blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272828 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Glasgow poker room
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Glasgow poker room  (Read 29601 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2005, 05:17:51 PM »

"a tikay stack".....Excuse ME. I have a WSOP cash, don't you know?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2005, 07:57:04 PM »

I spoke to one of the guys from the club a few weeks ago and he was expecting to be open by next weekend.

They now have an entry on Google local (with map)...

http://tinyurl.com/c6qxm

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2005, 08:41:23 PM »

Good man Div, so when do you fancy it, or are you going to be posted missing from Cardrooms for a while, due to recent Family additions.

***In case any of you didn't know, Div had a little beautiful baby Girl 3 weeks ago***

***Congrats Div***

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2005, 10:01:23 AM »

***In case any of you didn't know, Div had a little beautiful baby Girl 3 weeks ago***

***Congrats Div***

You were on holiday Dave.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=682.0

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2005, 11:25:12 AM »

***Congrats Div***

You were on holiday Dave.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=682.0

oops sorry.

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
doctorlegg

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2005, 06:39:52 PM »

Gave them a phone yesterday and was told that the opening is tomorrow (Friday 29th)

Cheers,
Derek.
RFC

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2005, 09:17:30 PM »

Cheers doc do you know what tourneys they are holding

or is it too early for them Huh?

Blonde means a lot to me
When you cry, I cry
When you laugh, I laugh
When you jump out of a window , I laugh again
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2005, 11:37:08 PM »

Got down to the club tonight to have a quick look around.

It looks great. Really bright and airy. Mega high ceiling.

They were very welcoming. Offered me a glass of champagne on arrival Cheesy

It was pretty busy for opening weekend. Maybe three quarters of the tables were full.

There are tournaments each night starting at 9pm:

Monday10
Tuesday20
Wednesday20
Thursday5
Friday20
Saturday10
Sunday20

There was a waiting list for a pot limit Omaha cash game. I spoke to a few of the guys and they said they will be running freezouts and more tournaments later. Basically whatever the punters want. Dealers choice cash game too.

Also if people want to come in and hire a table for a private game that can be done. He was a bit vague on costs. I think it's probably a case of getting along, and seeing whats on offer.

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2005, 09:41:44 PM »

w00t.

Thanks for this thread guys... I hail from Edinburgh and the thought of Scotland having its own gutshot rival so close is fantabulous. So I gave the place a phone and the receptionist was very pleasant although in fairness she knew nothing about poker. So she passes me through to the boss who seemed a very busy man... cut a long story short the place sounds promising they are offering a 50 MTT holdem (is it rebuys is it fixed, NL, or PL i dunno so dont ask) on a Saturday night and other smaller stakes tournaments through the week. Also mixture of cash and SnG's . If anyone hasn't been yet i'll certainly post a review of the place next week.

Did any of you other regulars play in the 1k Maybury event in June? I was the kid with the glasses that made an arse out himsel wi AJo from UTG... lol
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2005, 10:03:57 PM »

Welcome to the forum Suited Jock, You will find many of your skirt wearing countrymen on here Smiley

By the way, one of our members (Robert HM) is a lawyer ...as you are a suited Jock, i can only assume you are the defendant  Grin

Seriously though ... welcome to the "family"

Note to self ..... make sure you dont fall asleep on the train and end up in Glasgow ... i will get lynched Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2005, 04:17:47 AM »

Did someone mention trains? Actually, the train journey to Glasgow is fascinating, although not as much as the service into Edingburgh Berkeley, through that cutting, right into the middle of town. Shall I continue?......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2005, 08:00:58 PM »

first off rod your pic is busted if you need help sorting it our just let me know

2nd we scots are bigger than this please stop feeding the trolls (tikay and kev)

3rd can you ask michelle when the next gala festival is in scotland (any of the 3 cards rooms will do)

4th how can they play poker down there? i dropped a penny last time i was in glasgow and 50 kids jumped me thinking it was a scramble

1 -  might be becasue it's linked from another site (looks fine for me -but might not work through the firewall). I'll sort it. Picture a chunky Rico Annoni - you'll be not far wrong.

2 - no bother - spent years dahn sarf (Liverpool, Wakefield, Coventry) doing missionary work - used to them by now  Wink

3 - 2005 Scottish Poker Cahmpionships 27th June to 3rd July, Gala Maybury (Edinburgh).

4 - See I don't believe you - if you're from further north & you dropped a penny it would have hit you on the back of the head you'd have been down after it so quick.  Grin

Sorry to quote a really old post, but I take great offense at you classifying Liverpool (and coventry/wakefield for that matter) as "DAN SARF"... Liverpool is in the North, please don't associate such an excellent city with the dross that exists further down the M6 Wink

And as for the original comment, "bevvy" is a well known and well used term throughout the North of England and Scotland, and I have heard many a suverner also using the term, so perhaps tikay has spent too much of his time in the states these days Wink
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2005, 08:33:06 AM »

there was a raiding party went to cin cin last night and when they surface i expect a review of the club and the night. A couple of the guys have been in before and its all been positive with a willingness to put on what the punters want.

seems as if apart from a quid a head and 4 quid for the dealer they are taking no rake at present to get the place known and popular.
In addition they are running SnG of various levels from 7 i think it is. This is in addtion to the main tourneys they run

As i sai i`ll get the boys to post on what is happening but it would be great to have competition which is punter attentive and friendly
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2005, 09:35:58 AM »

Dave should be on later with a report as will Rod I would think
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2005, 10:16:55 AM »

Well 3 of the TPT went and played last night - first a £10 NL STT, Teacake made the money, but there was a deal when down to 3 as the £10 NL rebuy was about to start.

£10 Rebuy, 28 runners, 72 rebuys/topups £1000 prize money - £550, £275, £175.

2 Blondeites (that I knew anyway) made the final table (Dave had a JJ run-in with AA).

Teacake was always 1 of 2 chip leaders, I was short stack from the start.

After not pulling a hand for what felt like eons, I was on BB 800, with another 2K, pocket all-in, another 4 on turn & I lived on. Teacake wasn't hitting many hands but seemed to make a few steals. While this was going on the other chip-leader was putting out about 4 other players, giving him a huge chip lead.

Next BB, A4, flop A 8 4, all-in, against KK, hit the 4 again. still alive.

Nothing else mad apart from me hitting again 88, held up. Eventually in the finest defensive performance since Wimbledon won the FA Cup I staggered into 3rd. Teacake & I did a deal to split 2nd & 3rd (chip leader had well more than both our stacks combined).

Still, first time in the money at a live tourney for either of us, so a good night.

Cincin's is putting up trophys for these games at the moment, but Teacake's comment was 'I can't wear that round my wrist  Grin' , at least he's aiming high.

=======================================

The guys at Cincinattis have agreed to put on a £15 one-rebuy only with a similar structure & payout to the Notts structure posted on here. When we've found a date (avoiding football matches) I'll post it up on Blonde, we need a decent crowd to get a change in Glasgow from the constant rebuys (or chip-chucking contests as Teacake so ably put it).

« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:20:48 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: