blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:00:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 163567 times)
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 03, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »

Are they fighting at LHW?  I thought they were fighting at catchweight?  I got the impression Anderson Silva wouldnt be moving to LHW anyway.

If Griffin stomps Anderson Silva surely he will get the shot at Machida, depending on timing, before or after TUF10

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 03, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »

Are they fighting at LHW?  I thought they were fighting at catchweight?  I got the impression Anderson Silva wouldnt be moving to LHW anyway.

Yeah, it is definately at 205. Franklin/W.Silva is at 195, maybe that's what you're thinking of.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 03, 2009, 10:47:14 PM »

"Injury has forced David Haye to withdraw from his proposed heavyweight title clash with Wladimir Klitschko."

Blah
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 25, 2009, 11:36:49 AM »

boke, no more Affliction. Was going to be an awesome card next Saturday!
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 26, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »

Don't shoot me down here, but i honestly think Forrest has a chance of beating Anderson Silva.

Forrest never EVER gives up, his heart knows no limits
Anderson hasn'r been challenged for about 2 years now, his last few fights he has looked bored and pissed off, i think his lack of opponents could have slightly softened him.....and i stress the Could part

......Stand up Anderson and prove me wrong, but @ 11/4, ill take my chances with Forrest (He was this exact price when i backed him against Rampage too), could be a lucky price!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 29, 2009, 05:28:21 PM »

some fat dude teaching people how to fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4KKhHdGeg&feature=related
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 30, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »

By: Carmichael Dave
CBS Radio MMA Host
Twitter.com/Carmichaeldave

So we all know the deal with M-1 and what they are saying about co-promotion. I'm not here to say who's right and wrong in this deal, but I can tell you some of the specifics that were offered to Fedor.....

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 mil a fight

- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.

- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote.

I can tell you right now, the boys at ZUFFA will never, EVER agree to that. So if M-1 doesnt relent on that item alone, the Fedor to UFC talks are dead. Look for Team Emelianenko to turn to Strikeforce next. With co-promotions already in the books with Affliction, that shouldnt be a stopping point.

MF'ers

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:48:10 PM by byronkincaid » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 30, 2009, 02:10:51 PM »

fffffssssssss UFC needs Fedor

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 30, 2009, 02:15:10 PM »

murray was released for little bit in Morocco then they rearrested him and because they said they couldn't extradite him to Britain but the UK had already put in a request to have him tried over there if they failed so they nicked him soon after, would be the greatest comeback in mma!!!

(obv he couldnt fight in the u.k or us but he wouldve fought again over there if they could arrange it)
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 30, 2009, 11:14:03 PM »

CBS Radio MMA Host

So we all know the deal with M-1 and what they are saying about co-promotion. I'm not here to say who's right and wrong in this deal, but I can tell you some of the specifics that were offered to Fedor.....

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 mil a fight

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote.

I can tell you right now, the boys at ZUFFA will never, EVER agree to that. So if M-1 doesnt relent on that item alone, the Fedor to UFC talks are dead. Look for Team Emelianenko to turn to Strikeforce next. With co-promotions already in the books with Affliction, that shouldnt be a stopping point.

MF'ers

The £30M, M-1 Logo advertising and imediate Title shot should be enough FFS

What does this prick want!

He is running scared to come to UFC, Arlovski (Past champion who is now passed his best) had him beat until he made one small mistake!

He is scared to come here

creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 30, 2009, 11:58:00 PM »

M-1 Global is denying a report that Fedor Emelianenko turned down a six-fight $30-million deal this week to join the UFC’s heavyweight ranks.

CBS Radio host Carmichael Dave reported Wednesday that Emelianenko had turned down an agreement that would have paid him $5 million per fight. However, Joost Raimond, CEO for M-1 Global, called the report “completely ludicrous” and said negotiations never even reached the point where the number of fights contracted for Emelianenko was decided.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/m-1-fedor-not-offered-30-million-18816

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 31, 2009, 09:25:24 AM »

CBS Radio MMA Host

MF'ers

He is running scared to come to UFC, Arlovski (Past champion who is now passed his best) had him beat until he made one small mistake!

Not entirely sure Arlovski had him beat. Or that Arlovski is past his best just yet.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 31, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhxFjeBlYbY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.therealtsm.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D140.640&feature=player_embedded

part 2 the best imo nsfw ldo

Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 31, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »

CBS Radio MMA Host

MF'ers

Not entirely sure Arlovski had him beat. Or that Arlovski is past his best just yet.

He may not have had him beat at the time, but he was on his way or at least was closer than any other fighter ever has.

Arlovski was one of my Idol's during the early days of UFC (Him and Chuck Liddell), so ill be happier than most if he is hasn't reached his best yet, however if this was the case i think he would still be in the UFC.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 31, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »

I think Arlovski is done, he doesnt have a chin anymore

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: