blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:55:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Aliases
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aliases  (Read 7838 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2005, 02:48:02 PM »

if that is betfairs poker forum they are welcome too it

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Harby

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2005, 02:48:34 PM »

I think the best thing to do is someone in the know to ring betfair up and ask them. I am 99.9999% sure there are a lot of players with a lot of aliases only on betfair site not multiple skins. If they want a name someone can PM me and i will give them 3 aliases i know to be the same person.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2005, 02:49:51 PM »

if that is betfairs poker forum they are welcome too it

I wish Iron would stop wrapping things up and say what he means

The older I get, the better I was.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2005, 02:51:22 PM »

lol Iron, shouldn't really post the link but i was curious Grin

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2005, 02:52:04 PM »

Yes Harby, there MAY be a lot of peeps on Betfair with multiple names, but it is AGAINST their T & C's. THATS the point.

And if you know who they are, you should report them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2005, 02:53:23 PM »

You may have one person who is breaking the rules but that doesn't mean its the norm. I know more betfair players than this forum combined (probably) and I can give you the usernames for all of them- and they all use one. I actualy see betfair bashing undertones to this thread, I am sure many sites have multiple users on the same accounts (I know its not difficult to set up multiple accounts on stars for example as when I first started many moons ago I played as bigruss and opened another account as ariston when I bacame commonly known as ariston). If people want to break rules they will find a way- if it bothers you report them dont just blacken a sites name on a forum (its not betfairs fault people are doing this if nobody bothers to report them).

ariston

better lucky than good
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2005, 02:54:54 PM »

Typical- my 1000th post is against a newish member flaming betfair. Was hoping my 1000th would be something a little more light hearted than that. hohum...

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2005, 02:57:19 PM »

Ariston,

A good post nyway.

But - and this is VERY important to yours truly - at NO POINT have I flamed Betfair, in fact, my posts suggest - correctly - tht I have defended them against allegations which I consider were at best, disingenious. I know you never suggested otherwise, but I need to keep my "Swiss" hat on in these matters.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2005, 02:58:22 PM »

ariston - delete your last 2 posts, tell a joke then repost

simple.........

sponsored by Fyffes
Harby

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2005, 02:59:58 PM »

Im not blackening any bodys name I just asked a question and it went from there. I have got nothing against betfair I think it has revolutionised the betting industry and no doubt it will with poker in the future. If you are to do with betfair then you must know a chap called noseboy who is also called guesswho and a few other names. I dont want to get peoples back up im new on here and if i have got yours up ariston i apologise i asked an innocent question that is all.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2005, 03:01:53 PM »

and if i have got yours up ariston i apologise

there's a joke in there somewhere........... where's kev when you need him???

sponsored by Fyffes
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2005, 03:02:02 PM »

Can i just point out that playing another persons account for them is in breach of betfairs (and probably every other sites) terms and conditions Grin

OK i'm gonna duck now............INCOMING!!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2005, 03:04:08 PM »

I read the thread thouroughly before i answered ( as I will be doing on all threads from now on  Grin) then reread it again to see if I read between the lines correctly. One person in this thread has an issue with betfair and seems to think its betfairs fault if someone is breaking the rules. If someone has 8 credit cards and set up 8 different accounts I would suggest there is one reason for this- they are a losing player and keep maxing cards out ( only my oppinion that). Either way to blame betfair for someone breaking their rules seems to be a bit harsh- has anybody tried setting up multiple accounts with other sites? I never said Tikay or anybody else was accusing betfair of anything but i cant help wondering if harby has a secret agenda I must admit. I would have posted exactly the same if anyone had accused will hills or any other site of this as well, I may play the odd tourney for betfair but I am not sponsored by them or anything (before I get the usual betfair poodle comments lol)
Spent much longer than I intended in this internet cafe now so I will be back online later to discuss this further.

ariston

better lucky than good
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2005, 03:05:43 PM »

when i first started playing poker for free (stars was in beta testing) i had several accounts on pokerroom and stars to name 2 that i can remember

when i tried to move money into pokerroom an account i hadnt played for along time i requested a password only to get my account suspended as they now worked out i had several free accounts

i told them i only wanted the one Ironside they said they suspended all the others and reopened ironside

i still to this day get emails from them on some of my other free accounts telling me about promotions

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2005, 03:07:01 PM »

ok appology accepted end of matter. noseyboy/guesswho/ etc is a player who does his bollox swears in the chatbox and gets banned. I am only surprised that he hasnt got 30 accounts set up in all his families names- He has actualy become a cult figure on the forum believe it or not?? He will be banned again soon and be back in another name, I wouldnt worry about him he aint got the game to trouble anyone.

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: