blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:50:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  88% Concentration blogger aka Bluescouse finally busto.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 88% Concentration blogger aka Bluescouse finally busto.  (Read 49168 times)
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2007, 12:25:49 AM »

If you look at any of the big fulltilt players, they all have the ability to play without any fear. This guy can do that as well. He is only 19, just wait untill he builds up experience over the next few years, he will be one of the online players who everyone talks about and in a positive way.  I wish I could play the way he does.  What is his new name?

Doesn't matter how good you are, if you don't have the discipline then you'll always be on a par with a total amatuer. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that this guy will never have the discipline of the great online players and will always do his bollox in the end.

Agreed, he will go bust again and again. He will hurt himself and his friends and family.

He seems like a decent bloke, but he has a serious gambling problem and will need to address it sooner or later.

Sark, the ability to play without fear and distance yourself from the value of the money you are playing with is different from not being able to control your compulsions. Many in the poker world have gambling related problems including many of the most talented players. These types of problems can be every bit as destructive as drugs, alcohol and other addictions.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2007, 12:30:39 AM »

But in order to build a really huge bankroll, do you not need a lot of gamble in you?

Who needs a huge bankroll? There''s plenty of fun at all levels of the game, & enough money to get by on.

The real winners at this game are the likes of Paul Parker -  a real survivor over a very long time. Not sponsored, but he gets by, plays as often as he wants, & wherever he wants, & enjoys every day, ever smiling. Now THATS a huge winner in my book, never mind these 5 minute wonders.

Quite right.

Surely the whole point of being a 'poker pro' is the ability to divorce yourself from the trials and tribulations that the world of work places upon us. Spending time doing what you enjoy, when you want. Calling the shots in your own life, instead of having them called for you.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2007, 12:30:58 AM »

If you look at any of the big fulltilt players, they all have the ability to play without any fear. This guy can do that as well. He is only 19, just wait untill he builds up experience over the next few years, he will be one of the online players who everyone talks about and in a positive way.  I wish I could play the way he does.  What is his new name?

Doesn't matter how good you are, if you don't have the discipline then you'll always be on a par with a total amatuer. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that this guy will never have the discipline of the great online players and will always do his bollox in the end.

Agreed, he will go bust again and again. He will hurt himself and his friends and family.

He seems like a decent bloke, but he has a serious gambling problem and will need to address it sooner or later.

Sark, the ability to play without fear and distance yourself from the value of the money you are playing with is different from not being able to control your compulsions. Many in the poker world have gambling related problems including many of the most talented players. These types of problems can be every bit as destructive as drugs, alcohol and other addictions.

Some of the very best Tourney players are off the scene pretty much because they either have a gambling problem, or lack self-discipline.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2007, 12:37:36 AM »

I do think it must be a massive help if you are able to shut out the fear of losing.  The reason I will probably potter around at the lower limits for the rest of my poker life is due to the fear of losing money.  I still get annoyed with myself if I drop a $10 pot, etc.  I doubt that a Gus Hansen or another top player ever feels nervous when they have a large amount of money in the middle, some people are able to shut the fear out of their games in a natural way.  He may have a gambling problem or he may just be a 19 year old who enjoys the attention he gets. He even said himself that he feels a pressure to play higher than he should to remain entertaining for his 'fans'.  Take away the blog and the reckless side to his game may also go. 

If you look at any of the people in sport who appeal to the public, they are fearless.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2007, 05:03:48 AM »

But in order to build a really huge bankroll, do you not need a lot of gamble in you?

Who needs a huge bankroll? There''s plenty of fun at all levels of the game, & enough money to get by on.

The real winners at this game are the likes of Paul Parker -  a real survivor over a very long time. Not sponsored, but he gets by, plays as often as he wants, & wherever he wants, & enjoys every day, ever smiling. Now THATS a huge winner in my book, never mind these 5 minute wonders.

The reason Paul is a winner is because he always darts off when its his round!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2007, 09:49:52 AM »

I do think it must be a massive help if you are able to shut out the fear of losing.   The reason I will probably potter around at the lower limits for the rest of my poker life is due to the fear of losing money.  I still get annoyed with myself if I drop a $10 pot, etc.  I doubt that a Gus Hansen or another top player ever feels nervous when they have a large amount of money in the middle, some people are able to shut the fear out of their games in a natural way.  He may have a gambling problem or he may just be a 19 year old who enjoys the attention he gets. He even said himself that he feels a pressure to play higher than he should to remain entertaining for his 'fans'.  Take away the blog and the reckless side to his game may also go. 

If you look at any of the people in sport who appeal to the public, they are fearless.

If you want to remain in your chosen pursuit - in this case poker - for a lifetime, or, at least, a long time, fear of losing is key. The thought that if I blow all my money I won't be able to continue gives me that balance between reckless gamble & sensible decision. I've never played at the level this kid has, nor have I ever lost the amounts he has. But I've survived. He, sadly, will not.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »

I have managed to survive for quite a while now with poker as my only income. I don't have a lot of ability, but I do have a lot of discipline.

The older I get, the better I was.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2007, 10:14:32 AM »

I have managed to survive for quite a while now with poker as my only income. I don't have a lot of ability, but I do have a lot of discipline.

I think we have to remember hes only 18 or so and really has no comittments, nows the time for him to give it a shot in my opinion.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2007, 10:22:50 AM »

You have had a lot of good results Boss, so you must have the ability.

I don't know if this Eds guys approach is right or wrong, but I feel a large part of the way he plays is down to not wanting to disappoint his fans. This is bad in my view, he should quit his blog and play without the pressure.  If he did this, then his style and approach to money would become a bit more reserved.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2007, 10:32:26 AM »

I can only quote on the pond I play in (betfairs) but 2 of the biggest winners on there have huge swings and major tilt issues. Both Rayvon and Grundy can lose more than my entire roll in one bad day but both have won plenty overall. Any guy who can spin up £130 to 64k in a week has to have talent. If he had bankroll management etc there is no way he could spin it up so quickly. Ok he may spend the next few years going millionaire/bust etc but so do many of the young scandies (I have spoken to a few who have won a million dollars then done it in over the next month only to win another million)- they don't write a blog about it though. Just because this kid is a huge risk taker doesn't mean he can't play the game and I am astounded how many people revel in the guys car crashes (how many people have posted comments like he will be broke in a month etc?). If this guy was a blondite would he be getting such stick from you all? I think its one of the major flaws in human nature than certain people just want to see others fail when they don't even try themselves. Paul Parker is a wonderful bloke and I would class him as a mate but he isn't in the same class as a Gus Hansen (who has been broke several times over the years becasue of his gun ho approach).

ariston

better lucky than good
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »

Paul Parker is a wonderful bloke and I would class him as a mate but he isn't in the same class as a Gus Hansen (who has been broke several times over the years becasue of his gun ho approach).

That depends upon how you measure class.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »

I can only quote on the pond I play in (betfairs) but 2 of the biggest winners on there have huge swings and major tilt issues. Both Rayvon and Grundy can lose more than my entire roll in one bad day but both have won plenty overall. Any guy who can spin up £130 to 64k in a week has to have talent. If he had bankroll management etc there is no way he could spin it up so quickly. Ok he may spend the next few years going millionaire/bust etc but so do many of the young scandies (I have spoken to a few who have won a million dollars then done it in over the next month only to win another million)- they don't write a blog about it though. Just because this kid is a huge risk taker doesn't mean he can't play the game and I am astounded how many people revel in the guys car crashes (how many people have posted comments like he will be broke in a month etc?). If this guy was a blondite would he be getting such stick from you all? I think its one of the major flaws in human nature than certain people just want to see others fail when they don't even try themselves. Paul Parker is a wonderful bloke and I would class him as a mate but he isn't in the same class as a Gus Hansen (who has been broke several times over the years becasue of his gun ho approach).

Which misses my point by a country mile, & is entirely out of context.

Same class as Gus, as a player I assume you mean, absolutely not (though knowing them both I'd venture the personal opinion that, as a person, Paul's a far better man), but the idea I put forward is that REAL winners, in my book, are not those who win zillions & then lose it a week later, it's those who survive in the game. I use Paul Parker as an illustration - here is a man who does not put himself under money pressure, plays wherever & whenever he wishes, has not "worked" for as long as I've known him, & enjoys every moment of his poker, & thus is ever smiley & happy.

That, to me, is a winner -  proper winner. He wins enough to keep himself in the game, buy the material things he needs, never work, & a man who even looks like he is loving his life. Would winning a zillion make Paul any different, or change the size of the games he plays? I think not. He don't need to.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »

.....but have they? If they lose as much as they win, & need to keep repeating the trick, where's the gain? Have they really won plenty overall? Sure, they've won plenty. And lost plenty.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »

rayvon started with 5k and won over a million and grundy has a high 6figure/almost 7 figure dollar roll as well so yeh I would say they are both fantastic players- they can still lose 50-100k in a day when things go wrong for them. On another thread we have read about ram smashing 600k in v srugby heads up- does this make him any less classy a guy? Good luck to bluescouse, I for one hope he continues to run it up and I don't "hope" he will be broke in a month for my entertainment. Riverdave on here used to be the king of the spinups- ask him how it feels to run almost nothing to 6 figures then back down again- "I told you so" from others makes the others look like classless, jelous idiots in my eyes.

I was saying class about paul as in class of player- as a person paul is very classy I agree.

ariston

better lucky than good
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2007, 10:58:44 AM »

I hope this young guy does well also .  He has much more ability than I ever will probably, so best of luck to him
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: