blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:20:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Call or fold for all your chips?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Call or fold for all your chips?  (Read 1162 times)
Ricardov83

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2007, 04:22:57 PM »

In $3 rebuy on stars.  2 and half hours into it and I'm sitting on 25000 (average is 16000).  Blinds at 400/800 for another 10 minutes.  700 players left and top 500 get paid.

In small blind with  .  Big stack with 47000 pushes all in from early position, all fold to me.  There was 1 stack at the table who almost equalled big stack, a couple with 25000ish and many sitting on 10000ish.  No information on big stack.

What do you put him on and what is your move?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »

no need for him to push for that amount. no matter what he has it's a terrible bet.
I could lay this down but would hate to do so.

I would say feck it and fold, as you have no info on him and you could very well be in a race (AK and all that) and there's no need for that right now.

If however I had any info on him that suggested he would do this with A9 and small/middle pairs (which again would be a terrible play) I would call this in a  second.

For now I'd fold...and hate myself for doing so untill I got into the money and busted him..As sooner or later guys like this will get busted.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
N_Baldo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »

Yeah , really truly terrible player the guy pushing here. I would put him on A-K ,as I see alot of players play it this way. It's hard to think hes got Aces or Kings playing it in this fashion though- which is leaning me toward call. But on the other hand, you're above average stack and can build up risk free with low blinds. Let him steal the blinds and bust him later with Kings or Aces.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »

Yeah , really truly terrible player the guy pushing here. I would put him on A-K ,as I see alot of players play it this way. It's hard to think hes got Aces or Kings playing it in this fashion though- which is leaning me toward call. But on the other hand, you're above average stack and can build up risk free with low blinds. Let him steal the blinds and bust him later with Kings or Aces.

that's my train of thought..why get into a race with someone who can knock you out when you are still in very good shape? Get him later

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 04:42:54 PM »

yeah looks like ur racing here

fold

get em later.

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Jezebel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »

Instant Call for me
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 05:42:24 AM »

Folding here is pretty much the same as getting a few $100 bills and setting light to them.

Insta-call.

95% of the time he is AK/AQ/JJ-88 worst case a 55% fave.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Jinky04

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 05:20:19 PM »

Call. $3 rebuy his range is massive, I've seen big stack UTG pushes with as poor as 22/33 at this level manys the time.
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »

I put him on AK and call feeling that this is the time to acquire a big stack to let me go deep.  He flips JJ.

Thanks for all the input.  Glad to hear people calling too.

Rick.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: