blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:16:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Running it twice.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Running it twice.  (Read 814 times)
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2007, 06:17:20 AM »

Watching an episode of HSP a common thing to occur was " to run it twice " where the turn and river card were dealt twice, in one instance the whole flop( 5 cards) were dealt twice ( farha AA vs Mattasow 10's) with farha hitting set on 1st go and mattasow catching set on 2nd flop..

Whats peoples opinions on this rule being allowed, would we like it to be introduced over here(its not allowed to my knowledge) .
Does it have affect on the game?
After, in the interview Mattasow commented that he would have been losing 10k instead of winning 50k if they  hadnt ran it twice. That to me proves its not in everyones intrest to allow players to run it twice.

Whats your thoughts?

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 06:19:03 AM »

Reducing variance is the only thing that changes so how can it be a bad thing. If people want to do it then i say let them do it.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MrsLime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 06:28:00 AM »

taking this to its logical conclusion, players should have the option, when they are all-in, to get out a calculator, work out the exact percentages for each player, and just split the pot thusly

so if the pot was $50,000, farha would take $40,050 and matusow would take $9,950 and they wouldn't even bother dealing a flop

no more bad beats!!

Administrator
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:29:55 AM »

During the rest of the show the players commented that they all felt like they all had taken a bad beat when Mike spiked the 10. Obviously players play different when winning than on the chase.
So reducing the variance is a bad thing
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 06:37:01 AM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 07:19:35 AM »

Bit hard to comment critically on other peoples private game and rules.

The scenario of insurance, tho not in exact proportion based on hand equity, that Ms Lime describes came up on last nights show in a hand between Hellmuth and Greenstein

sola virtus nobilitat
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 08:10:53 AM »

taking this to its logical conclusion, players should have the option, when they are all-in, to get out a calculator, work out the exact percentages for each player, and just split the pot thusly

so if the pot was $50,000, farha would take $40,050 and matusow would take $9,950 and they wouldn't even bother dealing a flop

no more bad beats!!

Insurance like that has always been a part of the big game, i heard a story about some mug playing the big game getting himself in a good spot against doyle i think, he managed to sell his hand to Ivey for insurace, Doyle then went runner runner on Ivey costing him big!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: