blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  el blonde >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: el blonde >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  (Read 5305 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 05:33:03 PM »

Great play Bazza me owd, I was funking for you in the online satellite and the tourney itself 

I'll see you guys at Brighton too  disco

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 05:34:22 PM »

Very played Sir.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »

Well done Barry, well it was awful cheering you on (a bit too excited i got so Mr Nun informs me) when it was DC and you. I felt guilty. Made a great final. Also well played Greek Jack,would have liked to see him get there too, so many great guys on the final table .xxxxxxx

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »

well played mate.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 06:49:45 PM »

Barry, very very well done, nice result

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 07:03:37 PM »

Very well done - great final. Can I have my £20 back now?  scared   Grin
The Nugget

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 07:20:03 PM »

Just wanted to say well done to El Blondie and Big Bazza two classy guys and two gentleman who deserve there good fortune this weekend

Nice to see two good guys going home with The Gravy...........

Well done Guys

Kind Regards
The Nugget
BigArmo

Come on City!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:59 PM »

Good to see 2 quality players able to play at the end of a major tourny no crapshoot rubbish, so well done AJ for a great structure.

ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »

I have to say I was delighted to see Dave win this event. I dont know Dave as I dont play live that often but had the privelage of being on his table in Walsall in the Grand Prix in October.
Dave has been on an extended poor run going right back through last year and was documented in his diary on Blonde.
Dave didnt whinge and moan about bad beats like most of us, (me included) he carried on with dignity like a true gent.
Never was someone more deserving of this win, among other good recent results.

A very big congratulations from me

Best QM ever

FACT !
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 09:42:59 PM »

Sorry to change the tone slightly, indeed many congrats to Barry and to Dave for their wins. However, having seen the second video of the two posted, I feel I need to respond. I was "the young kid," who apparently ran round screaming having knocked out my friend Mickey, and therefore deserved this deluge of abuse, including being accused of being gay.

Let me give my account of when I knocked Mickey out, as there has obviously been a massve Chinese whisper effect. I did overreact, which I do not usually do, pumping my fists where I was standing behind the table, but did not make a single noise. I admit to this being a little too much, I was feeling the sheer relief of finally having a hand stand up, but didn't feel it was any more at all than alot of people celebrate. I soon thanked Nick Slade who put me right for overcelebrating, and made a mental note to be more emotionless.

I think Blonde/Blue Square need to be more careful making a showing videos which have a laugh at a unknown player, who has no defence. (Even the 16 outs on the river is an exaggeration- the 9 picture cards are outs).
It's all too easy with poker to have bad sentiments towards and be nasty to people you don't know, but also possible to show alot of respect and humility. The later is an atmosphere that Blonde encourages through all its brilliant services.

Cheers guys, many congrats again
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 10:41:53 PM »

Yep, I was very surprised to find this on the GUKPT main site. A nasty, macho atmosphere, includng homophobic comments, is one people might stereotype poker with, but is far from the truth and should not be promoted.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 02:18:41 AM »

Sorry to change the tone slightly, indeed many congrats to Barry and to Dave for their wins. However, having seen the second video of the two posted, I feel I need to respond. I was "the young kid," who apparently ran round screaming having knocked out my friend Mickey, and therefore deserved this deluge of abuse, including being accused of being gay.

Let me give my account of when I knocked Mickey out, as there has obviously been a massve Chinese whisper effect. I did overreact, which I do not usually do, pumping my fists where I was standing behind the table, but did not make a single noise. I admit to this being a little too much, I was feeling the sheer relief of finally having a hand stand up, but didn't feel it was any more at all than alot of people celebrate. I soon thanked Nick Slade who put me right for overcelebrating, and made a mental note to be more emotionless.

I think Blonde/Blue Square need to be more careful making a showing videos which have a laugh at a unknown player, who has no defence. (Even the 16 outs on the river is an exaggeration- the 9 picture cards are outs).
It's all too easy with poker to have bad sentiments towards and be nasty to people you don't know, but also possible to show alot of respect and humility. The later is an atmosphere that Blonde encourages through all its brilliant services.

scared

welcome to the world of TV poker mate ( i am preparing my slang)!!!

Get some thick skin, if u r any good u will be there a few more times

just wait until next year and they will forget about a fist punp or 2, the ROOKIE will have some fun at a few final TV tables next year and I cannot accept responsabilty for my actions  scared

No matter what u do ther will always be one xxx xxxx that thinks u got lucky or acted like an ass

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 02:48:15 AM »

scared

welcome to the world of TV poker mate ( i am preparing my slang)!!!

Get some thick skin, if u r any good u will be there a few more times

just wait until next year and they will forget about a fist punp or 2, the ROOKIE will have some fun at a few final TV tables next year and I cannot accept responsabilty for my actions  scared

No matter what u do ther will always be one xxx xxxx that thinks u got lucky or acted like an ass

sorry if i upset you but thats the way it went .
i took my loss to dave with dignaty ,i didnt sprint away from the table .
i have not come on here for a slanging match ,but i was asked to do an interview and that is what it is ,an interview .
all i did was say as it happened ,and had a bit of a banter at the same time .
as for saying you was gay listen to it again ,i said i asked you if you batted for the other side .
in my eyes i thought this sent you on tilt a bit ,cause you raised my blind out of position 7 times on the trot .
if you cant take a bad beat i suggest you stop playing .
i dread to think what you would be like with the likes of tony g on your table .
any way gl to you i hope we cross swords again (cant wait )

thx barry

i`v become cos`s bitch
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 03:38:14 AM »

Congrats Bazza, suppose the magnums are on you then Wink Very well played mate

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 09:01:07 AM »

Congrats Bazza, suppose the magnums are on you then Wink Very well played mate

lol

I haven't eaten a Magnum since.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: