blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:16:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Who introduced you to blondepoker?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who introduced you to blondepoker?  (Read 15860 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »

I would like to hear the story about the "main" operaterors at Blonde found each other (Snoop, Jen, DC, Tikay ect)

Seems like an interesting bunch of characters to say the least!!!!!!

Jen was vaguely known to me as a dealer at Gutshot in London, but we were not on speaking terms as such.

She was recommended to me by Jo Handman, & I was doing Live Updates "solo" at the time. I asked her to do one with me, at Walsall, & she was just magic, I could see in an instant she was golden. I was due to fly to Vegas a week later, & I ummed & arred about asking her to come across & Live Update the 2005 WSOP with me. In usual tiikay style, I left it until the last minute before plucking up the courage to ask her to come to Vegas, so I eventually 'phoned her. "Hi Jen, will you come to Vegas for the WSOP please?". "Yes, when do you want me", she said. "Err, umm, tomorrow.....?"

She said "yes", DC & I sorted out the Vegas hotel & flight costs (considerable, & out of our own pockets) & we were up & running.

Jen & I had such a ball in Vegas. We worked 16 hours a day, then went for breakfast. She is such a fascinating conversationalist, we would chat after a 16 hour Update for 4 hours then fall asleep at the breakfast table! I have a huge weakness & fascination for highly intelligent folks, & Jen is as sharp as anyone I have met.

We went all over Europe together, Updating, Paris, Barceona, Copenhagen, Vienna, what fun we had, always dining & me listening to Jen orate on every subject under the sun. We went for a meal in Paris during the WPT & I was so busy listening to a Jen tale that I walked straight into a plate glass door, which was firmly shut!

My other blonde & TV committments with Poker 425 meant we had to find another Updater, & it was Jen that found snoops, bless her.

It all goes back to Jo introducing me to Jen, without whom life would have been so different, her Live Updates have become our trademark. They were described rather unkindly as "Conference League" Updates by another site recently, but she gives blonde exactly what the blondes want, & thats all that matters to me.

God Bless Jen & snoops.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2007, 06:00:39 PM »

for me it was the updates for the grosevnor grand prix last year, got into a big pot with a blondite on here sheriff? i flopped a set of kings v set of 9's v two pair v flush draw. flush came with me scooping a small side pot  bad beat yawn

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=15881.msg329439#msg329439

I never realised that you were the SB in this hand until now!

And the nut flush is a blondeite as well!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2007, 10:01:10 PM »

BigArmo - and the rest of blonde have regretted it ever since Grin

sponsored by Fyffes
CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2007, 12:30:29 AM »

Snoops and Jen - sat down and chatted with them after my exit from GUKPT in Bolton.

Have spent nearly 4 days of my time since Jan on this site and met some great people in the process.

ps great post Tikay re Jen...

mex

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2007, 08:30:51 PM »

I've no idea.

iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/mexico66.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »

Stumbled across it by accident, not sure if it was a good thing or not Wink
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2007, 12:33:57 AM »

I've no idea.

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2007, 10:43:29 AM »

Doctors report the world's first case of Smiley's Tourettes Wink

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2007, 12:36:55 PM »

I would like to hear the story about the "main" operaterors at Blonde found each other (Snoop, Jen, DC, Tikay ect)

They were described rather unkindly as "Conference League" Updates by another site recently, but she gives blonde exactly what the blondes want, & thats all that matters to me.

God Bless Jen & snoops.

Blimey!....must keep up with the footy scene......hadn't realised that Man Utd and Chelsea had fallen that far.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 12:39:14 PM by ripple11 » Logged
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2007, 01:45:26 PM »

They were described rather unkindly as "Conference League" Updates by another site recently, but she gives blonde exactly what the blondes want, & thats all that matters to me.

God Bless Jen & snoops.

Blimey!....must keep up with the footy scene......hadn't realised that Man Utd and Chelsea had fallen that far.

lol..I was about the post something similar. There's only one place I would ever consider reading the updates on. It's not just the cards I want to know about, I want to get a feel for the place aswell..Noone does that better than the Blonde team.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2007, 02:13:02 PM »

Back in the day, Flushy was a provisional MMM Member (still is actually, membership can be revoked at any time though - now go fetch me a vodka red bull) and passed on useful sites etc he had come across.

He was banging on about blonde for ages, telling me to go post something. Eventually he linked to my blog on a thread, where there were some nice comments and a few less nice ones. Thought I should come on and explain myself. Managed to upset someone and get my first post censored but after that I liked many of the posters and stayed on and have been a relatively well behaved inmate since although I remain committed to insurrection and anarchy.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: