blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 13415 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 04:27:12 PM »

Some chip counts that have requested over the course of this thread:

Chris Smith -- 50.5k
Richard Wild -- 59k
Ali Masterman -- 39.5k
Richard Herbert -- 38k
Luke Staudenmaer -- 44.5k
Chris Odle -- 26.5k
Shane Schleger -- 33.5k
Mickey Wernick -- 22k
Andy Black -- 155k
Stuart Fox -- 27k
Nicolas Levi -- 39k
Arnaud Mattern -- 33k
David Barriclough -- 27k
Peter Linton -- 9k
Xuyen Vladar -- 85k
Richard Waters -- 45k
Julian Gardner -- 49k
John Gale -- 18.5k
Ben Callinan -- 41.5k
Phil Helllmuth -- 43k
Alan Smurfit -- 55.5k
Dean Sanders -- 33k
Tony Cascarino -- 12.5k
Jim Kerrigan -- 15.5k
Ram Vaswani -- 66.5k
Devilfish -- 35k
Harry Demetriou -- 102k
Johnny Lodden -- 77k
Tomas Brolin -- 12k
Thomas Wahlroos -- 82k
Ricky Nielsen -- 35.5k
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 04:31:43 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 04:46:50 PM »

We're on a 15 minute break now, after which blinds with be 600/1200 with a 100 ante.

Ok, I found Jonathan McCann, he has 35k at the moment.

This picture, I think, is Paul Murrell, please tell me if that's right, since his original table has been broken. He has about 20k

Nick Slade told a sick story about the boy Lodden, Johnny raised a guy's 5k bet on a A-T-9 flop to 16k, before flat calling his 16k on the 2 turn (presumably to bluff the river, (there was a flush draw on the flop). The river came of course, a 4... and he was paid off to the sum of 26k.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 04:50:28 PM »

Dean Sanders has had a bit of a rough last level - firstly limping with under the gun, and getting three others in for the flop.
Two Diamonds three clubs   Dean bet out 2,500, got raised to 6,000, made it 11k...the third raise all-in, however, Dean couldn't call, and was shown the monstrous .

Now admittedly, "Tilting a bit," Dean called preflop the next hand in the big blind with .  I think what he was calling was an utg raise...never mind - the flop came down .  Check from Dean, check from raiser.
Turn:  two hearts  Check from Dean, 7k from raiser, "Then I just jam for 24k."  He got a call from , but a third heart on the river made that nine-high flush draw good, and propelled him to 50k.

I think it's good he just got a 15 min break.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 04:56:08 PM »

Dave 'El Scoopie' Colclough has come in giving me just so much news, which a blogger could only get if he'd was watching the same table for the entire level, so we're all incredibly grateful to him.

Anyway, he says Andy Black knocked out both Chris Moneymaker early on and Barry Greenstein. The betting for the latter was interesting, Andy made it 3.5k from EP with A-A, Barry made it 10k with A-K, Andy moved all-in and Barry called all-in for his last 35k with Big Slick. (Not too sure I like that play)

Barry and Chris have been replaced by Carlos Mortensen and Richard Ashby, and Dave said he thinks, "the table actually got harder."

Dave started the level with about 28k, saw a Carlos Mortensen raise first hand, and then the button pushing, Dave ended up passing A-K from the big blind, though he came very close to calling. He then managed to get blinded down from 29k to 18k without winning or playing a pot before seeing Carlos raise again, the guy who had pushed before, flat-called this time, and Dave pushed with A-K, Carlos passed and Seat 6, lets call him Mateyboy, called with A-Q. Dave on 40k now.

Expect more stuff from Dave, I've given him a pen and paper! Cheesy

Carlos Mortensen -- 200k

Andy Black (who continues to prove that I can't take a photo of him that doesn't make him look drunk) -- 160k

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 05:09:08 PM »

Katja Thater is down to the bare minimum (just 5k) after being outdraw by a man who should be Gregory Byard if the player list is correct.

Byard moved in from the button with and Katja called with .

Board = three clubs

----------------

John Gale is OUT.

He seems like the type who doesn't want to go over it, but he did let me know that it was nothing dramatic.

-----------------

DTD's Dave Clayton -- 51,000

-----------------

For some reason, every single player at this table was standing up except for the man with a decision to make, Pier Ruscalla. Pier had raised it from the button, only for Herman Zango (gotta love that name!) to move all-in for around 24k more. After a very long pause indeed, Pier finally confessed that he was "curious" (which is basically to avoid embarrassment overload if he is indeed dominated) and called.

"I think we have the same hand," said Zango, but Pier replied with "I doubt it" as he revealed his lowly Pocket Fours.

Zango popped Ace Queen onto the table and gave the table a mini bang once the board dealt him a Queen on the Flop.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 05:19:08 PM »

Bruno Fitoussi     52k
Thomas Wahlroos   87k
Michael Martin     104k (if we've identified him right)
Joe Beevers         72k
Ram Vaswani         88k
Stuart Fox            35k

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 05:29:26 PM »

Phil Helmuth is OUT, Kings against Aces, with an extra bullet on the flop (which had flush potential for Hellmuth) for good measure.

Aces were held by Dean Sanders (now on over 100k).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 05:45:42 PM by Djinn » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 05:43:40 PM »

Dave Colclough is OUT

His table got broken just now, "I finally got away from Andy Black..." and he was moved to the Greg Raymer/Ram Vaswani table.
"I wasn't so much worried about Greg, but Ram has taken me out of four comps recently."  I could see where this was heading.

Dave found on the big blind.  Ram had raised.  So, no messing, with 35k, Dave pushed in.  Call from Ram, who held ...

A quick end to a very determined couple of days' play from El Blondie, and we will miss his table-eye view of the big hands.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 05:46:27 PM »

Geaorge 'The Panzer' Danzer has doubled up to 63k after surviving a coinflip with 8-8 vs. A-9.

DTD's Richard Ashby has also come up trumps, doubling through with A-6 vs. K-Q on an A-3-6-K-Q board. He's now on 31k.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 05:59:30 PM »

Welcome to the 100k+ club...

Chad Brown -- 228k
Christopher Ulsrud -- 211k
Carlos Mortensen -- 193k
Maurice Kaenter -- 187k
And Black -- 163k
Dean Sanders -- 155k
Peter Dalhussen -- 144k
Hans Rutlig -- 144k
Laakalite -- 139k
Mateyboy -- 137k
Josh Arieh -- 131k
Frenchieboy -- 121k
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »

I think Pete Linton is OUT, his distinctive yellow top is nowhere to be found, that, and Greg Raymer is in his seat.

Josh Arieh -- 200k

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 06:07:21 PM »

Joe Rafferty is OUT after his Pocket Queens lost out to a flopped flush draw on a Jack high Flop.

Arnaud Mattern is on 35k. Nicolas Levi, however, is OUT, after taking a gamble with 4-3 vs. a domineering pair of sixes.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 06:17:29 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »

hi you lot ,srry is peter linton still in .

No, he lost a load of chips with 7-7 against A-Q, and A-K against K-Q before losing with A-Q to K-6.

Ramzi Jelassi is also out, A-7 vs Andy Black's K-Q on a 3-5-K-2-6 board.

DTD's Mikka is OUT too, she re-raised all-in with A-K and didn't get any help against a pair of Threes.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 06:19:54 PM »

Michael Martin     105,000 (steady as can be)
Rick Wild              75,000
Chris Smith          27,100  (how about that for accuracy?)

One Hour Dinner Break announced.  Chaos ensues in the hallway, where the side event wannabes are stacked to the rafters around a one-cashier bottleneck.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 06:32:19 PM »

Hi jen/snoopy,
please can you try find out how nik persaud is doing? thanks
india

Hi India -

Oh I have some stories about him - today has been a rollercoaster (is it ever a smooth climb?  No.):  over 30k, under 10k coming to rest about 25k... but the note I can read my writing on was actually from yesterday, where he was basically given a second life...

OK so Nik had 36k (at one of his peaks) at the 200/400 blind level.  UTG (described as 'Scandie, aggressive, good, aggressive etc.') raised to 1,100 and Nik decided to smooth call from the blinds with .
Flop:  two hearts   Nik bets out 2k, gets raised to 5,500.  "This is where I start to feel a bit ill.  But I call."
Turn:  two spades  Nik checks, Scandieboy bets 12,500 - full pot - leaving Nik to dwell until the clock is called.

Now, in the first version of events I heard, he used up a full five minutes before passing the Queens and being shown Kings.  Good pass Nik.

What actually happened was that the floor was called to put the clock on him, and he sort of waved his hand around when the clock rules were being recited.  The floor shut up until he started to count down from 10..9..8.. During this time, Nik said, "I didn't put him on Aces or Kings because he'd always re-raised preflop with hands like that, been playing with him seven hours, that's an oddly large bet for someone with a huge made hand..." 
"Seven...Six...Five...Four," said the floor.  Nik didn't snap out of it until the floor said, "One." 
"All in," said Nik, pushing his stack over the line.
"If you'd listened to the rules," replied the floor, "You'd have known that your hand is declared dead on 'One.'"

THEN he got to show QQ and be shown KK in return.  What a save.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: