blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:42:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bolton GPT: Final - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bolton GPT: Final - Interactive  (Read 73332 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: January 15, 2007, 02:29:27 AM »

HALE KING PRAZ

p.s knew you would do it

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 15, 2007, 02:42:38 AM »

We were deep in Day Two of this Event. I got Mick Fletcher in Seat 6, me in 7, Gosney in 8, & Praz in seat 1.

I'm just an onlooker, I can't go the pace with those boys, I got way above average & am biding my time, I need a hand against these boys, I can't ouytplay them. But as anyone who knows Mick Fletcher will tell you, when he gets chip's he's a right bugger to handle, R, R, R R R.

I don't think Praz had played Fletcher previously, though I may be wrong.

Praz joins the table, & sits out for a whle, watching tricks. Fletcher is Table Captan, BIG time, & once he invests chips in a Pot, he rarely passes.

I'm fascinated by this. Praz is eyeing up Fletcher, & I can sense an incident soon. They both have 60k ish.

Fletcher, again, Raises, UTG this time, makes it 4k to play. All pass to Praz. Praz think for maybe 2 minutes, staring at Fletcher the whole time. Then calls.

Flop comes 

Fletcher insta bets, 10k this time.

Praz repeats the long dwell & stare. Never taskes his eyes off Fletcher. 5 minutes go by. Praz eventually calls. The entire table is spellbound.

Turn is  two hearts

Again, insta-bet by Fletcher, 20k this time.. Again, Praz thinks, Praz stares at Fletcher. Fletcher is like the Iceman, but he's looking a bit edgy now. Praz, after 6 or 7 minutes, calls.

River, 

Now Fletch makes his first mistake - he can't pull the trigger. He has about 20k left, & thinks, then taps the table. In a flash, Praz, still without taking his eyes off Fletcher, says "all-in", it's his last 20k

Now it's Fletchers time to dwell up, & dwell up he does, for an age. Eventually, he flicks his cards in the muck.

"Wanna see my hand?" says Praz. "Nope" says Fletcher.

But some nosey guy says "yes please, I do". I could not help myself, this hand was like the Ivey-Jackson hand in the  Monte Carlo Millions, which I also witnessed first hand.

And Praz turns over  .

Breathtaking.

And poor briefly Mick left the table, to vent a little frustration. No need, he'd been outplayed by a great Champion.

Awesome stuff, & I'll never forget it. The boy has game.

"The entire table is spellbound."

Are you sure the entire table hadn't fallen asleep? A 20 minute hand is pretty sleep inducing in my book.

I told them one of  my train stories while they waited. They were fascinated.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 15, 2007, 02:52:48 AM »

Oh God.

Please don't say we have teams like "The Crew" and "The Shippit Hollas" starting up over here.

I always thought poker was an solo pastime.

Please let there be no hollering and high fiving when someone gets outdrawn here, it might just be enough for me to give up the game. I absolutely cannot abide it myself.

Sadly, there was plenty of hollering & high-fiving in Bolton, from a few players and from the Rail, but not by any decent players.

The better players generally win & lose with some semblence of dignity. When did you ever see Thewy, Wernick, Praz, Gosney, Bambos, Lucy, or Ash Hussain giving it the table-banging thing?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 15, 2007, 03:27:45 AM »

Oh, and before Jen and I head off, I have to show you this photo of Praz that was ruined somewhat by some random guy lurking in the background.

Anyone know who the hell he is??

Cheesy

Head of the Bolton nipping society?
JP

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 15, 2007, 03:46:39 AM »

Oh, and before Jen and I head off, I have to show you this photo of Praz that was ruined somewhat by some random guy lurking in the background.

Cheesy

Mateyboy
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 15, 2007, 03:52:33 AM »

For some reason I can imagine him saying "Milky Milky".

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: January 15, 2007, 03:52:47 AM »

Cheesy

Mateyboy

Waldo on his day off?

The older I get, the better I was.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: January 15, 2007, 04:04:48 AM »

Oops, nearly forgot this...

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: January 15, 2007, 04:11:46 AM »

Cheesy

Mateyboy

Waldo on his day off?

woody deck

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 15, 2007, 07:44:56 AM »

Well played Praz. Excellent updates.Bring on Walsall.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
SimonH

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 15, 2007, 08:03:25 AM »

Cheesy

For some reason I can imagine him saying "Milky Milky".

stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: January 15, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »

its a local bigish gambler terrible at poker, one or igbal's backers

bluesq : archclub vc : ericuk DTD : pokerstu pokerstars : pokerstu1
CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: January 15, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »

Enjoyed 3 big battles with Paul - he really bossed Day 2 at our table for quite some time until he tilted for a few orbits When my AJ beat his AQ after hitting a J on the flop. To his credit he recovered and could have with a few more hands gone on to the Final Table - hope to play with Paul live again

« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:58:29 PM by CrestOfaWave » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 15, 2007, 01:20:05 PM »

Enjoyed 3 big battles with Paul - he really bossed Day 2 at our table for quite some time until he tilted for a few orbits When my AJ beat his AQ after hitting a J on the flop. To his credit he recovered and could have with a few more hands gone on to the Final Table - hope to play with Paul live again

crosscourtbh

Greg - 

Hi Greg, welcome to blonde.

Paul who?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: January 15, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »

crosscourtbh

Greg - 

Hi Greg, welcome to blonde.

Paul who?

He must be referring to quiet Irish player, Paul Higgins who made Day 3, but not the final table.

For those that don't know, crosscourtbh is 4th place finisher, Greg Howard.

He's from New Zealand, but don't hold that against him as, from my first encounter, he is one of the nicest guys I've met in poker for a while. Approachable, friendly and always happy to chat.

ps. Greg, could I borrow some money?  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: