blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I've got the blues
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I've got the blues  (Read 7857 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2005, 08:41:54 PM »

I play poker online for many hours most days, it can be a grind but this forum keeps me sane, its somewhere to go and have a chat with my mates, it informs me and entertains me

Blonde is growing at a phenomenal rate, but that growth comes at a price, no longer are we the close knit little hamlet we once were, we are becoming a city

Cities have many advantages, they have a great diversity of inhabitants with many and varied talents, they can provide access to more facilities and the powers that be have to take more notice when the people of a city unite for a common cause

The downside is, cities need more policing, especially if we want to maintain the same values we enjoyed when we were a sleepy hamlet

We all see tikay as the founder member of  Blondepoker, I know it is a collaboration between him and Dave El Blondie Colclough, but tikay was the public face, the citizens advice, the press agent, the diplomat and the local bobby, but as the forum has grown bigger, superstardom has tapped him on the shoulder and the time he has available has grown shorter, the upshot was, he asked a few of us to become moderators

I am now a moderator; I have some fancy blue stars and a posh title

I am willing to do whatever I can to help out but I have to confess, I don’t like it, this has been the first day on blonde that I haven’t enjoyed

Being a moderator hasn’t improved my IQ, I am no taller, stronger, holier or wiser than I was before, I just feel a greater responsibility to try to do the right thing, although most of the time I know that will be impossible, as don’t know what the right thing is, it’s a case of dammed if you do, and dammed if you don’t

What I’m really trying to say is, when the moderators get it wrong, please try to cut us some slack, if we do the wrong thing, it is for the right reasons

I owe Blonde and it’s members a debt of gratitude, you have been there for me when I needed someone and I wouldn’t upset any one of you for all the blue stars and fancy titles in the world 

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:51:16 PM »

I've stickied this...power crazy you see!!   Grin

Tom has a fantastic way of saying things which I won't even try to emulate. Except to say I agree with every word

Behind the scenes there is an awful lot of work going on to establish how we are going to work together as a team, what we should and shouldn't do, what we should do in certain situations etc. It's taking over a terrific amount of our time, which is fine, because this place deserves it

Bear with us, there will be growing pains and mistakes. There are many more different voices and different opinions on here than even three months ago. We have all seen how this creates challenges. However rest assured that we all love being here, we all have the best interests of all of you at heart and we'll get there

Cheers

TE

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 08:51:46 PM »

I really can't add anything to that.

The right words at the right time, as per usual.

chin up.

Smiley
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 09:09:52 PM »

Excellent posts, I fully understand how you feel , however I do not believe this should stop you enjoying your time on the forum, if everyone who posts on here does so with respect to other members there should be no problem, if you as moderators have to intervene it will not be beacuse of your faults but because of others.

I for one offer you my full support   thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 09:15:15 PM »

Well for what its worth I think you (The Blue Stars) should be proud.
I know Mr K will always be seen as the Founder but from what I can see you guys have been chosen because you are the Heartbeat of this place.  You have built it, helped it grow and between you all have helped and advised me and others.  I am sure there will be ups and downs but you are all strong enough and have enough belief in your views and opinions that it will all work out.
Keep the faith, follow your heads and enjoy it - I have the feeling you are about to witness and be a major part of something wonderful.
This is a competitive game and yet you help us, let us know your secrets and give us professional insights that others would charge for.  The Blonde community should be proud for what they have built and I for one feel it is safe in your hands.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 09:40:42 PM »

amazing how things can change so quickly, sometimes a seemingly insignificant event happens that effects how you look at things from that point on.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 09:45:21 PM »

Thx for the support chaps.

On a personal note, I live and breathe this game and have done so for the last 3 or 4 years. It is an honour and a privelage to be given the role of moderator and I will do whatever I can to make this site a better place.

As RED said, we are not perfect, but we would do pretty much anything to aid Blonde. We have spent many a joyeous hour on here and owe the place a hell of a lot. Keeping an eye on things and trying to keep the peace is the very least we can offer in return.

Just remember, this site is a gift.  It's free, it's fun, and it's got some cracking members. I don't know many other forums on the Internet that can boast such a terrific community spirit. Everyone give yourself a big firm pat on the back.   Smiley

Of course, we will hit the odd obstacle, but these are worth overcoming to maintain what we have here. People will always disagree, but as long as we keep our debates flame free, there shouldn't be too many problems.

Happy faces and enjoy.  Grin Grin Grin

the snopster

(I'll sign myself off by my INCORRECT name just this once  Wink)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 09:47:18 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 09:46:28 PM »

whilst we are on the subject, who is the admin 'Agon' ?? Is this just a backup for tikay or something?

Red when i think of blondepoker, after Tikay comes the likes of you, TE, Kev, Snoop et al.

I feel i have started to carve out my own corner on blonde but you guys deffo are the soul!!

Last couple of days things have gone a bit 'odd' and i have found myself slipping. I have posted a few posts in the last few days that i wouldnt have done a month ago, i think this is down to a changing mode on Blonde. However i vow not to let this affect me again and i will keep my posts in the same vain as the 'legends of blonde'

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 09:51:51 PM »

Ok my turn.

Funny thing I didn't want to post on this thread at first in case it looked like a Mods corner. A couple of time, since those stars appeared, I have thought twice about posting in threads, it is not easy. Not sure I like it yet but will get back in the swing of things. Thanks for the understanding peeps, Blonde is very important to me, it has changed a lot recently and I am just desperate to se it keep it's family astmosphere. I have to say that I have met people here I admire who I would never have met elsewhere. Oh and my poker has improved.  Roll Eyes

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 09:53:11 PM »

Sorry to hear that Red,

your view on life and sometimes even poker is the main reason i come here...ye make me stop , think and enjoy it here

i`d rather have you as moderator and then i know life is as it should be...good guys making decent calls

fall outs will occur ...makin up is the fun bit

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 09:55:42 PM »

. Oh and my poker has improved.  Roll Eyes

No, ours has got worse you lucky fish

Wink

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
-bw-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 09:55:59 PM »

I agree with everything said in this thread so far  thumbs up

I will now refrain from calling Robert "Sir"

but will go back to spelling Snippy's name wrong from now on  Evil

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 10:31:50 PM »

. Oh and my poker has improved.  Roll Eyes

No, ours has got worse you lucky fish

Wink

Return match? ... hmm no way, lucky once not twice

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 10:33:28 PM »

I will now refrain from calling Robert "Sir"

Good. It's like being at work.  Grin

Maroon

Utrinque Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 10:41:16 PM »

Red-Dog for president!!! Wink

If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: