blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:27:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Making a mistake and face this decision.............
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Making a mistake and face this decision.............  (Read 4484 times)
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 05:12:41 PM »

Nice replies again fella's

I had every intention of calling the all in but,,,,,,,,,

I must admit, the all in threw me as I had not seen aggression by this person in these situations before, like I said it was usually a "week" steal attempt he made.

This then had me second guessing myself as to him thinking I had an overpair and would not be able to get away from the hand if he had hit s FH.

I folded, but as I said not without great deal of thought. The fold came when I could not put him on a hand with the call on the flop. If this player had made the same or similar move before I would not hesitate in calling, but as it was totally different from how he had played before , it threw me.

As soon as I folded, I turned to Alex and said "I made a bad fold there, and i've blown my tourney"
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 11:10:39 PM »

I must admit, the all in threw me as I had not seen aggression by this person in these situations before, like I said it was usually a "week" steal attempt he made.

This then had me second guessing myself as to him thinking I had an overpair and would not be able to get away from the hand if he had hit s FH.

I folded, but as I said not without great deal of thought. The fold came when I could not put him on a hand with the call on the flop. If this player had made the same or similar move before I would not hesitate in calling, but as it was totally different from how he had played before , it threw me.

As soon as I folded, I turned to Alex and said "I made a bad fold there, and i've blown my tourney"

This is a very special result that has been twisted because a lot of people know the outcome, and the fact that Geo had A8. In a comp of high quality players, you are walking out the door early if you call this bet.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 03:14:10 AM »

This is a very special result that has been twisted because a lot of people know the outcome, and the fact that Geo had A8. In a comp of high quality players, you are walking out the door early if you call this bet.

The plan was to get the chips in on the turn by check-raising. Now that our opponent has done the job for us, personally I have to call.....irrespective of the outcome...and irrespective of the quality in the field. And would be walking out the tourney early if I'm wrong.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 12:39:22 AM »

You never seen an overbet with the nuts? If the structure is good enough, i can find better spots than here.

I agree its a call in this comp though.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 02:21:10 PM »

Hi Paul and those who have posted, i've taken a great deal from this and I thank you.

We spoke shortly after this and respect to Paul that, as we agreed my call on the turn wasn't the best play he at no time criticised me, instead criticising himself for the way he had played the hand, again thanks.

My reason for the call on the turn was really the same as Paul's, once the flop had came I wasn't convinced any of us had hit anything (in hindsight if I had raised there was a good chance that BB and Paul may have folded)

Again, as Paul admits he had been raising and had decided to mix it up and limped in, I bought it and had Paul on possibly Ax.

When the 8 came on the turn I expected Paul to bet and if it were to be similar (3200) would more than likely called. If Paul pushes here I am folding.

As it was Paul checked, I didn't have him on PP or holding a 2 (bad read, we all do it)

I then had a decision, check and allow another card? ( I think my 8's are possibly good here remember)

Bet and allow a possible re-raise and then have the decision to make?

As paul said, I hadn't shown too much aggression, maybe this was the time to do it??

My decision was to push and give Paul the decision, I was prepared for the call TBH and if I lost was prepared to praise the call, albeit I would have been down to the felt.

Thought it would help if I put my thinking into the pot.

I am fairly new to the game, and accept I probably didn't play it well, however it is by reading this sort of analysis, especially when it is about my own play that hopefully I will learn quicker and hopefully not inflict too many decisions like this on good guys like Paul.

Again Paul, my thanks to you for not being on my case for the way I played this.

appreciated

geo.

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 02:40:11 PM »

Footnote:

Possibly ironic, A8 hearts was the hand that put me out on the bubble in this comp.

short stack on the BB and everyone folds to SB who has a large stack just calls. I push and he calls with K7 hearts.

7 hits the flop and no help from turn and river.

I can hear paul now - justice!! - lol

After these 2 hands I have vowed never to play A8 again unless I can get a cheap flop.

Geo

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »

Geo, you did nothing wrong.

Your call on the flop, ok was a little dubious, but other than that, you played it fine.

Next time I'll get ya! lol
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 04:33:06 PM »

Thanks mate,

I don't doubt it.

Hope all went well on the anniversary, regards to Charmaine.

Geo

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »

Right this is my take on the hand.

Personally as flushy said 99 has to be seen with so few chips as a big hand in itself, as you said you were trying to show strength by limping, possibly representing AA/KK. I cant check back now but i believe you had around 12/13BB's so a 3 or 4x BB raise was possible here and still hav 10BB's back if you have to fold to overcards on the flop or a strong reraise preflop.

Even if Geo had come along for the ride you would have been in much stronger a position to represent overcards (coud he have called your all in even if an Ace had hit?? doubt it!) as you are raising UTG which must be seen as stregth as if you had a marginal hand you simply would have pushed as you are so so low in chips and want to get people off their hand instead of in play.

You would have also got the BB off the hand preflop and then no need to even worry about the 22 on the flop as no way geo is coming in here UTG+1 with a 2 in his hand after your UTG raise.
Flop comes 225, what better flop could you wish to see heads up with 99, you cant be worried about geo having an overair as in my opinion he would have reraised you all in preflop and IMO is only in to see a cheap flop, which it turns out he was.

This is where you want to be pushing right here on the flop, i would already know in my head he is not going to call [unless he does have a hand like A5s in which case your probably getting paid off as he thinks he might have outdrawn you]  would be happy to take down the 7200 chip profit ( i think thats right geo's 3 or 4xBB call+SB+BB) which would put you on ~17 BB which then gives you some more room to mix it up or at least see you through the blinds comfortably.

I think this hand should have been played out on the flop and not got to the turn personally.

Sorry if this analysis is all over the shop, one of my few posts i have made in and hope they get smoother, or more accurate as time progresses!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: