blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:10:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273115 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Tribecca
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tribecca  (Read 3451 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 08:05:19 PM »

I play on Tribecca as well, so forgive me if I sound like I am having a go at it, I know that isn't allowed on Blonde.  But, why is it that it fails over and over again?   Every week there is at least one post about it.   For a computer idiot, can someone please explain why this network has problems all the time compared to other sites that are just as busy and run problem free?

"...isn't allowed on blonde...."?

That's a little unfair Sark. Anyone can criticise anyone or anything on blonde, so long as it is done in a civil manner.

You must also remember than many people who have a pop at BPL - or indeed other Online Cardrooms - have a hidden agenda.

Part of the character of Blonde is to keep things friendly and that is great, I am all for that as well.  However, in the past negative comments about tribecca have not been taken too kindly.  It may sound like I am criticising tribecca, but I promise I am not.  I just wanted to understand better why the network fails so often compared to other sites?      I play on Tribecca, both on Blonde and VC.  I like the sites, but it does become frustrating when you are in the middle of a STT or HU game and it goes down on you.
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 08:15:26 PM »

I agree, it's far and away the most frustrating thing about Tribeca, and always has been. It wasn't so bad when you could count on being refunded for any tourneys you were playing at the time the server crashes, but these days that isn't necessarily the case on all Tribeca sites, so you have to be careful.

As for reasons why the network is now in trouble again, I'm not sure, but since the US Gaming Legislation I've noticed the number of players has gone up to 12,000 at peak times; if I had to take a complete stab in the dark as to why the servers are having trouble, that would be high on my list.

In any case my blood pressure and I are both glad I wasn't playing this afternoon...

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »

I like the sites and I will  always play there, but I would love it if they made it more stable and brought in resizable tables for the future.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 08:21:26 PM »

I play on Tribecca as well, so forgive me if I sound like I am having a go at it, I know that isn't allowed on Blonde.  But, why is it that it fails over and over again?   Every week there is at least one post about it.   For a computer idiot, can someone please explain why this network has problems all the time compared to other sites that are just as busy and run problem free?

That's a little unfair Sark. Anyone can criticise anyone or anything on blonde, so long as it is done in a civil manner.

You must also remember than many people who have a pop at BPL - or indeed other Online Cardrooms - have a hidden agenda.

Part of the character of Blonde is to keep things friendly and that is great, I am all for that as well.  However, in the past negative comments about tribecca have not been taken too kindly.  It may sound like I am criticising tribecca, but I promise I am not.  I just wanted to understand better why the network fails so often compared to other sites?      I play on Tribecca, both on Blonde and VC.  I like the sites, but it does become frustrating when you are in the middle of a STT or HU game and it goes down on you.

The comments to which you refer often came from peeps with hidden agendas Sark. Like, they own a rival cardroom but forgot to mention it.....! You'd be astonished, but it's true........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 08:26:50 PM »

Sark lets face it, its about the only oportunity you have for something to go down on you Cheesy
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 08:30:34 PM »

Ok .  I wasn't intentionally having a go at Tribecca, it just sounded that way   Cheesy.    I keep filling out the suggestion bits on the site each day when I play, I will keep doing that and eventually I will get a response, lol.   Some of my suggestions are very strange and they have started to go down the route of an arrogant movie star who requests the most ridiculous things.  I am going to request they bring in a table layout with my name flashing in the background.

lolololol  mikky,  good one
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 08:31:51 PM »

I've made negative comments about Tribeca Tables in the past and was asked as I favour to Blonde to not do so.  A favour which I will abide to.

I don't own any card rooms but I'm affiliated with around thirty through my job.  Three of which are on the Tribeca network.  I also know Steve Cook, the European Marketing Director at Tribeca.

There are worse networks than Tribeca for stability and play in general.  The frustrating nature of downtime means players will always complain.  
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

I've made negative comments about Tribeca Tables in the past and was asked as I favour to Blonde to not do so.  A favour which I will abide to.

So what you are saying is "I have criticised Tribeca in the past, I have now agreed not to criticise tribeca, but I will continue to remind people that I have criticised tribeca in the past?.

That's about as tactful as saying to your mother-in law "I used to call you an old cow, but I have agreed not to as a favour to your daughter."

The older I get, the better I was.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 09:15:31 PM »

"You're quite hostile."

"I gotta right to be hostile, my people are being persecuted"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Takes_a_Nation_of_Millions_to_Hold_Us_Back

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 09:16:26 PM »

The comments to which you refer often came from peeps with hidden agendas Sark. Like, they own a rival cardroom but forgot to mention it.....! You'd be astonished, but it's true........

I take it that you have discovered that I own a rival cardroom  Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 09:19:23 PM »

So what you are saying is "I have criticised Tribeca in the past, I have now agreed not to criticise tribeca, but I will continue to remind people that I have criticised tribeca in the past?.

That's about as tactful as saying to your mother-in law "I used to call you an old cow, but I have agreed not to as a favour to your daughter."

That is not what I'm saying.

That quoted post was the first I had made regarding Tribeca for some time.  It was in response to Sark's comments.

I actually like Tribeca and have several accounts there.  I have every right to criticise, as does Sark and others, to express dissatisfaction.  I choose not to because I was asked not to.  If that is a secret then I apologise for my lack of tact.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 10:12:41 PM »

I didn't mean to start a debate  Cheesy,  we all like Tribecca, but we feel there are a few things that could make it better thats all

I fear this thread may be taking a wrong path.  Here is a joke to ease things  Cheesy

A man walks into a hamburger shop and orders a regular meal. Later, the waitress brings his meal to him. He takes a bite out of it , and notices there's a small hair in the hamburger. He begins yelling frantically at the waitress.
"Waitress, there's a hair in my hamburger! I demand to see what is going on!"

So, the waitress takes him back where the cook is and to his demise, he sees the cook take the meat patty and flatten it under his arm pit. He says, "That's disgusting!"

Then the waitress says, "You think that's disgusting you should see him make donuts"
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 11:48:14 PM »

I think Sark asks a very good question, and I'd also be keen to know from any techies why this happens. The other thing I'd like to know is - why can't the system recognise when it's gone down..? Is it possible to do this? It would make things much less frustrating for the player if it was.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 11:53:39 PM »

i was involed in two ring tables when i was disconnected, i return back home tonight to find that my accound stll said $1549 in play hmmmmm, hope im not playing hu
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 08:26:20 PM »

i was involed in two ring tables when i was disconnected, i return back home tonight to find that my accound stll said $1549 in play hmmmmm, hope im not playing hu

I noticed last night that you were playing on 2 cash tables so I thought I would see how you were doing. This first table you weren't there and the second table was completely empty 

By the way ...ive just had a look and you are STILL on table MASH, you might want to ping the manager.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: