blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:04:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Warning: disgusting bad beat
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warning: disgusting bad beat  (Read 2887 times)
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 05:51:52 PM »

Big Toms, dont know why you are getting so annoed with johnbhoy.

This is a board for analysis of hands not to show how much of a donk someone is and therefore people have analysed your hand. In fact including myself there have been 3 other people who have posted here, agreeing with the analysis johnbhoy stated. Call the guy with K8 a donk but what if he had K6, A6, 56 or 76 suited, a possibility as in late position they are getting a nice price to come in and hit their draws. Would you have considered yourself to have played the hand right then with the all in push after the flop.
There is no flush draw, and if you go in for $1820 no body is calling you with a four here and even someone with JJ or QQ is going to put some serious thought into folding after your early position 4xBB raise so in all likelyhood the only caller will be with a 6 or 44, with you being the dog.
I would have preferred to have a pot sized raise to see where i stand myself.

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 09:10:36 PM »

never, never tell the fish thay played badly.

johnbhoy is right here.  no point to get annoyed. Everyone at the table probably made notes on you- overplays AA.

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 09:44:48 PM »

doubt it

is it cold in his shadow ?
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 09:48:06 PM »

Just suffered a loss to a similar fate to a player making a bizarre call although not as bad a beat as yours.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 10:07:30 PM »

Just suffered a loss to a similar fate to a player making a bizarre call although not as bad a beat as yours.

how can you keep us in suspense? please tell us about it in great detail
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 10:41:42 PM »

how can you keep us in suspense? please tell us about it in great detail

Can't afford the 50p.  Roll Eyes
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 10:48:36 PM »

doubt it

They should..if there was one decent player on that table he will have taken a note of what you did in this hand post flop.
Yes you got unlucky but you should really evaluate what you did post flop here and take that into account next time you get Aces and 4 callers and see a pair hit the board.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 12:33:20 AM »

i shipped it in 98% favourite and he hit a miracle end of , if that is bad play then 

is it cold in his shadow ?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 12:40:08 AM »

i shipped it in 98% favourite and he hit a miracle end of , if that is bad play then 

the bad play is not that the guy who called you was miles behind. The play that is being questioned (or it is atleast pointed out as something to think about in the future)  is that you assumed noone had a 6. His play was awful of course it was. All I'm saying (and others with me) is that you just shipped all your chips in the middle against 4 oppo's and anyone of them could have a 6. 56 suited is not unlikely to be in there.

just something to think about, that's all.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 05:18:04 AM »

the bad play is not that the guy who called you was miles behind. The play that is being questioned (or it is atleast pointed out as something to think about in the future)  is that you assumed noone had a 6. His play was awful of course it was. All I'm saying (and others with me) is that you just shipped all your chips in the middle against 4 oppo's and anyone of them could have a 6. 56 suited is not unlikely to be in there.

His bad play wasn't that he might have walked into a 6 it's that he gave no-one room to hang themselves, i would be looking to get value for my AA on a safe board like this.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 07:10:58 AM »

AA was a clear fold there.

Standard

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »

His bad play wasn't that he might have walked into a 6 it's that he gave no-one room to hang themselves, i would be looking to get value for my AA on a safe board like this.

Agree with this.  Check raise?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »

I can't get away from the (to me) logical position here.

If I am 98% favourite, I want Mr 2% Matey Boy to call me all night & all day.

48 out of 49 times, I scoop, & have a quite smile to myself at his play. 1 time in 49 he hits. Can I & should I really complain at his play?

We can't have our cake nd eat it, or our bread buttered both sides!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 11:38:26 PM »

We can't have our cake nd eat it, or our bread buttered both sides!

I hate this phrase thing.  You clearly can have cake and eat it.  And you most definately can butter both sides of your bread, although it tends to get messy (just like this hand).
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 02:26:12 PM »

I take it all back

You played the hand like a Poker God and that guy is a donk.

Case Closed!

In fact It's such an open and shut case I don't know why you even posted it in the first place. Phil Ivey himself could not have played the hand any better

seriously, I find at the lower levels people do some real crazy shit online. I am assuming this was a low level STT ? some players just like to jerk around on them, and tilt people up. It can be good fun....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: