750i as well. I actually have a 4mg pixel  Pentax Optio S camera which is great but the camera is so much more useful now. It also has a digital radio and, whilst i have not done it yet, i understand can also be used for the remote control for the TV !! They are about to rlease a new K750i but calling it something else. Basically it will be a walkman phone. Idntical in all internal aspects but vrey sexy on the outside and a bigger memory cadr. May even be out in the UK now.
Anyone know how to get a movie so it plays on my phone. Or even better, where to buy / download them from. I have found some but they dont play on my phone.
As BlueWolf says, the memory sticks are actually cheaper than I stated. The one I mist use for my phone is the Memory Stick Duo plus or something, which is smaller. It does have an adapter though that means you can use it for the PSP.

will have it on VHS...i know ancient format Cheesy if you want a copy I can make you one Simon

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 08:44:39 AM »

Does anyone have the Sound Dock for the Ipod? the one I have is made by Bose

I think it's terrific, just plug my Ipod in and away we go, great sound quality, portable. Put off buying a new sound system because of this

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 10:43:41 AM »

For people looking to avoid going the oft-travelled iPod route. The Creative Zen sleek is a strong rival to it. Review

I nearly got a free iPod at Cincinattis a couple of weeks back when a guy left his beside me on the final table inthe £10 rebuy. I'm too honest though & handed it in.

Reason for Edit: Link was SNAFU'd
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 05:13:14 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »

For people looking to avoid going the oft-travelled iPod route. The Creative Zen sleek is a strong rival to it. http://www.t3.co.uk/reviews/entertainment/mp3_player/creative_zen_sleek

I nearly got a free iPod at Cincinattis a couple of weeks back when a guy left his beside me on the final table inthe £10 rebuy. I'm too honest though & handed it in.

For some reason that link takes me to the "Princeton Review" !

Huh?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 11:09:27 AM »

Just googled that creative zen sleek and it seems to be pretty impressive.

Decisions decisions, and thanks for the help.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2005, 11:14:23 AM »

For some reason that link takes me to the "Princeton Review" !

Huh?

Incompetent posting of link (sorry)  Undecided

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
The Wall

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »

I own a 4GB ipod mini and I can honestly say that is one of my best purchases ever and its even survived my constant clumsiness  Grin
-bw-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2005, 12:11:08 PM »

I've got a Creative Zen Micro

It has a lot more features than the ipod mini

i.e fm radio, removable battery, 5gb memory, voice recorder etc

and its cheaper aswell.

I've just sent mine back as it has developed a fault on the headphone jack Angry

very good customer support Smiley

jammer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2005, 04:09:58 PM »

The creative zen is generally regarded however a superior bit of technology.

However, ipod is the coolest bit of kit you can buy. I'm a slave to fashion so its the one for me.

However, if you are not worried about image, then maybe the zen is a better choice.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2005, 04:30:47 PM »

i cannot see how these ipods can hold all my music, i only have about 150 albums but my spare pc's 100 gig hard drive is nearly full after i backed up all my albums onto it

Nearly full with mp3s? Or nearly full with your secret pr0n stash?

How did you encode them? VBR is the best both for storage space vs quality. If you have sampled at 256 or higher then the size of the mp3 is a lot higher, for very little gain in quality.

Or did you back up into another format? Or even raw WAV !

Im waiting for an OGG player tbh
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2005, 04:33:50 PM »

PSP is ok but is more an games console. YOu can buy the memory stick but even a 1gb (which I have for my K750i phone) can cost over £100.
Ipods can play MP3's and also something called AAC which is even better quality and a much smaller file size. When you import your CD's to your computer (via itunes) you can select to automatcially import as an AAC file.

Simon thanks for all that I was worried about all the MP3s that fell on to my HDD from the ether. I was looking for a basic MP3 player but I think ipod is the way to go. Interesting point about the K750i, I'm due to get (when O2 sort out the stupid PAC code) a P910i.

Slight diversion here..... what night is your LNP Ace being shown? It's just started here, don't tell me it was last night!

P910i is the dogs bollocks.... id rather use it as an MP3 player than join the dark side get an evil iPod. Plus, get a 1gb memory stick and thats all the songs ill ever need to listen to in the short amount of time i woudl actually use a mobile mp3 player
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2005, 04:47:05 PM »

PSP is ok but is more an games console. YOu can buy the memory stick but even a 1gb (which I have for my K750i phone) can cost over £100.
Ipods can play MP3's and also something called AAC which is even better quality and a much smaller file size. When you import your CD's to your computer (via itunes) you can select to automatcially import as an AAC file.

Simon thanks for all that I was worried about all the MP3s that fell on to my HDD from the ether. I was looking for a basic MP3 player but I think ipod is the way to go. Interesting point about the K750i, I'm due to get (when O2 sort out the stupid PAC code) a P910i.

Slight diversion here..... what night is your LNP Ace being shown? It's just started here, don't tell me it was last night!

P910i is the dogs bollocks.... id rather use it as an MP3 player than join the dark side get an evil iPod. Plus, get a 1gb memory stick and thats all the songs ill ever need to listen to in the short amount of time i woudl actually use a mobile mp3 player

Happy me, should have the phone next week, that's tax deductable, an ipod or the like isn't  Grin Cheesy

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: