blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:20:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  xbox 360 now or wait for ps3
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: xbox 360 now or wait for ps3  (Read 4587 times)
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2006, 05:46:59 PM »

Im not sure what to do -
Get an Xbox 360 now or wait for the new Playstation 3.
or get a xbox360 after xmas, will they be cheaper?
Any gamers on here have any views.

Cheers

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 06:19:08 PM »

With Gears of War plus the imminent arrival of Halo 3 and KOTOR III it has to be the 360 IMO.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 06:24:43 PM »

yes I agree

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 06:25:47 PM »

wait for ps3...i had the xbox 360 for a few months before it got nicked! im waiting for ps3...PES on pes3 will be awesome me thinks.
shortstack_itb

Riverin Sh!t

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 06:30:44 PM »

I work for a major retail company and can tell you the ps3 is going to retail at about £400 - £425

Xbox 360 is quality, gears of war is a bit of a dissapointment though we call it gears of poo at work!

Wii is going to be great, was at te launch party and you can tell its going to be a hit!

Still looking for that happy place
mex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 06:38:32 PM »

I love these xbox/ps debate

BUY BOTH.

i think nintendo have called the new consol wee for a reason

iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/mexico66.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 07:27:25 PM »

I own an xbox360 so I am biased.

The quality of current games for the xbox360 are really amazing, the online features add to the games.

I play Tiger woods 07, pro evo 6, call of duty 3 all online. So many more games I want!
El Yortle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 07:37:45 PM »

If your future HD media format is a concern, then you might want to weigh up the war between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, as the different consoles support different formats.
Gryff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 08:05:48 PM »

Well, I'd never buy an xbox, - too many sequels and a lack of anything original.

I'll probably buy a PS3 and Wii and import japanese titles, being able to speak and read japanese has its uses, you get games that are not just churned out crap with shinier graphics.
happybhoy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 08:48:08 PM »

A lot is made of the price difference but the PS3 comes with bluray out the box while you'll have to pay extra for the hd-dvd drive on the xbox, so unless you've no interest watching hi-def movie you'll end up paying the same anyway. I'm going for the PS3 personally as I think in the long run they'll be able to squeeze more out the cell chip. Either way it's all good.

I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to mis-attribute this quote to Voltaire.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 09:41:50 PM »

HD games on the Xbox are amazing graphics and the pic on a hd tv are worth the extra.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 11:16:18 PM »

is gears of war reallycrap???

i was gonna buy it?

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 11:27:06 PM »

Gears of war is a bit of a dissapointment though we call it gears of poo at work!

Did it take just one person or the whole team to think up this name, seems as though some hidden talent just came to fruition

lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 11:31:30 PM »

A lot is made of the price difference but the PS3 comes with bluray out the box while you'll have to pay extra for the hd-dvd drive on the xbox, so unless you've no interest watching hi-def movie you'll end up paying the same anyway. I'm going for the PS3 personally as I think in the long run they'll be able to squeeze more out the cell chip. Either way it's all good.
to be honest, for anyone interested in quality, the whole bluray thing on the ps3 is a bit of a red herring.

they told us the same thing when the ps2 came out (use your ps2 for watching dvd's, its the complete system). The reality was that the dvd playing capability was about the equivalent of a 20 asda special.

i dont think it would be wise to base your gaming needs and wants on the basis of what movies it can play...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
b_000_m

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 05:59:21 PM »

Im not a gamer, in my younger days yes, lately though I have noticed different games which are so real, can anyone point in directions of which console to buy and which games, and also how real life are they, and is it still a joystick?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: