blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:26:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  help please from a virgin analysis poster
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: help please from a virgin analysis poster  (Read 2418 times)
turny

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2007, 11:59:57 PM »

right here goes...

£50 double chance freezeout luton tonight. 8 handed table blinds 200/400

im in early position with 12,500 chips

i raiise to 1200 with   (yes i know my first mistake but was best hand i had seen for a while)

short stack moves in for 2400 total

folds to the big blind who umms and errs before calling the 2000 more leaving 11000 behind.

right opinions please on what you would do.

A. fold

b flatcall the 1200

c.reraise

d. reraise all in

hope all makes sense and thanks for comments in advance.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 12:15:49 AM »

puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush

Your only mistake is saying "its the best hand i have seen in a while" that has no relevance on your hand, other than it gives us a clue as to your table image, raising 66 here is fine.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:19:48 AM »

puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush

Your only mistake is saying "its the best hand i have seen in a while" that has no relevance on your hand, other than it gives us a clue as to your table image, raising 66 here is fine.

my table image during the rebuy period was pretty loose but after the break i had been fairly card dead so was folding alot. the guy on the big blind had mentioned actually just before this hand that id tightened up alot lol

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 09:15:52 AM »

I think this is a push as well. He prob has Raggy Ace.

What did you do? What did he have?
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 11:07:16 AM »

only one option for me and that was to push. get him out ang get heads up with the short stack with a nice value pot!

i pushed 10k more to him he took eternity before a clock was called on him, he then announced "i probably shouldnt but im gonna call"

he turned KQ and the rest as they say is history. he even rivered 2 pair to beat the shortstacks AJ and take the whole pot to.........grrr

if i had originally limped i can understand his move but seeing as im the original raiser i could easily have AA KK AK AQ and have him dominated.

an amazing call in my opinion

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:57:14 AM »

I was sitting on ITB's left when this happened

I didn't think there was anything wrong with just calling the shortstacks allin and the subsequent flat call of that and then checking it down if necessary. This was entirely player dependent. The guy thought for ages about calling the 2000 more and once he had done so he was not the player to want to fold...v fishy and didn't like being pushed around...

then when you pushed (fine to most players) you gave him massive clues that your hand was not a monster that he clearly picked up on...your body language screamed unease

Well to me it did, in fact when you made your initial raise and the shortie went all in I turned to you and said "well you will have to call that" as I could read that you didn't have AA/KK/AK/QQ/JJ from the difference in your speech pattern from previous raise with AA. Ha, teling you my secrets now!!

and he knew that you might be picking up on the age he took to flat call the all-in by pushing. There may even have been some speechplay between the two of you to this effect

Clearly you were extremely unlucky to get a call though. Once you did, and you had to avoid four overcards for main pot and two for the much bigger sidepot I think we both knew you were doomed.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 02:56:28 PM »

definetly knew i was doomed lol!!!

thanks for the input tighty much appreciated.

cant agree with flat calling and checking down though, never in a million years. if i flat call whatever the flop im not gonna know where i am unless i hit a set.

all he has to do is bet the flop then and i have to fold by raising all in i can elimoinate him out the pot (that was the thinking lol)

i agree my body language wasnt great in this instant.

why flat call and check  down with 50 players left? this i cant understand. on a final table in money positions yes but with 50 left???
maybe im wrong again here but i want to win the tournament not eliminate players by checking down.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 03:06:07 PM »

I'm not disagreeing with the push ingeneral, just that I felt it was higher risk against this particluar player

Having seen it play out you were v v unlucky to get a call, but you gave him all the ammunition he needed to do so

My eyes are open wide
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 03:28:19 PM »

I'm not disagreeing with the push ingeneral, just that I felt it was higher risk against this particluar player

Having seen it play out you were v v unlucky to get a call, but you gave him all the ammunition he needed to do so

did he use the chips wisely after i left richard?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »

the table broke soon thereafter, I ran JJJ into KKK and I left

the fella did though finish 7th in the GUKPT Bolton comp though...must have made some good calls there too!!

My eyes are open wide
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »

the table broke soon thereafter, I ran JJJ into KKK and I left

the fella did though finish 7th in the GUKPT Bolton comp though...must have made some good calls there too!!

lol it was Ray?

Magic.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 07:17:42 PM »

he was poor from what i see but maybe im just sour grapes lol

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 08:05:48 PM »

One of the worst players i have ever played.

I had a bet at evens that he wouldnt make it 2.5hrs in Walsall, he was out in 1hr40.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 05:33:56 AM »

I had a bet at evens that he wouldnt make it 2.5hrs in Walsall, he was out in 1hr40.

Doesnt like being pushed about and can play v.loose on occasion. BUT can play vv.good poker with the best of them. Iv seen this guy make great laydowns and great bluffs/bets. Labelling the guy a mug isnt just rude, its wrong.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 05:54:54 AM »

Doesnt like being pushed about and can play v.loose on occasion. BUT can play vv.good poker with the best of them. Iv seen this guy make great laydowns and great bluffs/bets. Labelling the guy a mug isnt just rude, its wrong.

If we are talking about the same guy....Ray

He is in no way a good player, i spent about 5hrs on his table in Bolton and some time talking to him off table, he showed very little understanding of the game both when playing and talking.

Anyone who can call 35k into a 15k pot with AJ on a 552 flop is clearly missing a trick or 2.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: