blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:56:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Walsall GukPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walsall GukPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 70436 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2007, 02:21:47 AM »

Ryan Fronda puts himself through the wringer over a 6k call on the river with the board standing:  .  He checked, and found this bet into the 9k or so in the pot.  Going through all the options of what he puts his opponent on, from Queens through to pure bluff, he eventually calls, only to see the in his opponent's hand...

So Ryan Fronda, after pressing the 'Time' button quite vigorously (with a real decision, to be fair) has 12,700.
Neighbour Tom McCready has just 6,125, and presumably would like the whole thing to move at a brisker pace.  But he's still awake, which is more than I can say for some of the players who look like they're already half asleep.  Pictures coming.

What did Ryan have ?

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2007, 02:22:00 AM »

Someone who is definitely out is one of my picks, Joe Grech, who made his swan song with Pocket Nines v the K-Q of Martino Libertini.

On the same table, Damien Evans takes out a player when his Kings hold up against Tens, all-in by the Queen high Flop.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 16, 2007, 02:22:13 AM »

Anyone fancy giving me a chip count on Iwan Jones?

purple = 1,00
green = 500
grey = 100
orange = 25

Yes, I'm not the biggest fan of updater-taunting Iwan Jones, who was all, "Bet you can't do this one," and tired old me guessed 3k short, an unheard-of margin of error, making him giggle in a "not so smart now, are we?" sort of way.  Well, it's less than 20k, that's all I'm prepared to say.  Clever stacking, well done.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2007, 02:23:26 AM »

Zippy Aslam looks a lot happier now, although he's still struggling with just 8,300. He's capable of cominng back from that though, no probs.

Meanwhile, his facial hair has grown an inch in the last hour.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2007, 02:23:32 AM »

Ryan Fronda puts himself through the wringer over a 6k call on the river with the board standing:  .  He checked, and found this bet into the 9k or so in the pot.  Going through all the options of what he puts his opponent on, from Queens through to pure bluff, he eventually calls, only to see the in his opponent's hand...

So Ryan Fronda, after pressing the 'Time' button quite vigorously (with a real decision, to be fair) has 12,700.
Neighbour Tom McCready has just 6,125, and presumably would like the whole thing to move at a brisker pace.  But he's still awake, which is more than I can say for some of the players who look like they're already half asleep.  Pictures coming.

What did Ryan have ?

He didn't show, just did that annoyed card-wave-and-muck.  But I think I saw the , and somehow think there's more likely to have been a Queen with it than it standing alone with the two pair.  I might just ask him.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 16, 2007, 02:25:11 AM »

After the current break, we'll be up to 400/800 ante 75, and that level will be all for today's play.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: February 16, 2007, 02:25:37 AM »

Matt Dale is also a gonna, finding his J-Ts in deep deep toruble against Jatinder Purewal's Pocket Tens.

gave him some outs, but even though he asked nicely for a spade or a jack, the dealer failed to oblige.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2007, 02:29:20 AM »

I notice Greg 'crosscoutbh' Howard's seat is empty.

He's also logged into blonde.

What happened? 
Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2007, 02:31:17 AM »

Hi Jen,

Great updates as usual , Can you please get a chip count on A very good friend of mine Kashan Muthy and pass on  .

ooh, can you refrain from using the word Cupcake !.

Many thanks xx
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2007, 02:32:38 AM »

I notice Greg 'crosscoutbh' Howard's seat is empty.

He's also logged into blonde.

What happened? 

I think that was that giganto hand against Mr. Phipps...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2007, 02:34:57 AM »

Just had a quick chat with RED-DOG in the break - he's "clinging on to the wreckage" and looking for any open spot to push his last chips in with.  But there's been a raise in front of him every time, and he can't bring himself to take the plunge with any two in a situation in which he's pretty much bound to be called.  That's a rubbish position to be in, I hope the way becomes clear for him before Day Two...

CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2007, 02:39:56 AM »

Hey Snoopy -

Had started to get cards and was building stack up to around 30k chips. The 'bonkers' hand was a misread by me. I sensed weakness when he called all in after the pot was up to around 15k chips or so with J high on the board. I put him on AQ and was prepared to race. (I made the call similar to one you make in an online sit and go, and in retrospect made the wrong play.... doh

I got a flush draw on the turn so had 15 outs and was praying for 1 of them - but cest la vie it never happened.
If it had of happened would have been in the top 5.

I hadnt made too many friends with my play that hour as I had played 4 -5 hands very aggressively and grown my stack from 12k -30k with strong raising. Including KK vs Lucy who didnt like me pushing her around and doing a ballsy 4 times raise on 3 raised limpers holding a mid range PP in the big blind.

What was amazing was that Jackson was on life support below 5k chips and John Gale had whittled to sub 10k and Lucy sub 13k so in the space of 1 hour i had jumped to 2nd in stack size on the table. Just played 1 too may aggressive plays on a misread.

Wont be playing Cardiff but will see you at Monte carlo and Mancester for Leg 4.

Great updates.

Good luck to all blondietes still in

greg

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2007, 02:47:15 AM »

Chip leaders...

Matt Tyler -- 60,200
Paul Gourlay -- 54,975
Edward Phipps -- 49,950
Barny Boatman -- 48,550
Nik Persaud -- 41,950
Michael Bolous -- 40,800
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2007, 02:54:30 AM »

Zippy Aslam is OUT.

Pushed all-in from the small blind with K-J but was looked up by the A-6 of Christian Laarsen.

I don't know if it was, but I can't resist saying that it was a rainbow flop (cough).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2007, 02:55:24 AM »

Zippy Aslam is OUT.

Pushed all-in from the small blind with K-J but was looked up by the A-6 of Christian Laarsen.

I don't know if it was, but I can't resist saying that it was a rainbow flop (cough).

He bungled into the A-6?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: