blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:55:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Last nights Live Annoying Hand
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last nights Live Annoying Hand  (Read 2011 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2007, 03:34:18 PM »

Live hand from last night.

7 handed table, last 14 of fifty something tourney.  I have 9.3k in chips, blinds are 1200/600 and I'm in the small blind.  We haven't seen a flop for at least two rounds of the table, someone is always stealing the blinds.

All folds to one before button who calls.  A few hands ago he has commented that it would be nice to see a flop without a raise.  I have  and call from the SB, BB checks.  Flop comes  .

I bet 2500, the BB folds. The original caller raises me another 2500.  He has about the same chips as me.  I have 5600 left.

He's not been on the table long and I have no real read on him.  The call was quite strange as no one has just called for ages.  I'm a bit worried by this as am I worried about my 10 kicker.

What would you do?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:13:40 PM »

Live hand from last night.

7 handed table, last 14 of fifty something tourney.  I have 9.3k in chips, blinds are 1200/600 and I'm in the small blind.  We haven't seen a flop for at least two rounds of the table, someone is always stealing the blinds.

All folds to one before button who calls.  A few hands ago he has commented that it would be nice to see a flop without a raise.  I have  and call from the SB, BB checks.  Flop comes  .

I bet 2500, the BB folds. The original caller raises me another 2500.  He has about the same chips as me.  I have 5600 left.

He's not been on the table long and I have no real read on him.  The call was quite strange as no one has just called for ages.  I'm a bit worried by this as am I worried about my 10 kicker.

What would you do?

He could do this with AQ  as you only have a few chips left I would be half tempted to lump them in here. Let's face it..unless the 10 hits you'll still feel uncomfortable on the turn.
I assume you are about 9 places away from the money and don't get anything for a final table appearance.. I'd have to move in here.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 05:00:13 PM »

He could be raising thinking you're trying to steal but imo its not the kind of board where nobody has hit and the pot can be stolen 3 way.  He probs wouldnt have limped (with the speech) with a big hand so Id rule out big aces and big pairs.

He's also not making a big reraise to try to take you off, he either wants you in or thinks you're weak and is testing the waters with a small raise but imo his stack size suggests he has a something.  I think he has KQ or KJ but with the stack sizes its very hard to fold now, you've committed so much of your stack.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Bertpup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 05:21:54 PM »

I personally would have pushed in preflop. However this is a perfect flop for your hand at a stage when the blinds are short. He could have limped with absolutley anything in the hope of winning it cheap on the flop. He could be making this raise with any part of that board in terms of made hands or something like J10.

The times that you do win the hand you will have moved your stack to just shy of 20k in chips. Now you are in a real position to start throwing out alot of niggly 2600-3000 raises preflop stealing blinds and exploiting the bubble .
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:36:21 PM »

If he is raising with JT on the straight draw I think he would have went all in in the hope of forcing a fold.  If he has JT he doesnt want a call so why only min raise?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 08:29:16 PM »

I also favour the pre flop push here, pick up the limp.

When it comes to the flop why do you lead for 2500, what was the intention for your bet?

I think if i see the flop here i have a guy who has limped in LP, if its checked to him he will bet approx 97.3% of the time, so check to him, when he then bets you can Jam and you have built a bigger pot when on the balance of probabilities you stand to be ahead.

VOC
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:26:28 PM by Royal Flush » Logged

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »

There's not a chance in hell I put him on AQ or AK here I mean I know the guy wants to see a flop but with those blinds I raise and pray to God he puts me on a steal. The limp looks alot more weird, but I think you must bet out on this flop, again his raise is so odd, why not just jam. It's either some kind of weird psychological steal or he really does have a monster, shame the stacks are so small so you can't raise preflop with the idea of getting away from it if he goes all in. I would probably fold here because the whole way it plays gives me a bad feeling he has either AA KK or QQ, I guess KQ is also possible, to be honest I'm probably way off but I really don't like it he must put you on some sort of hand and I think he's telling u ur KT is beat.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 12:17:29 AM »

Once you bet 2500 of your 7.5k stack ur all in. If he has KQ/KJ thats fine, a ten is coming on the turn.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »

OK I played it terrible, like a weak ass I folded despite the lack of chips.  I really didn't know what to put him on and I regretted the fold as soon as I  did it.  I bet out 2.5k as an attempt to take the pot there and then.  Sadly, I was actually do ok before this hand and I just wasted most of my chips on it Sad

It's ok though, I've learnt from this hand and also from the hand last week with the pocket 9's and won't do it again.   I'm still new to live games and whilst it's still poker, it's certainly different to on the net.

Cheers for the input, I'll sort my game out Smiley

I made 10th in the end and got my money back.  The FT is 9 but usually the players agree to have 10 on the final table so I scraped in.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 12:31:14 AM »

OK I played it terrible, like a weak ass I folded despite the lack of chips.  I really didn't know what to put him on and I regretted the fold as soon as I  did it.  I bet out 2.5k as an attempt to take the pot there and then.  Sadly, I was actually do ok before this hand and I just wasted most of my chips on it Sad

It's ok though, I've learnt from this hand and also from the hand last week with the pocket 9's and won't do it again.   I'm still new to live games and whilst it's still poker, it's certainly different to on the net.

Cheers for the input, I'll sort my game out Smiley

I made 10th in the end and got my money back.  The FT is 9 but usually the players agree to have 10 on the final table so I scraped in.

Not a fan of putting urself down. Live, learn, improve ur play.
Its like when a big bluff doesnt work.............its not the wrong move, its long term image investment!
chin up.
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 10:14:37 PM »

I also favour the pre flop push here, pick up the limp.

When it comes to the flop why do you lead for 2500, what was the intention for your bet?

I think if i see the flop here i have a guy who has limped in LP, if its checked to him he will bet approx 97.3% of the time, so check to him, when he then bets you can Jam and you have built a bigger pot when on the balance of probabilities you stand to be ahead.

VOC

James - you can't use "approx" and then go to a decimal point you muppet. FFS!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 10:19:12 PM »

I think he was going for the gag.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 10:27:06 PM »

I think he was going for the gag.

Ahhh - soz...just didn't see humour and Flushy as bed partners.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 09:33:13 AM »

Gona have to disagree with people. I cant see a hand you beat after his re raise Graham.

Esp with no info on him. Clearly has you beat imo. KQ, KJ, maybe K 10 for the split.

I think theres about a 0% chance he has AQ.

But then im a weak ass too (live).

Probs wouldve just insta shipped it pre flop online.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:35:15 AM by Horneris » Logged

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 12:21:21 PM »

Gona have to disagree with people. I cant see a hand you beat after his re raise Graham.

Esp with no info on him. Clearly has you beat imo. KQ, KJ, maybe K 10 for the split.

I think theres about a 0% chance he has AQ.

But then im a weak ass too (live).

Probs wouldve just insta shipped it pre flop online.

Theres a fair few. But thats not the point. I cant come back from such a short stack. Once 33% of my stack goes in, the rest will have to be prized from my hard cold fingers............................
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: