blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The blonde-Titan Freeroll
Linked Events
  • The blonde-Titan Freeroll: October 14, 2005
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The blonde-Titan Freeroll  (Read 40238 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2005, 12:11:01 AM »

Right, next on the "catch-up list is this, the blonde-Titan Freeroll.

There has been much comments on blonde about the merits or otherwise of Titan. Most of you will have noted by now that I rarely say this site or that site is good or bad - it's a subjective thing.

I made a lengthy (I know, most of you fell asleep reading it) post earlier about Tony G's new role on blonde, & the blonde Titan Freeroll was the first deal he cut for us.

In short, the deal is that Titan run a Freeroll exclusively for the blondeites.  You can see the details on our Home Page, it's a huge banner on the right hand side.

Essentially, it's a $5,000 dollar Freeroll, with another $1,000 on top by way of bounties on El Blondie & Tony G. Prizes go down to 18th. I THINK it's a rebuy (pardon my ignorance, but my PC is down at the moment, & I cant download Poker Sitres onto my Lappie), and that the Rebuys are ADDED to the Prize Pool, but I will confirm that, one way or the other, later. You do have to Deposit $20 into Titan to make you eligible, but you can cash that out once the comp is over if you so wish. And, if you wanna take them up on it, there are Deposit Bonuses, subject, I imagine, to the usual conditions. We HAVE to get 50 runners, or the comp is off, simple as that, but that should be achievable based on past experience. And if we get 100+ runners, then the Freeroll will become a $10,000 Freeroll, yum yum yum.

In addition, Titan will pay blonde an amount (I don't know the details, but it ain't relevant really), effectively they will be giving us a Bonus for delivering them x sign-ups.

Lots of dubious questions have been aired on blonde about Titan, & I've never used the site, so I can't really deny or confrm them. The site is crap/good. poor/ok, that sorta thing.

Quite honestly, my view is "so what?". If they are gonna give $5,000, plus $1,000 of Bounties, completely free, then that's fine by me. Plus they'll give blonde a bonus if we achieve the targeted number of runners.

Nobody is obliged to carry on using Titan after the blonde tourney, & we wont advise you either way. If you like the site, you will, if you don't, you wont. It's that simple, blonde have no view or interest as to whether you do or don't. Our aim is to deliver them enough runners so that you all get a Freeroll, & blonde get their Bonus.

I understand that they apply "pressure selling" to get you to deposit more money. Fine, do as they suggest, or ignore them, that's your choice entirely, we are all grown-ups, we can handle a bit of that.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. They are giving us a juicy Freeroll, & if we have to put up with a bit of pressure selling so as to get their money, so be it. You won't go there again if you don't like the place. Remember, I am neither saying they are good or bad - that's NOT the point at all. If it is a decent site, many of you will stay there, & use the site in future, which is the bet they are, in effect, making. If you don't like it, you will not go there again. But you'll have at least $6k of their money in your pocket. Sounds OK to me.

But you MUST remember this. You CANNOT sign up on the day. You need to sign up, ideally, 48 hours in advance. Don't say we did not warn you, you will NOT be able to sign up on the day of the comp.

$6,000 for nothing? Can't be that bad a deal, even if we have to put up with a bit of grief.

Tony G tells me that he can set up these kind of comps for blonde on a regular basis, maybe not THIS much free money, but certainly added money. But we DO need to try to make this one a success, as that will give him the encouragement to set the other "added money" blonde Tourneys up for us.

Give us the money, honey!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 01:03:30 AM by ironside » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:21:36 AM »

Sounds fair enough to me, seems a pretty good deal.

When is the freeroll again? I have completely forgotten...

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 12:23:24 AM »

This Friday.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 12:27:13 AM »

Surley it's time you had a day off to spend your recent gains at the Gutshot?

Seriously though I support the various difficult desicions you have made over the last few days and although I have not been a member for long this place has just been a joy for the last 2 days because you did what was required.

For what its worth I will support Blonde in all endevours and in that spirit I am off now to sign up for the Titan freeroll to show my support.

Good Luck

Jezza
Banksie

Cider Mmmmmmmmmm!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 12:28:09 AM »

Cheers for the info Tony...

I don't have a credit card... do they accept switch or is it a paypall thingy??? (not too good with this  Grin)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 12:28:58 AM »

The Titan freeroll does not seem to be listed in their scheduled events.

Is that because there are not yet enough runners ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
AwesomeAli

I have nothing to say

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 12:30:09 AM »

I have a question:

I already downloaded Titan Poker and created an account over a month ago, before your banner appeared on here.

I am assuming this means I cannot play?

Ali

A man is like a deck of cards - You need A Heart to love him, A Diamond to marry him, A Club to smash his head in & A Spade to bury the bastard!
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »

It is there .. i just looked.. but unfortunatley for me it is next week...yet another one i cant enter.. Sad

Look under Scheduled
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 12:36:26 AM by The_nun » Logged

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 12:36:45 AM »

I can enter nun however dont know if I will be up for it   Evil
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 12:38:43 AM by Dewi_cool » Logged

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 12:37:16 AM »

I don't think it's listed as such Karabiner, but until I get my PC working again, I can't really tell you. I'll ask Tony G to respond, but it may be tomorrow before he does (well, Sunday).

Awesome Ali - no, I don't think that's the case, but again, lets see what Tony G comes up with by way of a reply.

Jezza - yeah, I DO fancy a quiet day. I'm nearly caught up on the Forum, but then I've gotta start on the e-mails, I'm DREADING opening up my inbox for thre first time in nearly a week! I'm just THE world's worst at managing my time, & this Forum is mostly to blame, I find it hard to get off once I'm on. (Behave Kev). Sunday was gonna be a nice quiet day, but Thewy just called me & reminded me I am goling to Bad Girl's wedding tomorrow, in West London. Good job he reminded me, I'd clean forgot. But I love being busy, & I sure ain't complaining.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 12:42:49 AM »

The nun is right it is listed under "scheduled". Looking in the wrong place (again)!

I signed up yesterday I think it was, so I'll probably be listed tomorrow.

At present there are 14 entrants. 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 12:44:59 AM »

]

The nun is right it is listed under "scheduled". Looking in the wrong place (again)!

I signed up yesterday I think it was, so I'll probably be listed tomorrow.

At present there are 14 entrants. 

I'm a woman ..what do you expect thumbs up
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 12:48:48 AM by The_nun » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »

Do you think therapy is in order ?

Wink

jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 12:58:52 AM »

Tk I am having probs registering for the freeroll , when i go  to register it says its restricted . I asked Emma ( the online support) and she said i have to contact you and get put on the list? Please help I know I am being stupid here.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 12:58:54 AM »

Yup, therapy IS in order. In the "getting to know you" thread today, she lsted her job as Sex Therapist.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: