blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Not sure how to approach this on the flop.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not sure how to approach this on the flop.....  (Read 1204 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:06:32 PM »

Should i just fold??? or maybe re push??? Im not a fan of just calling.

The info i have on Tiny7777 is that hes a big of LAG and could have pretty much anything.

***** Hand History for Game 5699056061 *****
$2/$4 NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, February 22, 09:56:04 ET 2007
Table Jackpot #1304207 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 2: blackfys ( $306 )
Seat 3: tiny7777 ( $383.10 )
Seat 4: gaberisgreat ( $178.10 )
Seat 6: LuckboxFan ( $179.70 )
Seat 1: Horneris ( $284.26 )
Seat 5: Krava11 ( $102.40 )
Krava11 posts small blind [$2].
LuckboxFan posts big blind [$4].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Horneris [  ]
Horneris raises [$16]
blackfys folds
tiny7777 calls [$16]
gaberisgreat folds
Krava11 folds
LuckboxFan folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]
Horneris bets [$28]
tiny7777 raises [$56]
Horneris: ?

Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »

That really is a close call, given the stacks and ur information on the opponent I would push, surely he would reraised more with a ten on that board? He knows you have raised preflop and could well have missed totally. I just can't think of a hand he has where that reraise on the flop would actually be a good move with though?
Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 03:44:55 PM »

You are oop and only you can make a judgement on the vilalin based on what you know. Tehre is not enough info here. With the betting pattern of an isolated hand, I would guess he has 2 overs and a draw. His raise will do a few things:

i) tell him if you are genuine and he can re-assess based oin your action
ii) take control of the pot and the size of the pot
iii) take a free river card to complete if you show resistance and check teh turn to him.

You ware likely to be facing another bet on the turn regardless, so it looks like push or pass for me. Personally I would pass, bcause 88 oop is not a hand that I want to do my stack on. If he is as loose and laggy as you suggest, then there will probably be better spots. I would also have probably only limped pre and just play no set no bet.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:53 PM »

Can we call and fire a 2/3 pot bet on the turn?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 04:08:54 PM »

He's trying to find out if you are continuation betting a big ace or have an overpair. Depending on villian its difficult but mostly a fold/ship scenario
Highstack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 04:15:58 PM »

You could fire a 2/3 pot bet at the turn, but by calling a lot of cards on the turn can be scary or may even actually put us behind. One over on the flop, if I am betting any more into this pot, I want it now, so rer-raise ... but UI still prefer a psss.

The pot is 150 (2+4+16+16+56+56) if called flop and therefore firing 100 at it means now 172 invested from a stack of 284.26. It wuld make laying it down more difficult with that much invested.

Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »

That really is a close call, given the stacks and ur information on the opponent I would push, surely he would reraised more with a ten on that board? He knows you have raised preflop and could well have missed totally. I just can't think of a hand he has where that reraise on the flop would actually be a good move with though?

Oops I obviosuly meant he would reraise more with a nine or overpair on this board, could it even be 77 or something he has. More likely to be overcard draw though, so calling has its merits if you want to dodge a danger card on the turn. The problem is there are just so many possibilities without a precise read. I'm still in favour of pushing I think more often than not you have this.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 10:18:54 PM »

Thanks for your replies Tragic, Highstack, Flushy.

I didnt want it go to to the turn because i felt it would make my decision even more difficult out of position.

I pushed all in and he called, so i figured id lost, and was stunned when he turned over the  , for 2nd pair, top kicker.

The reason i posted it though was because when evaluating my play afterwards  i thought id made the wrong move, so thanks for your advice.

Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »

Thanks for your replies Tragic, Highstack, Flushy.

I didnt want it go to to the turn because i felt it would make my decision even more difficult out of position.

I pushed all in and he called, so i figured id lost, and was stunned when he turned over the  , for 2nd pair, top kicker.

The reason i posted it though was because when evaluating my play afterwards  i thought id made the wrong move, so thanks for your advice.

Looks like the wrong move against the right opponent! Smiley Nice Pot.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: