blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 1B - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 1B - At A Glance  (Read 11671 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 10:42:37 PM »

Nick Slade       51,000
Rick Wildman   19,300
Vicky Coren     21,750
Alexander Stevic  25,500
Tony Chessa      11,400
Sebastian Riviere  43,000
Casey Kastle       60,000
Julian Gardner    33,000

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »

you have some chipcounts for glenne and kirderf??

Kirderf -- 23,475

Glenne -- 31,225

Ash Hussain -- 21,325

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 10:56:21 PM »

Ash won a nice pot off Bengt Sonnert, his 6k bet with on a board being called by Bengt Sonnert. That hand put Ash up to 19,100, Bengt down (if you can believe that) to 43,575. Meanwhile, WPT and WSOP bracelet winner John Gale dressed in his best Clingon outfit with a sad and lonely 5,725.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 10:57:08 PM »

EPT Dortmund winner Andreas Hoivold went OUT late last night, apparently on the penultimate hand of the night. My source for this is highly trusted so I have do reason to doubt his authenticity, plus his initials may be A and H.

Forgot to mention that Vanessa Rousso went out earlier, according to another updater, she was spotted telling someone that she wasn't going to tell them her bad beat story...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 11:12:31 PM »

Any news on Badgirl - has her table broken and how are her chips?

She has 20k, and has described her table as 'crazy' and 'sick', I think she's referring mostly to uber-maniac Dane Frederik Holstrup, who I can vouch for, plays like a madman.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 11:16:08 PM »

Blinds are about to be 150/300 with a 25 ante.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 11:31:52 PM »

Any news on Badgirl - has her table broken and how are her chips?

She has 20k, and has described her table as 'crazy' and 'sick', I think she's referring mostly to uber-maniac Dane Frederik Holstrup, who I can vouch for, plays like a madman.

Fredrik has been getting involved with US player Casey Kastle in some pretty dramatic pots recently.  Both pictured here (Casey on Bad Girl's left, Fredrik in the DUFFER hoodie), the first one went to Kastle - Fredrik apparently bet all the way (flop, turn and chunky river) until the board was 5-5-Q-7-4.  I would hazard a guess that the fives arrived on the turn and river...anyway, Kastle eventually called with 9-7 and his pair was good against the crazy Dane's A-K.  Julian was standing nearby and related this hand, and was so surprised by the American's calls that he would have fallen off his chair, if he'd been sitting on one.  "I thought he was super tight," he mused...

Then a couple of hands later, and Bad Girl limped on the small blind, Casey raised from the big blind, and Hostrup called.  The flop came (OK I made the rank of the ones that aren't spades up, but that's strictly irrelevant).  Casey must have bet, but the raise was an insta-all-in from Fredrik - 25k+.  A full dwell (nearing the five minute point) before Casey passed (Bad Girl said an Ace) and Fredrik Hostrup showed:  two spades

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 11:37:29 PM »

It's my turn for a break, which will involve taking advantage of the room service and the mini bar er... other stuff.

But before I go, here are a few chip counts from some of the names mentioned over this thread:

Ash Hussain -- 16,825
Isabelle Mercier -- 5,350
Keith Hawkins -- 32,850
Ali Masterman -- 34,125
Andy Black -- 83,000
Xuyen Pham -- 21,700
Rory Matthews -- 2,500 (although his seat was empty on the way back so it looks like he's gone)
Sverre Sundbo -- 2,475
Joey Ladylove -- 11,450
Bjorn Erik Glenne -- 24,825
Iwan Jones -- 8,500
Chad Brown -- 123,025
Mickey Wernick -- 39,400
Adam Junglen (sp?) -- 50,400
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 11:40:45 PM »

chipcounts on sverre sundbø and thor hansen please?
Thx for great updates.. You are doing a very good job.

Thor has 6,275 so he'll need to start picking up the pace in 'lightning' speed. (Hahaha, you see what I did there?)

Sverre has just over 5k having just doubled up, he pushed with 5-6 suited and Mel Judah called with A-J but the Norwegian flopped a six.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2007, 12:21:20 AM »

Are Bansi and Kerrigan still table mates?

updates on these 2 please?

Jen is on her way now.

Yes, they're still tablemates, facing each other from the opposite ends of the table... got there just in time to see a very odd hand give Jim Kerrigan a bit of a present:

Jim raised preflop and must have been re-raised from the big blind (that's the only way I imagine there was around 10k in there by the time the flop strangeness happened).  So, heads up they see Two Clubs .  Big blind checks, Jim bets 3,500 and the big blind min-check-raises (Jerome standing behind me on the rail - out, details forthcoming - said, "I hate that.")  Jim wasn't loving it either, clearly, and slowly counted out his remaining 9,5k or so before deliberately pushing them over the betting line in a resigned sort of way.  There was a remarkably quick call, considering what was about to be shown down:
Jim showed: 
Big Blind showed: 
Turn and river:  Two Diamonds
And a double up which made Praz almost lose the plot, "There's Jim thinking he's against a set and the guy shows A-J.  I've been grinding all day - it's hard work, and this happens to him."  Pause.  "Well done, Jim," said in a tone so flat you could measure door frames with it.

Jim Kerrigan     34k
Praz Bansi        20k

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 12:35:08 AM »

DTD Chip Count:

Richard Ashby -- 25k
Mikka -- 8.6k
Michael Greco -- 22k
Michael Murphy -- 6k
Kirderf -- 29k

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 12:35:11 AM »

Ripple11      40k
Andy Black   85k
Roy Brindley  42,200
Osman Mustanoglu  11,300

Jerome Bradpiece was moping (moderately) around Praz' table just now. "Boo!," he said, eloquently, "I lost a race."  He'd been short for a while and in one of those spots where aggressive people were always making the raises in front of him, doing things like passing Deuces to a raise on the button which would have given him a house, a double up and a playable stack.  Frustrating, perhaps...anyway he found Sevens and the button raised, as they so often do, with a caller from a big stack.  Jerome went for it - and he got the first guy racing him with A-Q.   It hit (or this story would have started with Jerome saying, "Yeah!") and he's in that recently-eliminated down zone before he realises he's in Monte Carlo and can just go to the beach.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 12:44:29 AM by Djinn » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 01:20:09 AM »

Adam Junglen...

It's funny you should mention his name, because he's just been involved, in probably the most fascinating pot I'm likely to see in this tournament, trust me...

Patrick Antonius makes it 1k from the button. Adam makes it 3.2k from the small blind and Antonius makes it 9k. Adam calls.

Flop:

two spades

Adam checks, Patrick moves in for 34.5k. The break has just happened, but a crowd is developing around the table as only the two players remain seated. Adam keeps staring intently at Patrick, checking his chips, it'll cost most of his stack to call. Patrick sits impassively. Finally, eyes still focused on Patrick, Adam pushes the 34.5k into the pot, and Patrick visibly loses the colour out of his face as he flips over three clubs . Adam turns over first the , then....the ! Everyone including Patrick manages a double take. I hear people shocked, yet still somehow impressed at the call.

Turn:

River:

A 90k pot goes to Vegas based Scandie, there's not even a collective groan or sigh from the audience, people are still transfixed at the action.

Adam briefly, yet without a shred of regret in his voice explains, "His range for 3-betting preflop is so wide...When I called the 6k extra I was trapping." He seems remarkably composed for someone who has just lost such a big pot, "I don't care, I've played 10k comps before, his move in was a scared bet, I'd have probably called with King high."

And although that may sound arrogant to people, I could completely believe him.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2007, 01:50:29 AM »

Blue Square Bolton GUKPT winner, Praz Bansi, is OUT.

My head's a bit mangled and overloaded with poker, so I apologise if this is slightly off, but the gist is that Praz got his chips in with 9-6 on a K-9-4-x (2 spades) board was beaten by Ace high which I believe hit a flush on the River.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 01:59:33 AM »

Other counts from mid-way through the final level of the day:

Joe Beevers (pictured)  65,000
Rick Wild           37,000
Patrik Antonius   77,000
Isabelle Mercier   12,100
Keith Hawkins     26,500
Ram Vaswani      32,000
Arnaud Mattern   24,000
Devilfish              16,000
Des Jonas           12,700
William Thorsson  50,000
Osman Mustanoglu   OUT  (saw only the winning hand - with a nine on the board - sorry no more information)
Tony Bloom           OUT

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: