blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Deep enough to have enough info??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deep enough to have enough info??  (Read 1011 times)
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2007, 02:11:07 PM »

Venetian 1/2nl $300 max/ $100 min 10 seats

Im in the BB with    and $600

folds to the CO makes it $8 with around about $800 behind he has been playing quite tight aggro in the 3hrs id been there... Button reraises to $16 with $100 behind.. he had taken a few bad beats lately to get him down from a full starting stack.. folds to me in the BB and I make it $40...

Co thinks for a lil while and bumps it up to $90 , Button shoves....

Hero?Huh?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »

If the CO really had AA, would it not be better to flat call your re-raise and let the button shove, meaning you'd have to flat-call the button shove or raise, and then the CO could come over the top?

Probably enough info to pass though.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:45:36 PM »

Surely this is a call on set value?  If the button has $100 his allin closes the betting for the CO.  Even if you don't hit a set on the flop, the co might check it down as the pot is protected.

(I do think the CO has AA a lot of the time)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:47:59 PM by doubleup » Logged
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »

shove shove shove. i think the button is more likely to have AA than CO here. and if he does. so what? you're set to lose the side pot and win the main pot which would more than make up for the lost side pot.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 06:31:14 PM »

you're set to lose the side pot and win the main pot which would more than make up for the lost side pot.

You might be right about being ahead but I doubt that the the "quite tight aggro" cut off calls a 250bb rerererereraise without AA.
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 10:26:33 AM »

when it gets back round to me the pot is $230 and it costs me $50 to call ... 4.5 to 1 odds surely are not justifiable here to hope to flop a set. Also im pretty certain AA is out here and surely with this much preflop action a Kxx board could scare a pair of Aces into not losing their whole stack.. I felt that this negated any implied odds I could have had and folded.

CO AA
Button QQ..

I done a lil dance Smiley
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »

Also im pretty certain AA is out here and surely with this much preflop action a Kxx board could scare a pair of Aces into not losing their whole stack.. I felt that this negated any implied odds I could have had and folded.

Interesting - What do you think he would have done if you led out on a queen high flop?  I don't think I've ever played with stacks this big, it really is a different game entirely.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 08:20:54 AM »

when it gets back round to me the pot is $230 and it costs me $50 to call ... 4.5 to 1 odds surely are not justifiable here to hope to flop a set. Also im pretty certain AA is out here and surely with this much preflop action a Kxx board could scare a pair of Aces into not losing their whole stack.. I felt that this negated any implied odds I could have had and folded.

CO AA
Button QQ..

I done a lil dance Smiley

We ned to know how much button shoves for. Is it an underrasie to say $100 from $90? Costing you $60 to call i call here. Pot odds mean little in this situation, i call hoping to flop a set and stack the $800 stack.
Obviously if he raises to $100 more it looks more like a fold.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: