blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:16:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 720 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1282217 times)
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #10725 on: January 30, 2017, 10:44:38 PM »

The death of the FA Cup was Utd pulling out in 2004 to go play a commercial game in South America. GG thereafter.

Which Utd?
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: January 30, 2017, 10:47:56 PM »

The death of the FA Cup was Utd pulling out in 2004 to go play a commercial game in South America. GG thereafter.

Which Utd?

Bloody hell it was 1999/2000 season, time flies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-united-withdraw-from-fa-cup-1103601.html

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: February 05, 2017, 02:42:07 PM »

bad runs happen, but this is a disappointing one given the supposed strength of the opposition.

what do you put it down to?

I read a section of fans is quite anti-Klopp..not strengthening in a transfer window etc. Is this just a knee jerk or does this have merit?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: February 05, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »

bad runs happen, but this is a disappointing one given the supposed strength of the opposition.

what do you put it down to?

I read a section of fans is quite anti-Klopp..not strengthening in a transfer window etc. Is this just a knee jerk or does this have merit?

Not surprised by the anti-Klopp, though January windows are known for lack of quality so not concerned with not picking anyone up then.
His biggest problem imo is that he is too stubborn for picking poor players and has no plan b past the pressing game, which has clearly left the team fked.

Other problem is the defence is still as shit as it has been for past 5/6 years
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: February 05, 2017, 08:02:59 PM »

Which Utd?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-united-withdraw-from-fa-cup-1103601.html

Told to by the Fa.... commercial game was the world club cup too. Could argue that's nonsense but hardly what's claimed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/fa_carling_premiership/381662.stm

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: February 05, 2017, 08:54:37 PM »

Which Utd?

Told to by the Fa.... commercial game was the world club cup too. Could argue that's nonsense but hardly what's claimed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/fa_carling_premiership/381662.stm

That article implies they were asked to and not told to?  There is a big gap between the two?  My memory was that some pressure was put on, but they could still say no.  We are talking Man United here and not some club with little influence.

Back when Sky got the premier league, I thought they had made a mistake because the FA Cup was the more exciting competition.  Back then I was probably in a minority, but I can't imagine anyone thinking that way now. 

Would still love to win it though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: February 06, 2017, 10:55:22 AM »

i thought this was a bit harsh but then though Coutinho maybe, Firmino on occasions perhaps....

"LFC don't have a world-class player & until club recruit better familiar cycle will not end"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/02/05/liverpool-do-not-have-world-class-player-untilclub-recruit-better/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: February 17, 2017, 11:30:44 AM »

Interesting

The stats which prove Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool need rest time to thrive in the Premier League http://skysports.tv/zQmiau

is this because the high-press takes it out of the team so much, or something else?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: February 17, 2017, 11:32:24 AM »

2 weeks off now. Could be a timely break, if they come back into form and everyone stays fit they should make top 4 i think. They have a good run in too

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: February 17, 2017, 12:32:31 PM »

Interesting

The stats which prove Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool need rest time to thrive in the Premier League http://skysports.tv/zQmiau

is this because the high-press takes it out of the team so much, or something else?

Click to see full-size image.

The intense high-press has to be part of it but not the whole story.

They played 13 games in 33 days and although they rotated  heavily for some of  the cup games it is very difficult for everyone to be in peak physical condition with a schedule like that. But it is not just the physical side - it is the lack of time on the training pitch for coaching and specific preparation for the next match which is so, so important.

Now on a sunshine break/training camp and 13 games left to play in something like 100 days, I think they have a huge  advanatge in terms of making the top 4.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: March 02, 2017, 11:10:20 AM »

i left it a few days and have some thoughts myself having watched them in person on monday but

The list of teams that have beaten Liverpool in the league this season is weird - Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull and Leicester...

what is going on in these games? why the unexpected losses to (clearlyinferior) opposition?

My eyes are open wide
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: March 02, 2017, 11:18:23 AM »

So unimpressed with Klopp tactically I think his great persona and charisma hides how poor he has been thus far.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: March 02, 2017, 01:02:41 PM »

The reverse Wenger!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: March 02, 2017, 04:22:51 PM »

Shoulda kept Brenda!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: March 02, 2017, 06:50:26 PM »

i left it a few days and have some thoughts myself having watched them in person on monday but

The list of teams that have beaten Liverpool in the league this season is weird - Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull and Leicester...

what is going on in these games? why the unexpected losses to (clearlyinferior) opposition?

I wasn't surprised by the loss Monday, for the same reason I thought we beat Spurs. We are terrible at breaking down teams who put 10 men behind the ball, and seem to put a hell of a lot of high balls into the box, when we are terrible in the air, which shows how much we miss a proper striker/target main in these types of games.

We do well against the top 6 as they come to play and leave the space at the back, which is where we are the most threatening.

Klopp looks very limited tactically to me, does not have a plan B, which gets exposed time and again. Defence and keeper are awful. Lucas too slow for CB, but Matip is also a problem there as he never tracks the runner, often marks space rather than players.
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 720 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: