blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 4 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 4 - Interactive  (Read 46654 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 01, 2007, 11:07:41 PM »

How lucky is Carlos Mortensen? *shakes head*

For anyone not currently streaming - Carlos Mortensen just had his tournament on the line with , all-in preflop against (Kristian Kjondal).
The Ace waited to the river to come (at which point the Spanish press went bananas in here) but to be honest it was a straight race when the money went in.

mel0dy_am

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 01, 2007, 11:11:55 PM »

also nof note djinn is the flop was all hearts... carlos had only 4 outs on the river
HornswaggleU

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 01, 2007, 11:14:30 PM »

Not Particularly, he won a 50-50.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 01, 2007, 11:14:53 PM »

also nof note djinn is the flop was all hearts... carlos had only 4 outs on the river

Yes, but when the money's all in preflop, you might as well just pick five random cards from the remainder of the deck and flip them all over at the same time.  Effectively, the order is irrelevant as all action has already been completed.  But yes, it must suck to lose to what has become such a longshot on the river.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »

Not Particularly, he won a 50-50.
Only 4 outs on the river though...thats what I meant by lucky.
mel0dy_am

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2007, 11:17:04 PM »

Yes, but when the money's all in preflop, you might as well just pick five random cards from the remainder of the deck and flip them all over at the same time.  Effectively, the order is irrelevant as all action has already been completed.  But yes, it must suck to lose to what has become such a longshot on the river.

well, yes, knew that, i just felt the need to help & add thats why the spanish media exploded...  =)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2007, 11:17:16 PM »

Yeah, PokerKong_1 on Laddies too, great cash player at the highest levels and a nice bloke too. Fearless, which at this stage could come in handy

Aha - all makes sense now. If he's there, then it most be someone else playing his account on Lads. I was tad surprised to play 'him' over the last few days at $2/$4 and $5/$10...
The Kid

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 01, 2007, 11:21:10 PM »

Come on Rambo!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 01, 2007, 11:25:07 PM »

Gavin Griffin makes it 60k and Eric pushes for 200k more, Gavin passes the , Eric shows Queens.

A few hands later, Alex Kim makes it 60k from UTG, Gavin calls on the button, Marc makes it 200k from the small blind, Eric passes. Alex moves in, Gavin passes and Marc calls, saying "Please have Queens!" as he flips over . Alex shows . The usual hubub starts and Alex just has Marc covered.

Board:

three clubs Two Diamonds

This leaves Alex with 52k and he's BB so the 30k extra goes in the next hand of against small blind Eric's two hearts

Board:

Still very short, Snoopy is ready like a vulture....

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 01, 2007, 11:26:27 PM »

Andy Black and Steve Jelinek's cards are on their backs on the TV table a minute ago - A-Q vs. A-Q. 

It's really hard to tell counts from 25 feet away or from the TV screen, but the stacks have been altered quite drastically.

Oh, it's a 15 minute break.  Time to go renew my friendship with the nice TV lady who also happens to have a clipboard of the current chip counts on it...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: April 01, 2007, 11:38:16 PM »

We're now on the 15 minute break, but the last several hands on Table Ram made for highly intriguing viewing for little ol' me at ringside.

There's definitely a contrast in strategies - whilst Gavin Griffin has decided to sit on his stack and wait for Ram or Kim to depart, the aggressor of the table is Marc Karam, who is clearly trying to take advantage of Gavin's approach over these last several hands by bullying the smaller stacks. However, although Kim and Van Der Berg (the latter in particular) are playing patient poker, Ram Vaswani is quite happy to shovel it all in, whether Kim is down to the wire or not, and this was on full display when he re-raised Mark Karam's 60k bet all-in for 462k. Laid back with the Top Gun shades, Ram twitched his foot underneath the table, but above was as a cool as a cucumber, seemingly giving off no signs of a tell.

The very next hand, these two locked horns once again (I swear, Karam is either going to remove or double up Ram at some stage within the next 20 minutes), only for Karam to return the favour, moving all-in to Ram's 40k bet (Ram had limped on the button) on a two spades Flop. As is the way with this table, no amateur dramatics and Ram folded instantly, with no real sign of remorse. Simply an 'okay, you got me, next hand' kind of attitude which is a joy to watch and perfect for the flow of the game.

Then, with recent double-upper (but still very short) Alex Kim allowing himself to land on the big blind with just 70k and blinds of 10k and 20k, he decides to take a gamble with after Karam had made an inevitable button raise with .

Of course, Karam called the extra shrapnel in a jiffy, but was chagrined and understandably frustrated to see his opponent make trip Nines on a Flop. "Queen," demands Kim in a reverse psychology (or Gusology) moment. But, with Karam looking on quietly, although anxiously out of his seat, no Nine or miracle runner runner arrives with the Turn bringing a 2 of spades and the River a harmless 5 of clubs.

"Alex is up to 200k," adds Big TK, and after Gavin Griffin takes the small blind away from Ram with a 60k bet from the big, the dum dum sounded and we moved into the 15 minute break.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 11:40:44 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: April 01, 2007, 11:42:33 PM »

This is the final I'd like to see...

Kristian Kjondal
Steve Jelinek
Carlos Mortensen
Gavin Griffin
Ram Vaswani
Andy Black
Marc Karam
Eric Van Der Berg

Hey, I don't normally quote myself, but I reckon my wish of the above line-up could well be on the cards, especially if Ram finds another double-up.
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 01, 2007, 11:43:05 PM »

Any news from the side event? how many left?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: April 02, 2007, 12:01:30 AM »

Any news from the side event? how many left?

sry m8, owuld love to cover both but...

we'd die.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 02, 2007, 12:05:14 AM »

Strummer (right) and T8MML drowning sorrows....move over Mr Cool

Is there supposed to be a pic with this Jeff?

Speaking of Jeff and Tim....Here they are with Jen.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: