blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:36:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Anyone Looking for a job?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone Looking for a job?  (Read 2178 times)
Eck

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2006, 04:59:59 PM »

Just had this pointed out to me by a colleague, no idea why they thought I would have any interest in this?

Sky are looking for a poker manager.

link below:

http://sky.recruitmax.com/MAIN/careerportal/job_profile.cfm?szOrderID=2757

Full/Part Time Full-time 
Location Osterley, London 
Description Sky doesn’t do things by halves. From The Premiership to High Definition TV and Broadband, Sky shakes things up by offering its customers more quality, excitement, entertainment and value than they are used to. Next is Sky Poker.

As Sky’s Poker Manager based in West London, you will bring with you excellent knowledge of the Poker market, Poker events, live TV and international Poker personalities. This is a chance to drive the product development, strategy and management. You’ll ensure this product exceeds the expectations of both a live TV audience & online poker players, and your proven expertise in product development will enable you to successfully launch this innovative new product with a bang.

What you will bring to Sky:

Having worked within the poker market (preferably on-line), in live Poker events or in managing a Poker room, your confidence and self-starter approach will mean you have the skills to succeed. Commercially astute, you know what players want and what works with Poker, and you’re hungry to work within an innovative and entrepreneurial environment. This position will be part of the launch team to champion the Poker channel and website internally within the Sky network, and your engaging personality means that you will network effectively.

So what do we offer in return? Well, there’s an attractive salary and excellent benefits package including free Sky+

Don't know if anybody is likely to be interested or not but thought I would be lacking in my blondeness if i didn't bring it to the attention of the masses.

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:03:04 PM »

Ohhh! But I doubt that helping out in cincins is the sort of experience they are after lol.
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »

Ohhh! But I doubt that helping out in cincins is the sort of experience they are after lol.

It's in london anyway!

Nah, I think I'll have to give this job a miss

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:08:10 PM »

Id move for that job. lol.
KeithyB

It's a Euro Rover...old man!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »

So what do we offer in return? Well, there’s an attractive salary and excellent benefits package including free Sky+

Free Sky+???      That bit made me chuckle.........looks like Sky reckon it'll sway anyone's who undecided about taking the job   

I mean how much can that be worth in terms of the overall package!
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

I woulda gone for it if they'd offered free HD Cheesy
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 07:35:56 PM »

fuck me i might apply lol

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 07:38:41 PM »

Where did you hear about this job? (please tick)

Newspaper []
Friend []
Job Centre []
Blonde Poker []

AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 12:34:44 AM »

I was approached by Sky for this very same job over a year and a half ago. After considering and reconsidering and finally deciding to take the job (via a headhunter) they then claimed the job was no longer available. Meanwhile, I had indicated to my current employers that I was going to leave, so when the Sky job fell through my position at Blue Square became untenable. I had to resign and leave.

Anyway, Blue Square, to their credit immediately took me back on board as a freelancer so all was not lost, but I have taken a massive financial hit over this last year, thanks to a ******* of a headhunter, who goes by the name of Tim Deighton from McCann Ericsson recruitment. He didn't have the forsight to check whether the job was still available before he made me the final offer.

Anyway, I found this particular line in the job spec hilarious:

"Sky doesn’t do things by halves. From The Premiership to High Definition TV and Broadband, Sky shakes things up by offering its customers more quality, excitement, entertainment and value than they are used to. Next is Sky Poker."

They've been wanting to set up poker for the past two years so why has it taken a company that 'doesn't do things by halves' so long to pull their finger out and just do it?

As I understand it, the job I was approached about went to someone else. So now that person has presumably left and over a year later, Sky are still nowhere near getting their poker offering up and running.

They want to offer poker through interactive TV boxes, but the speed of such boxes is clearly not up to supporting a poker product that would be acceptable to poker players, or they would have launched it by now.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 01:35:20 AM by RED-DOG » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: