blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:19:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Standard Fold?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Standard Fold?  (Read 1970 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 01:53:35 PM »

A huge overraise all in is usually AK

lost count of the number of times I've seen first hand all ins turn out to be AA. wierd way of playing them but they always seem to get paid off.
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 02:21:59 PM »

fold fold fold.

Scotty Bguyen once said that if someone offered him a 60/40 shot at the start of a tournament, he would turn it down because he can beat the other players asses better over a period of time without risking his chips.

If its good enough for Scotty its good enough for me
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 04:46:01 PM »

fold fold fold.

Scotty Bguyen once said that if someone offered him a 60/40 shot at the start of a tournament, he would turn it down because he can beat the other players asses better over a period of time without risking his chips.

Scotty Nguyen
all time winnings $6.8 million

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=185

Junglecat03 on a good day

What about us mere mortals who don't have scotty nguyen's skill level and don't habitually play in live deep stacked events?

Paul Phillips(pre his scrabble obsession) and Greg Raymer used to argue that you shouldn't turn down edges even smaller than this. I remember a piece by Paul saying that a player who consistently had his chips in with 60 40 edges would be one of the most successful players around.

Maybe you can turn down edges like this if you are an elite poker player but this is a handful of players. For the rest of us the chips you lose passing the + equity here  are too valuable. Your skill edge is so unlikely to be big enough to compensate (unless you are the next scotty, daniel, phil etc)

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »

fold fold fold.

Scotty Nguyen
all time winnings $6.8 million

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=185

Junglecat03 on a good day

What about us mere mortals who don't have scotty nguyen's skill level and don't habitually play in live deep stacked events?

Paul Phillips(pre his scrabble obsession) and Greg Raymer used to argue that you shouldn't turn down edges even smaller than this. I remember a piece by Paul saying that a player who consistently had his chips in with 60 40 edges would be one of the most successful players around.

Maybe you can turn down edges like this if you are an elite poker player but this is a handful of players. For the rest of us the chips you lose passing the + equity here  are too valuable. Your skill edge is so unlikely to be big enough to compensate (unless you are the next scotty, daniel, phil etc)

completely agree with the sentiments of your post..it has to be said though that I would fold this very easily in a deepstacked event as I believe my edge would be big enough over the all-in guy. In a shorter stacked event I bet ya even Scottie would call this all day long.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »

obviuosly only one case where you are 50/50 and that is whre your opponent has the other qq   never even entered my mind that ak v qq was a coinflip- not sure where you got that idea monsiuer cat !! assumtions can get in in trouble you know...!! Wink

so if you both have qq you both have a 50% chance of winning the hand?

yes

no
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: