blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:19:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Inter-Country Heads Up Championships!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inter-Country Heads Up Championships!  (Read 3135 times)
DeVore

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2006, 05:14:24 PM »

With a tip of the hat to Snoops and the lads, I thought you guys might like to know that Jen is on the other side of the camera and note book today, swapping her Scoop hat for an English top and togging out to play against Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Flushey and others are here too and live updates are on http://www.antesup.com/boards/showthread.php?t=639

I'll drop back and update here too to let you know how they get on. The slagging is flying fast between the English and the Irish while the scots are already singing The Flower of Scotland and we've only just kicked off!

DeV.
DeVore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:38:51 PM »

Jen won her second round game (after a marathon girl-on-girl headsup against Gwawr from Wales), by dismissing Rob Taylor in a terrific battle. Jen had the lead for most of it and pressure pressure pressured Rob but the wily Irishman avoided being cornered for a long time. Ultimately Jen triumphed and proceeds to the quarters...

Ironside was knocked out in the first round by Rob who came back from being very short stacked so there was a certain amount of justice for Blonde Poker!

DeV.
DeVore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 11:16:09 PM »

Jen is into the semis and currently leading her match, the situation is that if the Irish win the final, they win the whole thing, if the English win the final.....

.... its a draw!

Scotland and Wales have already been elminated and its Eng v Eng and Ire v Ire in the semis!

Normally I'd cheer for Jen but national pride is at stake Smiley

DeV.
The Dundonian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 11:47:43 PM »

Sigh! thats my bets up in the air then.

I'm a rubber duck you can't quack me!
DeVore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 12:24:10 AM »

Jen unfortunately exited in the semis. She played some terrific poker all day. Kevin Conway (E) and Ken Doherty (I) are currently playing the finals.

DeV.
DeVore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 12:43:45 AM »

Ireland wins the first ICHUC 4 nations!!

Kevin Conway fought bravely but Ken Doherty was too strong!

DeV.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 04:24:56 PM »

Thx for the updates.

A news item on this Event can be found by clicking the link below:

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/5094
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 10:23:49 PM »

Thanks for keeping up on blonde too (what multitasking and mastery of the Tab function...).  Sorry I told you to go away that time.  Please don't put that photo anywhere you took in response to that...

It was hugely entertaining all round, and I wish I could transport the Fitzwilliam down the road from my house as I may well live in there.  Your team almost deserved their first place finish.  That's as far as I'm willing to go with the congratulations. 

Hope to do it again soon, and a big thank you to everyone who made the three Visitor Nations feel so welcome.

Jen

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 08:04:19 PM »

It was hugely entertaining all round, and I wish I could transport the Fitzwilliam down the road from my house as I may well live in there.  Your team almost deserved their first place finish.  That's as far as I'm willing to go with the congratulations. 

Hope to do it again soon, and a big thank you to everyone who made the three Visitor Nations feel so welcome.

Jen

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: