blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  KK hand of champions
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KK hand of champions  (Read 3353 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 01:07:15 PM »

Am I going nuts? how can you possibly fold KK here? (forget what happened in the hand) you are VERY liikely to be ahead. But you would fold because the guys are most likely on a draw? That doesn't make any sense.

I reraise a hefty amount make them pay for hitting their draws. OK so in this case they did but it's poor play to fold to what you think are drawing hands when you are well ahead.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »

they already know you have an overpair probably. no point in raising here as they'll only call with whatever draws they have.

Yeah couldn't agree more, no point building a big pot when you are ahead.......

if you raise you're priced in on the turn.
Quite, especially against this dude. Not like there aren't opportunities to hit straights and flushes which pay out easy when they hold KK. After all, all you have is a pair, no straight draw, no flush draw.

you almost certainly KNOW you are ahead on the flop...how can you bail here? It's astonishing. You know you are folding the best hand in a cash game and yet you fold it as opposed to making others pay to improve.

Ofcourse the guy will tell you he would have called any raise you might have made (and he very well might have but that's what you want!!), he hit his hand this time and you are thinking "Good thing I got out of that one" That's result orientated thinking if I have ever seen it and it's not the way to think about your poker game as it's essentially the same as folding 2-3 pre-flop when 2 people are all in then seeing 333 on the flop and then deciding folding the 2-3 was a poor poker desicion, so next time you'll lump it all in pre-flop with 2-3 off suit.

I don't get this, I honestly don't.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Raindogs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 02:45:43 PM »

UTG may read you for AK or a PP JJ or worse.  A lead of 1/3 of the pot would suggest a drawing hand to me as I would expect someone with 2P or a set to check raise with that flop.  If he checked on the flop and the loose opponent also checked he could be facing a pot sized bet from you with not enough implied odds to call if the loose player folds.  The loose player didn't raise which would make me think he is drawing as well.

In this spot I would raise pot as any other raise amount will give your opponents the pot odds they need to call on their draws.  Calling would be an option if you had a deeper stack but only if you were planning to pot the turn if there was no scare card.  Raising pot may get you heads up where you are a 2/1 favourite over straight and flush draws.  If they are both on flush draws the odds of the flush are 2.6/1.  Against a straight AND a flush draw you are about even money (I think).  If you get all your money in and they both call you are getting 2/1 on an even money shot (possible worst case).

If you raise pot the UTG bettor will not be getting the correct pot odds to call if he is on a draw (you will only have £18 left for him to win) unless the loose guy is going to call.  Either way you are probably ahead and you need to raise to protect your hand and to make your opponents pay for their draws.  Calling and hoping a scare card does not hit will mean that if the UTG bettor leads out again on the turn you will not have enough money to push him off his draw and by that stage the pot will be too big for him to fold.  By raising on the flop you giving yourself the chance to get heads up which may improve your chances of winning.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 02:59:39 PM »

Why has this post gone on so bloody long?
 If these players really are loose, make a substantial re-raise on the flop and price out all drawing hands. Incidentally you would LOVE to have them both on a flush draw. I dont know what programs other ppl use but against 2 non-paired flush draws with an overpair you are a 56% favourite.
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 12:22:26 AM »

Am I going nuts? how can you possibly fold KK here? (forget what happened in the hand) you are VERY liikely to be ahead. But you would fold because the guys are most likely on a draw? That doesn't make any sense.

I reraise a hefty amount make them pay for hitting their draws. OK so in this case they did but it's poor play to fold to what you think are drawing hands when you are well ahead.
I bailed on the turn to a scare card in the face of raising, I believe I did raise the flop, not by much, more of a feeler. On the internet I would play the hand completely differently, probably the big raise flushy talks of. Mind you 10xbb preflop raises are not commonly getting called by T6. Pot odds are largely meaningless to person on my right, no such word in indian. The flipside is that hands in which I'm a 70%+ favourite get paid off very regularly, I'm not that interested in shoving £100s about where I'm maybe a 56% favourite. The fact that it's 4am probably has something to do with it too...
  flop, betting calling
Turn , massive raise by Player A, representing 2 pair truthfully. Player to my right ( ) calls, says 'looking like I need a 4 (case 4 as it happens), hits it on river. So no amount of large raising is going to get him off it. I prefer to reserve my stack for situations where I know I've a decent lead on him, happens often enough.
My point about the KK is that preflop it's massive, certainly not so massive on this flop, even if it's ahead.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:27:58 AM by TightPaulFolds » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 01:04:02 AM »

I'm not that interested in shoving £100s about where I'm maybe a 56% favourite.

Getting 2-1 as a 56% fave and you don't like it? Take up a new game!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 01:29:54 AM »

Couldnt agree any more. So you might lose occasionally. Who gives a monkeys. Get ur money in ahead, deny drawing hands pot odds. Thats poker.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 01:42:34 AM »

Couldnt agree any more. So you might lose occasionally. Who gives a monkeys. Get ur money in ahead, deny drawing hands pot odds. Thats poker.

This also assumes they both call and are on separate draws.

TightPaulFolds

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 01:50:39 AM »

That's result orientated thinking if I have ever seen it

I believe the psychological term is 'representational bias'.
TightPaulFolds

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 02:00:23 AM »

Assume one of them has a made hand that beats KK, you raise the pot and they put you all in on that flop. Your move?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 02:09:27 AM »

Assume one of them has a made hand that beats KK, you raise the pot and they put you all in on that flop. Your move?

I'm not understanding that.

How can you assume they have a made hand that beats you? In that scenario you described, with the player moving in on you, does it not all come down to putting them on ranges, assessing the relative likelyhood of them holding each one, your chances against those holdings, and weighting it all together to get your chances of winning the pot. Then comparing it with the pot odds, and going from there.

Too much math for the table, but it goes down to feel.

On what basis are we assuming we must be beaten?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 02:11:06 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 02:12:01 AM »

Well i have made it £10 pre, called in 2 spots. The flop they both put £10 in so i am making it £70 to go, we started the hand with about £100 if i remember having committed £80 of my stack and seeing a £200 pot i might just find a call for my last £20.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: