blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Tiscoli block all poker sites today
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tiscoli block all poker sites today  (Read 4701 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 08:09:40 AM »

Maybe it's a Russian thing

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 08:14:38 AM »

I believe it is more catastrophic than tiscali blocking poker sites ... I think that the world must be ending AND hell freezing over ..... well those are the only 2 circumstances where i would ever consider phoning Ariston and asking him to play a comp for me Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 09:30:47 AM »

God bless the libertarian anarchists. The world tho' is being taken over by the fascist police of the politically correct

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 09:56:50 AM »

God bless the libertarian anarchists. The world tho' is being taken over by the fascist police of the politically correct

Pfft

This is the age of the internet, free speech has never had this much of a party. Anyone can say whatever they want, annonymously even, and the truth about everything is hiding somewhere (usually on page 28 of google.) 

A by-product of all this (asides from pipe-bomb manufacturing knowledge being spread) is that those who seek to criticize, from artistic, philosophical, or even the unfortunately over-zealous morallly indignant standpoint can have as loud a voice as anyone else. When they say something is naughty, well, I guess they're allowed.

The world is only ever going to be taken over by the noisiest majority. If you think this is the facist police, and you don't like that, it's up to you to create a little noise yourself, you're allowed.

Oh hang on, you just did that. Ignore the first 3 paragraphs of this post. (They were twaddle, but I guess I'm allowed to write twaddle, and somewhere therin may be a point.....if I got lucky)

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 10:02:15 AM »

A by-product of all this (asides from pipe-bomb manufacturing knowledge being spread) is that those who seek to criticize, from artistic, philosophical, or even the unfortunately over-zealous morallly indignant standpoint can have as loud a voice as anyone else. When they say something is naughty, well, I guess they're allowed.

The world is only ever going to be taken over by the noisiest majority. If you think this is the facist police, and you don't like that, it's up to you to create a little noise yourself, you're allowed.

Yes, I wouldn't want to live in a world where 'the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity'.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 10:15:56 AM »

Awfully arrogant of liberals to assume it was them Yeats was on about when he refers to the best. No wonder they lack conviction.

Probably was though.

Where are all the right wing poets ffs? It's been all downhill since Leviticus.
For sure they hae passionate intensity, but can they rhyme?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 10:25:23 AM »

Yes, I wouldn't want to live in a world where 'the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity'.

Bertrand Russell sums that up well:

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 10:40:21 AM »

He should have said

"The trouble with the world might be that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 11:38:32 AM »

He should have said

"The trouble with the world might be that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TheDoc12345

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »

Ariston is quite correct. Apparently Tiscali are reducing bandwiths to gaming companies at certain high useage times, ie peak evening.

Both I and Claire were playing on Ladbrokes from lunchtime yesterday through to about 8pm when suddenly Ladbrokes froze on both machines. I contacted Ladbrokes who immediately asked if our service provider was Tiscali (they said it to us, they didn't ask who it was) When I said "Yes" they said that that is the problem. They have been getting calls for the last few weeks from players who have had exactly the same problem.

Initially I argued with the Ladbrokes peep as they always try and blame outages on the ISP or Spain's routers or whatever . . .

While on the phone to Ladbrokes I contacted 'Tiscali Help Desk' (one joke is three words there!) and they initially denied that they are blocking sites. After about five minutes of discussion (using that word lightly) they said it does happen and I need to contact the gaming company and find out which ports they use. As I've said, I had Ladbrokes on the phone through this conversation and they immediately gave me the ports ( 1969 to 2002 if anyone needs them) Tiscali said they would clear these ports over the next three to four days - not much good when you happen to be on a final table . . . .

They are obviously not doing this to everyone, I wonder if its because we were connected to Ladbrokes all day - but IT DOES HAPPEN - and of course it WILL happen at a cruical point !

While I couldn't get into Ladbrokes, I tried all the other poker companies that I have on my desktop (roughly 12) and couldn't connect to any of them, but all other non-gaming sites were ok.

If anyone had said this to me the day before yesterday I would say there is probably something wrong with their computer or connection, as an ISP wouldn't block certain traffic (unless requested to do so - ie family block etc) but it did happen, they admitted it to me (eventually) and hopefully they will be able to remove the block in the next few days.

This only happens at peak times - my connection to all sites this morning is perfect. At the end of the day, if you are using Tiscali, playing poker in the evenings, it might be worth giving them a call and making sure that the ports are left open - because you know what will happen - it won't be when you are raising 30p into a 30p pot !

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 11:50:31 AM »

A very strange policy, as the amount of bandwidth used by poker rooms is relatively low - especially compared to P2P sites or video streaming, etc.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »

A very strange policy, as the amount of bandwidth used by poker rooms is relatively low - especially compared to P2P sites or video streaming, etc.

Yes, in the grand scheme of things internet poker uses virtually no bandwidth. Tiscali are arseholes.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 12:01:40 PM »

Maybe they watched the documentary on Channel 4 the other night, and now know that poker is evil?

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »

not much good when you happen to be on a final table . . . .

Clearly you are lying.......

Unless you are talking about Claire.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 04:31:52 PM »

Die Tiscali, Die!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: