blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Standard Fold?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Standard Fold?  (Read 1974 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2007, 09:31:48 PM »

First hand of a $30 freezeout you are in the BB and get dealt QQ.  UTG goes all in.  Folds round to you.

Is this a standard fold or do you bite the bullet and call?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:46:06 PM »

First hand of a $30 freezeout you are in the BB and get dealt QQ.  UTG goes all in.  Folds round to you.

call..no bollox..most players who do this in a 30$ freezeout have  a smaller pair (often tens or jacks)...at a higher level it's a fold for me.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Squid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »

Fold unless you think 30 bucks is peanuts
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 10:02:18 PM »

call..no bollox..most players who do this in a 30$ freezeout have  a smaller pair (often tens or jacks)...at a higher level it's a fold for me.

My sentiments exactly mate.

Was up against AK

Flop AAK lol ahh well!!

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 12:39:41 AM »

Call every time.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 02:01:12 AM »

fold, i can only aford one $30 tourney per 5 years, no way i'm going out the first hand.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 02:04:13 AM »

defo call. i'm a firm believer in taking a shot at a possible fish early on in a tournament.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 04:41:59 AM »

Folding here is pretty much the same as burning money, so if that's your thing then fold!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 07:41:41 AM »

A huge overraise all in is usually AK

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
rudders

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 04:49:28 PM »

you are ahead of the hands that do this-pp/ak/?aq almost every time( very unlucky t run into someone playing kk/aa this way). So unless you are a vastly superior player to the field do you want to fold "knowing" that you are ahead? If so what is your logic and what situation are you waiting for (you are at worst- in one instance- 50/50 and all others way ahead).

........oh- and I call!

Blonde Roshambo champion 2007
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »

yeh this is a standard call. Oftentimes they'll have AK, other times lower pairs or random hands...KK AA will crop up v rarely. Early doors in tourneys is where you find the most donks and this hand is good enough to take their money.

Some people make the argument that the push represents AK pretty often, which is true, and they don't want to take a coin flip.

AK v QQ is definitely not a coin flip.

Anyone who tells you this is lying to you and you should mock them for being a kipper.

QQis about a 57% favourite to win v AKos (and about 54% fave vs AK suited). That's a good advantage (bigger than say AT v JQ suited) Once you factor in the other hands people push with you're a bigger favourite than this.

Anyone who thinks 57 43 is a flip needs to check their coins because they are obviously hideously deformed (the coins, not the players (except in flushy's case))

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
rudders

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 07:52:22 PM »

obviuosly only one case where you are 50/50 and that is whre your opponent has the other qq   never even entered my mind that ak v qq was a coinflip- not sure where you got that idea monsiuer cat !! assumtions can get in in trouble you know...!! Wink

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »

obviuosly only one case where you are 50/50 and that is whre your opponent has the other qq   never even entered my mind that ak v qq was a coinflip- not sure where you got that idea monsiuer cat !! assumtions can get in in trouble you know...!! Wink

I wouldn't ever make an assumption with you rudders even if I can currently outrun you.

I know you are too savvy to think this and you express your kipperiness in other ways.

Wasn't referring to your post even though it prob seemed that way. Was just having a general rant. Put it down to too many fruit juices over the weekend! 

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 03:00:15 PM »

so if you both have qq you both have a 50% chance of winning the hand?
rudders

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 01:12:50 AM »

so if you both have qq you both have a 50% chance of winning the hand?

yes

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: