blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:53:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AQ UTG
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AQ UTG  (Read 2663 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »

This thread is a revelation to me!

Passing AQ utg has never entered my thought process. Its opened my eyes to a new level of nittynes.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 03:34:36 PM »

Passing AQ utg has never entered my thought process. Its opened my eyes to a new level of nittynes.

classic...I knew you'd post i here sooner or later.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 03:53:18 PM »

Passing utg has never entered my thought process. Its opened my eyes to a new level of nittynes.

FYP
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 10:11:34 PM »

knew you'd be horrified Flushie.

Even I'll usually raise but I'd be much more likely to pass to any heat that you.

AJ, A10 are usually in the muck unless it's a particularly tight table and I might get a flop for a limp.
Serenity

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 07:39:22 PM »

AQ should be passed UTG unless the table is very tight..people from late position can call ur raise and u never know where u r on flop as no information from them  unless it comes a monster for u.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 07:49:48 PM »

you cant make statements of fact like that about hands.

people have different styles and so have different 'correct plays' with different hands. 

for your style of play it may be right for AQ to get mucked UTG but for more aggressive players who raise 2/3 pots AQ is a big hand and probably warrants a raise. also particularly tight players might look to exploit their image by raising with it if they've been quiet.

tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 07:59:43 PM »

it all depends on the table and your image and who you are playing against tbh. There is no one way or the other to play any hand

if the table is tight you raise with any two, if they call most raises but are passive post-flop- you also raise, if you can read your opponents you raise as well, if you don't know what to do with AQ - folding is the best option -

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 03:12:10 AM »

thats a shocking way to play out of position really. if you get flat called on the flop you don't know if theyre on a draw or just a pair. so then you'll probably check the turn unless you pair and give them an extra card to hit. you're never winning worthwhile pots with AQ early on UTG. until i'm under 20 BB i don't play it UTG. assuming i have average tournament chips.

you have to also remember early on people will often flat call with AK behind a raiser. you hit your ace. you bet. they raise. you think wheyyyy he's got a weaker ace theres no wayyyy i'm beat. but..yeah.. it's only AQ man.

muck this shite utg. only gets valuable short-handed, in position or late in the day.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 03:17:32 AM »

ditto

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: