blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AQoff big blind!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AQoff big blind!  (Read 801 times)
FrankF

AK Suited

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2007, 11:38:21 PM »

I was bored yesterday so I decided to let some Poker software decide how to play a 18 man tourny on Stars.

Anyway, things were going well and when I landed  on the big blind I thought I was laughing.

The software told me I should fold under any raise.
As I was doing a kind of boredom induced experiment I folded when a mid range dude raised the blinds.

Luck would have it the raiser had KK and his cards would've have held up against mine.

One - Nil to the software?
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:45:08 PM »

One - Nil to the software?

yup
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »

AQ offsuit (like AJ off) is a very dangerous hand to play out of position and one to be extremely carefull with. I completely understand why you were told to fold it. It all depends on how much the raise is obviously but if it's not too much I don't particularly like the fold. If it is a substantial raise I fold here every single time. (Assuming blinds are not yet high and I've got plenty chippies left)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:39:28 PM »

I take it this was SNGEndGameTools?

yeah. that shit is pretty much like printing money. but you gotta remember it doesn't take into account opponent calling/raising ranges ect.

regardless though. early on in an SnG AQ out of position is SHIT.
FrankF

AK Suited

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 11:09:07 PM »

AQ offsuit (like AJ off) is a very dangerous hand to play out of position and one to be extremely carefull with. I completely understand why you were told to fold it. It all depends on how much the raise is obviously but if it's not too much I don't particularly like the fold. If it is a substantial raise I fold here every single time. (Assuming blinds are not yet high and I've got plenty chippies left)
Thanks for reply. Good insight Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: