blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  £30 PL live hands
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £30 PL live hands  (Read 1119 times)
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2007, 12:24:15 PM »

2 hands here:

At blind level 400/800 ( starting stack 5k), I'm in the BB holding  , 1 serial limper in the pot ( he's limped with AA and hands like 5 7). Would you raise or see a flop?

Flop comes AKQ, and I'm first to act... what would you do??

Second hand, 600/1200 blind level, and I'm in the BB holding AK. At this level I'm shortstacked with about 6k. We've 6 players at the table, and seen an immediate pot raise, pot raise and pot raise ( about 18k in the pot already). Can you fold this??

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:08:58 PM »

First hand insta shove and smile, expect to be ahead 90% of the time and you have fold equity. When the flop comes down kick yourself for not raising and tap the table, fold to any bet.

2nd hand, meh. Reads would be good, also where we are in the tournament relative to the money and other stacks. I think im gambling it up here and sticking it in hoping to scoop a big pot.
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »

2nd hand, meh. Reads would be good, also where we are in the tournament relative to the money and other stacks. I think im gambling it up here and sticking it in hoping to scoop a big pot.
[/quote]

Well these guys have been raising with next to nothing... one of them has to have Ace something, not expecting pocket pairs... Initial raiser is only one with lower chips than me, 13 left, 6th place is first paying place

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 01:43:19 PM »

Well these guys have been raising with next to nothing... one of them has to have Ace something, not expecting pocket pairs... Initial raiser is only one with lower chips than me, 13 left, 6th place is first paying place
[/quote]

If thats the case, there would be scorch marks on the table from me shoving my chips in.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »

1 hand ur done..fold to any pressure..try for a long delay indicating your strong looking for check check check to showdown..

2nd hand all in due to being shortstacked......

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 02:43:19 PM »

2 hands here:

At blind level 400/800 ( starting stack 5k), I'm in the BB holding  , 1 serial limper in the pot ( he's limped with AA and hands like 5 7). Would you raise or see a flop?

The only time i wouldn't raise here is if i was say listening to an iPod and unknowingly tapping the table along to the tune, just at the moment the action got to me. In every other scenario i will be saying "yes please" when the dealer asks if i want to raise.

Second hand, 600/1200 blind level, and I'm in the BB holding AK. At this level I'm shortstacked with about 6k. We've 6 players at the table, and seen an immediate pot raise, pot raise and pot raise ( about 18k in the pot already). Can you fold this??

Can i fold this? Only if i unlearn everything i know about tournament poker, and even then just going on my basic common sense i would probably still call 99% of the time!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »

Results

1st hand... I HATE raising with pocket J's.. so I took a long time to decide how to play this hand..

I checked the hand, and took a hell of a long time to check the AKQ flop

My opponent goes all in... instafold... he flips KK

2nd hand... as Flushy says I'd have to re-look at all my options if I folded this one... naturally went for it

as all the cards were flipped ( 4 way all in)  my AK was ahead vs AQ, KQ and j10

no point in mentioning that naturally the ONLY hand to hit was j 10

UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 06:15:35 PM »

if the blinds where 400-800 and i had 5k chips and all the action has taken place (i.e bb) id be raising with alot less than jj.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: