blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  NL cash - huge draw out of position
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NL cash - huge draw out of position  (Read 834 times)
Moskvich

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:44:08 AM »

How would you play this? I think the result's pretty much irrelvant (as it happens I missed my draw and lost the hand) - but I wasn't really sure how to play it post flop.

NL $0.50/1, full ring game

EP has around $45, MP has around $90, I have them covered.

EP raise to $3, MP calls, I call with in BB.

(Not sure I really should have made this call, it's the sort of hand I think I get in trouble with OOP).

Anyway, flop comes and an offsuit 4.

EP bets $7, MP min raises to $14.

This is where I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I'm happy to play this for all my chips - but ideally I want both players in to improve my pot odds.

If I call and the EP calls, and I miss on the turn I'm likely to face a big bet which could be a marginal call at best. But if I raise here I risk losing the EP.

What do you do here?

What actually happened was I reraised to $26, the EP shoved and the MP shoved with top two pair, and I missed.

It all felt a bit clumsy though, if you know what I mean. Suggestions/thoughts appreciated.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:27:52 AM »

Your line is good imo. You got all the money in on the flop and were getting a great price on your monster hand v 2 pair. Dont be results orientated. Another day a will come on the turn and you'll be telling all of us how good you are Smiley

The more i think about your play and the hand dynamic, the more i like it. You dont want to flat call as if you hit the action shuts down (against strong players) anyway. This way you are encouraging all the money to go in on the flop, without creating so much fold equity that you only get called by better hands (for example if you went all-in).

GL in future.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: