blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 10:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272934 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  APAT Edinburgh Day 2...An occasional update on here
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: APAT Edinburgh Day 2...An occasional update on here  (Read 15985 times)
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2007, 08:47:05 PM »

Well done Eck - thanks for the updates Tighty - thanks APAT for what sounds like another great comp!

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2007, 08:48:03 PM »

Gutted to see Eck didn't win, he really deserved to, I met him on the first table and when he told me today he had been nervous all along I was amazed as he seemed very in control in the early stages.  Never scared to raise with bugger all.Smiley

Can i say I had a fantastic time in my first proper tournament and a lot of that was because of the many Blondes I met over the weekend.  Lovely people one and all.   think I will need to look into one of these Blonde bashes sometime. disco

nice meeting you DAN DAN and all the other blondes, there is room for the next blonde bash!!!  shall I put your name down?

And when you come DAN DAN - pack Sark in your suitcase, he's got no excuse then thumbs up

sponsored by Fyffes
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2007, 09:00:23 PM »

Was wanting to come along the road today to say hi, but couldn't get away.

Sounds like a good time, enjoy yourselves tonight all those who don't have to travel back. Well done Eck

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
mickyp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2007, 09:02:21 PM »

First off well done eck, great effort bud.As always thanks to des,tighty and sleeping beauty tikay[pictures to follow shortly! ]A pleasure to meet for the first time ,bain and harmony,the sarge,foggy and his goood lady,londonpokergirl(mel is actually crazier than me)Glorious and the list goes on.Also met a couple of supposed poker players cant remember there blonde names ,one was called kyboshi or some thing ,the other jjlandrover(aka bar code) they should no better by now to try and beat me at sit and go's
Thank's for the weekend every one RESPECT
mickyp

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2007, 09:03:26 PM »

Sory forgot the sheriff
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2007, 09:05:50 PM »

Sherriff with his t Shirt with 'I BEAT ANOREXIA' on it classic

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

ImMrChip

I know, I know, but then, nobodys perfect!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2007, 09:23:21 PM »

Very well played ECK and very unlucky M8, it was a pleasure meeting you.
It was my first APAT event and most enjoyable it was too. Must be by far the friendliest event in the UK and the best organised. It was great meeting all the Blonde's including DanDan, Dewi,  Des and loads more

"Not all Trappers wear fur hats"
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2007, 09:51:15 PM »

scared

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2007, 09:57:17 PM »

Thanks for all the encouragement folks it was very much appreciated. Didn't have much expectations for my 2nd live event so would have been happy with second before it began. But getting HU slightly in front and i knew he was so desparate just for the trophy i thought this might give me an edge. He actually offered in a deal all the cash if he could get the trophy i just wanted him to confirm this before i told him no deal (i know flushy will be disgusted but hey ho not playing for 2 days to throw it HU)

Chilling now with a glass of wine as was driving today and getting a bit hyper after my fourteenth can of irn-bru!!

thanks again, and Horneris I will totally understand if you want to substitute me in the HU, otherwise you'll have to do it on yer own again. But i will buy the beers tho
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2007, 10:35:01 PM »

Just want to say a special thank you to the blondes in Edinburgh. Dan Dan and Ed sorry i missed you before you had to go but thanks for the nice message on my ciggies packet. Cheers to Bain and harmony we had a very enjoyable few beers discussing the "quite average canyon"  (you had to be there)

Great to meet Mickyp, great fun at the table, ImMrchips, GeotheSarge, all glasgow contingent Laz (I never get any cards!! alright i had aces but they don't count cause it was the first round), Teacake, Billy (newmanseye), Scottm for the first time (hard luck mate you were looking good and playing really well, thought you were going to go the distance) and also Laz's bro unfortunately didn't get much of a chance to have a chat, but hopefully will get another chance, if the invite for the home game is still open I might have a few more brownie points after handing over the prize money when i got home.

Nice to meet the previous winners  Kinboshi and JJandellis (if only i could play HU), also Glorious. Didn't really get a chance (proberly cause i'm not the greatest at introducing myself) to Sherrif and Mel ( Tikay only realised i was a blonde when we down to about 20)

Finally a huge thanks to tighty, Tikay and Des for a superb weekend had a blast and can't wait to see most of you in Luton and please don't take the piss when it's on the telly  sure if forgotten loads but more wine is calling and might even think about playing some more tonight (ffs do i have a problem!!)
scottm

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »

Gutted for you mate  Sad

But what a performance  
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2007, 10:42:29 PM »

Very well played Eck..Respect!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2007, 10:51:28 PM »

Great result Eck, unlucky not to get first prize 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
maxward

WSOP ME 2007

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2007, 11:17:05 PM »

Congrats to Phil and unlucky Eck (not that I know who u are sorry), a crazy harsh way to lose.

Thanks to Des, Tighty and Tikay for putting on another great event.  I think we all appreciate immensley the work you guys put in, not just on the day but in the weeks and months preceeding.

A point aside, apologies I had to get away Des, Ill be honoured to help out next event.

One point for next time, can you make sure you invite the Scottish popstar wannabe guy again, hes not my cup of tea, but if he brings his girlfriend along again Ill be a happy man indeed - Des I am expecting some crafty pic coverage, dont let the side down!!!

King of the river check-raise
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2007, 11:52:28 PM »

Well done to Phil and Eck.  Just completed my six hour drive home and have stopped steaming after donating all my chips on a steal 5 minutes into the final table!!

What a donk after 2 days hard work.

Roll on dublin.  Thanks again especially to kinboshi and jjangelis for their support over the 2 days and thanks for a place to crash last night lee.

Des Tighty and TK are really building something special here

Spooky corner::

Wales knocked out the bubble with pocket aces
Scotland knocked out the bubble with aces

Final table. Wales a massive all in battle first hand knocks a player out
               Scotland ditto

Wales finish 8th
Scotland 8th

surreal!!!

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »