blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:34:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  KK hand of champions
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: KK hand of champions  (Read 3349 times)
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:17:03 PM »

Cash game 6 handed live you on button. Blinds £1/£1

You £100
LooseTrickyAggressive to your right: £280, yoyo stack
Medium loose to his right. £150

Mediumloose UTG limp, LooseTricky limp, you look down see  , raise to £10. This is a big raise, the others both see you as tight. SB folds, BB folds, Mediumloose and Loosetricky call.
Flop   

Medium loose bets £10, Loosetricky calls.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:21:42 PM by TightPaulFolds » Logged
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 10:40:24 PM »

they already know you have an overpair probably. no point in raising here as they'll only call with whatever draws they have. i prefer to flat call and reassess on the turn. you haven't dedicated much to the pot and the flop is dangerous. if the turn isn't scary you can force them out.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:00:11 PM »

If the bet was bigger, say $20, I'd call and reassess on the turn. If a blank on the turn arrived, I'd min raise any bet up to 1/2 pot in size and check behind on river. If I faced a large turn bet then I'd fold.

In this case I'd raise the flop to $30, otherwise you're letting them drawing far too cheaply. If you're re-raised then I'd get out. Several factors involved in turn decision if you have a caller or two, but basically charge them pre-river, fold to too much aggression, and check river if you get that far.

TightPaulFolds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 11:18:20 PM »

Cheers. Bets are in £. I don't like playing the guy to my right, he's like no other player I know. Sometimes I wonder if he's a multimillionaire and he just plays to toy around with people, imagine the way you'd play $0.05-$0.10 NL $20 sit down. He will call a lot of bets with gutshots, and be VERY aggressive on open ended or nut flush draws, I was thrown by his flat call on this flop. The biggest factor in my decision here was playing a turn with him. If I get busy on a blank turn, and he's still on a straight draw, flush draw (or even worse) it is likely that he will reraise a protection bet because he just *loves* to gamble.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 11:44:53 PM »

Cheers. Bets are in £.

Yeah, force of habit using $, especially as I have a US keyboard with no £ sign! (Had to copy and paste that one Smiley )

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 02:57:22 AM »

You £100

Mediumloose UTG limp, LooseTricky limp, you look down see  , raise to £10. This is a big raise, the others both see you as tight. SB folds, BB folds, Mediumloose and Loosetricky call.
Flop   

What do you do?

I dont put them on a hand that beats you yet. I raise here to get HU and find out right now if im beat. Raise £20 more.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:18:51 PM »

they already know you have an overpair probably. no point in raising here as they'll only call with whatever draws they have.

Yeah couldn't agree more, no point building a big pot when you are ahead.......

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
TightPaulFolds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 05:14:30 PM »

You £100

Flop   

What do you do?

I dont put them on a hand that beats you yet. I raise here to get HU and find out right now if im beat. Raise £20 more.
I'm kind of liking this idea the most.
I did end up bailing, There was an all-in on the river, loosetricky had the straight flush against a nut flush. Loosetricky knew exactly what I folded, advised me that if I'd pushed on the flop he would have called it, and I believe him.
Thanks for the input. KK currently my unfavoured hand, hasn't worked out in a while.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 09:11:44 PM »

they already know you have an overpair probably. no point in raising here as they'll only call with whatever draws they have.

if you raise you're priced in on the turn.
TightPaulFolds

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:52 AM »

Quite, especially against this dude. Not like there aren't opportunities to hit straights and flushes which pay out easy when they hold KK. After all, all you have is a pair, no straight draw, no flush draw.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 01:30:58 AM »

I'm presuming RF isn't the only one being sarcastic here?

temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 02:06:00 AM »

if you raise here and mediumloose puts you all-in you have to call. correct?

mediumloose has bet 10 into a 30 pot. he knows you have a massive hand as he sees you as tight. he expects to be raised if he bets this percentage of the pot. does that not sound warning bells?

loosetricky has flat called. as he is tricky he may well be slow playing. correct?

you raise here to 30. they both call as they are loose. there would now be over twice your remaining stack back in the pot and would be forced in if they hit any of the cards they need on the turn. that is if you aren't already behind. which i admit isn't that likely but you know they're unlikely to have big cards due to the limping. basicaly i would rather just see the turn and work it out from there. you'll get far more information.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 03:35:10 AM »

mediumloose has bet 10 into a 30 pot. he knows you have a massive hand as he sees you as tight. he expects to be raised if he bets this percentage of the pot. does that not sound warning bells?

loosetricky has flat called. as he is tricky he may well be slow playing. correct?

you raise here to 30. they both call as they are loose. there would now be over twice your remaining stack back in the pot and would be forced in if they hit any of the cards they need on the turn. that is if you aren't already behind. which i admit isn't that likely but you know they're unlikely to have big cards due to the limping. basicaly i would rather just see the turn and work it out from there. you'll get far more information.

What information are you looking for?

Raising to 30 here is not a good play, calling is much better, a pot raise is more in order, basically ship it in.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 03:55:29 AM »

When i say raise on the flop, i say that with the knowledge that if specific scare cards hit on the turn, you are good enough to fold or shove depending on your read.
Lots of good opponents with say a str8 draw on the flop will simply call your bet knowing that if a str8ing/flushing card hits on the turn they can simply represent whatever draw arrives with a big bet.

My advice- play with a deeper stack, you get more options.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 05:35:01 AM »

What information are you looking for?

Raising to 30 here is not a good play, calling is much better, a pot raise is more in order, basically ship it in.

isn't it clear thats what i'm making out here?

information i want is if mediumloose bets again and trickyloose pushes i'd probably have to fold. unless the next card was a queen upwards.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: