blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  PSTARS $2,500 TODAY
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PSTARS $2,500 TODAY  (Read 145839 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: September 19, 2005, 02:52:48 PM »

It was his friend's account that he was playing on last night.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 19, 2005, 02:54:16 PM »

It seems that it's his mum's account and credit card and so it's ok.

Even though he's only 18.

and his mum let him have an extra pack of pic'n'mix this morning as his reward

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 19, 2005, 03:10:24 PM »

Defnitely different account last year. I guess from timing of article he is probably legal now, though not for B & M in USA...

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 19, 2005, 03:17:39 PM »

hmmmmmmmmm wonder if he was playing more than one account. didn't stars just ban that?
-bw-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: September 19, 2005, 03:38:50 PM »

I'm cream crackered today after stopping up till 5am

looks like I missed some great play by Tony G

Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: September 19, 2005, 07:14:11 PM »

... then a lot denied it, cofused

I found a link on another site, which in turn linked elsewhere, which had a list of pros v supposed Pokerstars usernames.

http://www.majorwager.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=139946&CFID=1024921&CFTOKEN=68970885

They do seem to think in this thread that Harrington is Pickled Egg?

Might be a nice little project for someone. Try to get together a database of pros and their usernames on each site. That would get some internet traffic.

PS They got Dave's wrong?

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: September 19, 2005, 07:37:40 PM »

what you may not know is that the person who posted that it wasn't Harrington on this thread would know this for a fact.
So i think it's safe to say it ain't him

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: September 19, 2005, 07:57:03 PM »

what you may not know is that the person who posted that it wasn't Harrington on this thread would know this for a fact.
So i think it's safe to say it ain't him

Aha. I missed a chunk of a thread due to that pesky irritant known as 'work'. Just seen the post you are referring to and I know the score now!

Still liking the idea of a usernames to players database!!

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 19, 2005, 09:23:48 PM »

Just to say a quick thank you for the support this morning folks...it was emotional as tikay would say
 Grin
Apparantly the window closed immediately after my exit, and I entered speechless shock as I realised I had just blown a fantastic shot at the odd 800 THOUSAND...so just in case anyone was interested, this is approximately how the grissley tale ended..
I held AJ in mid-position. Barry Greenstein passed (He had been raising and taking many a pot unchallenged just prior)
The BB was 1600 sb 800 ante 100
I made it 4800 to play just hoping to collect another 3300 unchallenged
I held 117,000 at the start of the hand and was in 12 place overall.
The Big Blind was DREAMER who just had me covered (about 125,000)...for this reason it is possible that I should have played the hand slower
Everyone passed but DREAMER called (he did not re-raise)
The flop was A J 8 two hearts (and lots of straight draws)
I feel the sort of hands he would call with are 10 Q, 9 10 or similar...so the flop is dangerous and i must bet my hand
Hopefully he will get stubborn with a worse Ace rag hand.
There is just over 11,000 in the pot...he checked, I bet 8,000, he called, I think he has Ace rag
The turn was a 3... with a bit of luck he has just made Aces Up two pair
The pot is 27,000 He checks, I bet 18,000
He calls and raises another 18,000 it is 630 in the morning in a Barcelona Hotel and the alarm bells don'g ring
there is over 80,000 in the middle, i have 76,000, it is 18,000 to call
As Kenny Ford says 'How could I pass?'
If I call the 18,000 we would have a 100k pot and he is going to bet most or all of my remaining 60k on the river.
He may be drawing to a flush and straight (unlikely) or an AK or AQ...so I automatically move all-in
In reality the more likely hands are about EVENS I am winning. He either has two pair or a set.
He had a set of Jacks (it is hard to believe he didn't re-raise pre-flop)

The unlucky bit was the coupe happened v the other huge stack...if only it could have been against a nice 12,000 short stack

...it HAS been emotional....

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 19, 2005, 09:51:58 PM »

Loved the rational there Dave and its good to see you are crytical of your own play as well. I like the fact you had yourself down as evens to being in front (most players would be certain that they were in front in that spot), you could smell the set I think. You played it quick and when the money went in you knew he had at least 2 pair or a set.
 About time some of the big names put honest oppinions on hands up instead of just claiming you were cold decked/unlucky etc. You kept me up half the night and I really did believe you were going all the way when you got above 100k.
 I don't think he reraised preflop as he didn't like his hand- the last 3 hands you had raised with were AK KK and QQ ( or the last 3 we had seen anyway) and I think he wouldve been willing to release without hitting his set.
Well played anyway and some good entertainment was had along with some great poker viewed (just how many resteals did you run on Greenstein? I lost count).

ariston

better lucky than good
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 19, 2005, 10:05:11 PM »

Just to say a quick thank you for the support this morning folks...it was emotional as tikay would say
 Grin
Apparantly the window closed immediately after my exit, and I entered speechless shock as I realised I had just blown a fantastic shot at the odd 800 THOUSAND...so just in case anyone was interested, this is approximately how the grissley tale ended..
I held AJ in mid-position. Barry Greenstein passed (He had been raising and taking many a pot unchallenged just prior)
The BB was 1600 sb 800 ante 100
I made it 4800 to play just hoping to collect another 3300 unchallenged
I held 117,000 at the start of the hand and was in 12 place overall.
The Big Blind was DREAMER who just had me covered (about 125,000)...for this reason it is possible that I should have played the hand slower
Everyone passed but DREAMER called (he did not re-raise)
The flop was A J 8 two hearts (and lots of straight draws)
I feel the sort of hands he would call with are 10 Q, 9 10 or similar...so the flop is dangerous and i must bet my hand
Hopefully he will get stubborn with a worse Ace rag hand.
There is just over 11,000 in the pot...he checked, I bet 8,000, he called, I think he has Ace rag
The turn was a 3... with a bit of luck he has just made Aces Up two pair
The pot is 27,000 He checks, I bet 18,000
He calls and raises another 18,000 it is 630 in the morning in a Barcelona Hotel and the alarm bells don'g ring
there is over 80,000 in the middle, i have 76,000, it is 18,000 to call
As Kenny Ford says 'How could I pass?'
If I call the 18,000 we would have a 100k pot and he is going to bet most or all of my remaining 60k on the river.
He may be drawing to a flush and straight (unlikely) or an AK or AQ...so I automatically move all-in
In reality the more likely hands are about EVENS I am winning. He either has two pair or a set.
He had a set of Jacks (it is hard to believe he didn't re-raise pre-flop)

The unlucky bit was the coupe happened v the other huge stack...if only it could have been against a nice 12,000 short stack

...it HAS been emotional....

good honest stuff...I know you probably hate it DC, but please post more of this stuff...it's several levels of depth more than some of us manage

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: September 19, 2005, 11:00:13 PM »

good honest stuff...I know you probably hate it DC, but please post more of this stuff...it's several levels of depth more than some of us manage

I would agree, I had an education last night, other than waking up after 3 hours sleep saying "that taught me a lesson".

That hand analysis added to the learning, thanks DC

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 19, 2005, 11:41:21 PM »

I don't think he reraised preflop as he didn't like his hand- the last 3 hands you had raised with were AK KK and QQ ( or the last 3 we had seen anyway) and I think he wouldve been willing to release without hitting his set.
Well played anyway and some good entertainment was had along with some great poker viewed (just how many resteals did you run on Greenstein? I lost count).
This is interesting and probably correct. He probably didnt raise because he was warey of me. It is often easy to forget which hands have been shown. For example if DREAMER had seen the hands I turned over in the first hour, he would have thought I was an absolute beginner. I hadnt realised these were the last 3 shown hands.

I must admit I got a lot of enjoyment from Barry in the blinds. The idea was just to check and call if I had anything but to raise him if I had nothing (because more often than not he is at-it...worse than bradley and the camel combined). Barry will call if he thinks he has pot odds though and has plenty of chips, so care was needed. You can't play all at-it merchants though, because they simply aren't good enough to pass.

Thanks again for the support (and company thru the nite)

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: September 20, 2005, 01:12:40 AM »

Unlucky Dave seems like you were playing well yet again. I enjoyed playing against you in the €500 re-buy in Barca, you were playing well there also. I am sure a big win is on the cards for blondepoker soon.

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 20, 2005, 01:13:51 AM »

Hi DC

I've only just read this and seen the results as we had no electricity here in Paris all day . First congratulations and comiserations . From what you wrote i would say the reason the guy just flat called rather than reraise from the BB is this , first he knows that you are unlikely to be raising his BB with no hand as he can take you out and secondly he also doesn't want to raise you with JJ , as if you get stubborn with AKs he now has to make a decision as to whether he is no worse than even money and does he want to risk his stack to find out .

Even if the flop had been T high i am sure he would have played cautiously , any overs and he would have tossed his JJ if you breathed on the pot , i am sure if you hadn't been playing 8 hours already you would not have gone broke on this hand , once he check called on the flop you would have slowed down .

I still think the fact you beat so many players should give you a timely boost of confidence in time for the Vic , see you there .

ACES

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: