blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:26:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  The Coral-Gutshot Main Event - Final Day
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Coral-Gutshot Main Event - Final Day  (Read 38486 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2005, 01:48:39 PM »

OK, we have started a new thread for this, & we will do a little mini-review before the fun & games begin at 3pm.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 02:17:51 PM »

Hmm, I just finished the Preview of today's play, quite pleased with it, "painted little pictures" of the main players, then lost the ****** lot....

OK, start again. Sigh......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 02:28:29 PM »

sack him

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Foxy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 02:31:54 PM »

Wink hey tikay im back in brum, good luck to Thewy, and Ben Grundy who I was on the same table with last night he is a very good player and made some great bluffs and showed them checky git Grin gl boys Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 02:37:50 PM »

Well our Chip Leader is a guy called Dave Shallow. Not a familiar face on the circuit, but makes a good living playing online, & is a genuine contender. He played the WSOP last year, but his stock in trade is internet play. Got a dream double up yesterday with AK v AQ, very nice!

Then we have William Hill's Julian Thew, who don't need much by way of introduction. We are in the same hotel (but not room, he snores for England...) - we drove down together in fact - & we had a good chat this morning about how he intends to play today. He has been, by his standards, quiet since January, when he cleared 50k+ at Luton & Copenhagen. He has made a few tinsy winsy changes to his game to improve it - heaven help the rest of us - and is VERY focused. He ain't interested in second, either, he's here to win this thing.

Ben Grundy sat fairly quietly most of yesterday, then doubled up late via AK v KQ, now THATS form, eh? AK v KQ, how nice is that? So he is in great shape now, but I fancy he won't be "grinding" today, as he was forced to do in Monte Carlo. When Ben has chips, he "plays", so look out for a strong showing from the diminutive Ben.

And Mick "The Clock" Cook. Mick can give the impression at the table that he is stand-offish, but that's not the case at all. He just sits there, hardly says a word, "economical with words", seems bored in fact, but his eyes are everywhere, & not much goes off that he don't spot. He was cruising along yesterday with about 10k, just solid, sensible play, when he suddenly trebled up. I had bluffed off most of my stack, & was down to the felt with 2k, but scrabbled back to 5k, when I got a bit over-optimistic with 5-5. Geezer behind me comes in with A-9, then Micky joins the party with KK. You just can't get these guys to lay down KK, can you, wassamatter with them? The A did fall, but Micky hit his set, bingo, treble up.So Micky then settled back into watching & waiting. He has never slow-rolled or given a  rubdown in his life, & is a steely old pro. He has more experience than all the rest put together, & he'll need to get unlucky not to go close today. He has won oodles of big comps, though he's probably more of an Omaha man than Hold 'Em, but watch out for Mick today.

More soon......

Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 02:39:42 PM »

Hi mate....pass my good wishes to Julian for me please. What a great play he made last night with 5.6....  It was nearly as good as the J2.....
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

Rokesh Chablani is an interesting character. He has 22k. He's Operations Manager for VC Poker - wow, he'd LOVe to win the Coral Comp, eh?! Nice guy, too, introduced himself to me this morning, & is a good buddy of Jon Shoreman who, I understand, suggested Rokesh come & say Hi to me. Lovely guy, but I don't know anything about his game.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 02:52:38 PM »

Irish Denis.

It was 6-4, not 6-5, that Thewy made his play with yesterday. And it was  Q-2, not J-2, that he got so lucky against me with in the cash game. You seem to have a very poor grasp of the game Denis - what on earth would Julian be doing in the pot with 6-5 or J-2?

Any more of this & you'll be yellow-carded.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 03:00:28 PM »

Play is due to start in 5 mins, & all the players are nervously pacing around, but nobody is sat down yet. The chips are all stacked on the two tables. I will try & see what the new table draw is in a bit.

OK, the "take your seats" call has just been made.....

simonow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 03:06:16 PM »

hi tony give my regards to jules tell to kick ass wish him all the best for today see you guys in luton
simon nowab

check out www.dtdpoker.com for a chance to tour with DTD crew
Irishdenis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 03:07:53 PM »

You see Tikay you have failed to notice my recovery method. When you experience situations of such magnitude sometimes the only cure is to erase it from your memory. I seem to be able to do this by making small changes to the cards each time I think of them. Eventually I will have a vision of you with AA and that rogue Julian getting very lucky..(as opposed to outplaying you)....You on the other hand seem to be one of the unlucky ones. With your perfect memory you will remain traumatised for life. The future is not good and you could some day end up wearing one of those nice back to front jackets, surrounded by Jack the ripper types.
Now say after me "I shall not play 10.2...J.2...Q.2 or any other combination again.

Denis Huh?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 03:10:35 PM »

Wow, man out first hand! Short stacked Mike (Tse?) got it in with 55 & was done over by A-9. Fancy moving in with 55, eh? (Ahem....).

They have announced that everyone who came back today (well, 11th to 20th) will get 200, taken off the top & second prize I believe.

kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 03:17:09 PM »

Hi Tikay, please wish Dave 'Dubai Millennium' Shallow and that young Mancunian Rob 'King Of Filth' Sherwood all the very best from their fellow Betfairer kpnuts Cheesy

@kpnuts134
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005, 03:17:56 PM »

The table draw?

Of the 4 deep stacks, three have ended up on one table. Mick Cook, Ben Grundy, & Dave Swallow are all eyeing each other warily.

The other one has drawn the table full of Billy Low Stacks. That Thewy is soooo lucky, eh? I pray for those poor Low Stacks if Yoyo starts ducking & diving.
He promised me he would sit quiet for the first few hours today. He just got caught nicking & had to let his hand go after trying to steal it with a 10k bet. Some notice he takes of MY advice, eh?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2005, 03:29:03 PM »

Another man gone, Paul Murrell. Paul had 4-4, Mick Cook had AA.

Dave Shallow lost some 25k when his AJ was outpipped by Mick Dunleavy's AQ. Dunleavy doubled up.

Thewy down to 40k, he just caught a guy at it, Matey Boy had 3-7 & moved in, Thewy read him for weak & called with A-J, first card 3......

Ben Grundy just lost a "race" with JJ v AK & has taken a hit too.

So of the 4 chip leaders, 3 have run into strong head winds, whilst Micky Cook is sailing serenely onwards with a following wind.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: