blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Could i do anything different?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could i do anything different?  (Read 2172 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 06:08:48 PM »

Sherriff has done the icm on the first one with SNGPT, im damn sure this is an inexploitable push. No matter who you are playing and what there calling ranges are pushing it all in is the best play and will win long term.

2nd one is tighter but i think this is a push as well. Assuming the table is not maniacal its +ev.

Aaaah its like being on 2+2.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 05:07:22 AM »

1010 Vs KJ

Easy push.

Easy pass.

I agree. Although still 75/150, your pocket tens are too strong to pass, and chips are too precious to play it with anything other than a push.

When your opponent made a bad call, it was bad for you too. Good for every player not involved in the hand.

STTs are strange like that. Many many times a situation will crop up when someone makes a horrible play, but it doesn't do any good in the long run for the other guy in the hand. The benfeactors of all that EV KJ gave up are the 4 other players in the game, scatching their arses.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 05:18:54 AM »

Short enough with 77 for that to be a push too. (We probably wouldnt if we had more chips though.

With the AK, why did you bet less than half the pot? I'm assuming its becasue you wanted a weaker ace to raise you. When that happens, you've no other real option than to call.

A pre-flop push is a bit much with the AK, too many chips for that and the blinds dont justify it yet. (One more level and I am though)

So could you have done anything differently?....I wouldn't have.

You may want to address why you're so short at 75/150 in the 77 example. You've not been "seeing flops" have you? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:52:10 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 05:26:26 AM »

Short enough with 77 for that to be a push too. (We probably wouldnt if we had more chips though.

With the AK, why did you bet less than half the pot? I'm assuming its becasue you wanted a weaker ace to raise you. When that happens, you've no other real option than to call.

A push is a bit much with the AK, too many chips for that and the blinds dont justify it yet. (One more level and I am though)

You may want to address why you're so short at 75/150 in the 77 example. You've not been "seeing flops" have you? Roll Eyes

Lol, thanks for your comments. I promise i havent sir, but to be on the safe side i shall check the hand history for that game right away sir and report back with my findings!

right away means tomorrow night/afternoon

HI HELEN!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 02:14:41 PM »

A pre-flop push is a bit much with the AK, too many chips for that and the blinds dont justify it yet. (One more level and I am though)

Tank, do you find that when the antes start to kick in (100/200/25 I believe) is the best place to put the pedal to the metal?

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »

"It depends" Roll Eyes

Sometimes the players leave quickly, and because you're 5/6 handed at 75/150, the medium blinds will kill you quicker. Waiting for the antes to kick in here would be a suicidal strategy.

Other times, youve won a nice pot or two early on, and the table is still full, or near to it at the 100/200 level. Here its ok to wait a bit past the 100/200 25ante level.

But otherwise, yes. The 100/200 25 ante level is a usually a good time to start kicking it.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: