blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 10:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272889 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1297592 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5205 on: February 12, 2012, 04:51:28 PM »

Their anti-racism stance? Didn't realise it was a stance. Thought it was embedded in this country's culture

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: February 12, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9073139/FA-expecting-backlash-from-anti-racism-campaigners-after-naming-Stuart-Pearce-as-caretaker-manager.html

Wow so the FA are "sickened to their stomach" at no handshake, but Pearce saying something "in the heat of the moment" is fine obv.

You couldn't make it up.

Seriously?

You should be more worried by how Liverpool have handled this whole episode from start to finish, including King Kenny's first reaction being 'well he's claimed this before hasn't he'.

Suarez T shirt anyone?

Handled badly yes. (tbf Evra is still a twat IMO)

It's still going to be interesting to see how the FA play this in their infinite wisdom. They've set a precedent now.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: February 12, 2012, 05:00:21 PM »

Their anti-racism stance? Didn't realise it was a stance. Thought it was embedded in this country's culture

Well the recent heavier punishments etc.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: February 12, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9073139/FA-expecting-backlash-from-anti-racism-campaigners-after-naming-Stuart-Pearce-as-caretaker-manager.html

Wow so the FA are "sickened to their stomach" at no handshake, but Pearce saying something "in the heat of the moment" is fine obv.

You couldn't make it up.

Seriously?

You should be more worried by how Liverpool have handled this whole episode from start to finish, including King Kenny's first reaction being 'well he's claimed this before hasn't he'.

Suarez T shirt anyone?

It's still going to be interesting to see how the FA play this in their infinite wisdom. They've set a precedent now.

Eh?

How have the FA set a precedent, unless you mean that they thoroughly investigated the racism claim and found without a doubt that Suarez was guilty. The one thing that has been incredible about this is the abs refusal of Liverpool to admit Suarez was in the wrong even after the verdict had been so damming.

King Kenny was still claiming he was innocent this week.

They have been nothing short of a disgrace imo.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:14:05 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: February 12, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »

You couldn't make it up.

Seriously?

Suarez T shirt anyone?

Eh?

How have the FA set a precedent, unkess you mean that they thoroughly investigated the racism claim and found without a doubt that Suarez was guilty. The one thing that has been incredible about this is the abs refusal of Liverpool to admit Suarez was in the wrong even after the verdict had been so damming.

You seem intent on bringing this FA issue back to Liverpool - I accept we havent handled it well.

How was it damming? I'm not sure how anyone who has read the report can say that. It's their opinion - nothing more. A criminal case against Suarez would have been thrown out easily. Disagreeing with that verdict is not a crime and it doesn't make me, or Kenny Dalglish for that matter, racist or a disgrace.

They've set a precedent in dishing out punishments, heavier than ever before on people accused of racism (in Terry's case he's not even had his day in court) which leaves them in a tough spot over Pearce IMO. Maybe it won't pick up steam and Pearce will be fine but if kick it out get shirty about it they could look pretty daft.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: February 12, 2012, 05:24:05 PM »

You couldn't make it up.

Seriously?

Suarez T shirt anyone?

Eh?

How have the FA set a precedent, unkess you mean that they thoroughly investigated the racism claim and found without a doubt that Suarez was guilty. The one thing that has been incredible about this is the abs refusal of Liverpool to admit Suarez was in the wrong even after the verdict had been so damming.

You seem intent on bringing this FA issue back to Liverpool - I accept we havent handled it well.

How was it damming? I'm not sure how anyone who has read the report can say that. It's their opinion - nothing more. A criminal case against Suarez would have been thrown out easily. Disagreeing with that verdict is not a crime and it doesn't make me, or Kenny Dalglish for that matter, racist or a disgrace.

They've set a precedent in dishing out punishments, heavier than ever before on people accused of racism (in Terry's case he's not even had his day in court) which leaves them in a tough spot over Pearce IMO. Maybe it won't pick up steam and Pearce will be fine but if kick it out get shirty about it they could look pretty daft.

You are simply trying to divert this now. You have even had a dig at Evra, who's crimes seem to include allowing himself to be racially abused and then letting his opponent not shake his hand.

How many times did the FA find Suarez had abused Evra?

How is that not damming?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: February 12, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »

You couldn't make it up.

Seriously?

Suarez T shirt anyone?

Eh?

You are simply trying to divert this now. You have even had a dig at Evra, who's crimes seem to include allowing himself to be racially abused and then letting his opponent not shake his hand.

How many times did the FA find Suarez had abused Evra?

How is that not damming?

No, I'm happy to discuss Suarez Evra in its own right. But you've taken a post about the FA and brought it back to this which has been discussed to death on here pages back. As I said above maybe I shouldn't have brought the Pearce thing up on this thread. Inevitably it comes back to LFC on here when I'm trying to make a point about something else.

Evra doesn't have a stellar past so I'm happy to say what I think of him. He's no angel, he's a known liar, and I can't stand the guy. Suarez being found guilty or being an infinite prick thereafter won't change my view on Evra.

They didn't find anything. They guessed. Suarez admitted saying Negro one time. No cameras picked it up, no one else heard anything said in a crowded penalty area. Evra said he said it 10 times, then 5 times. From this they surmised that Suarez said it 7 times (very precise). If you find that damming then that's up to you. It wouldn't have made it in court. I don't find that report damming at all.

Anywho this is me repeating myself.

Back to my point, it'll be interesting to see how the FA deal with the potential issue with Pearce.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: February 12, 2012, 06:05:59 PM »

Luke 15:7

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: February 12, 2012, 07:10:47 PM »

There's been a lot of confusion from the off over these racism claims. Making a racist remark in the heat of battle doesn't make you a racist, it just makes you dumb, because you compromise yourself, and you set a bad example. Both LFC and CFC have come out to defend their players by saying they aren't racists....but nobody in a formal capacity have accused LS or JT of being a racist, just that they made racially inappropriate remarks. Evra and the FA were at pains to stress they thought LS wasn't a racist. He made the mistake of using the word negro on an English pitch and that isn't deemed acceptable.

If Pearce used racist terminology to wind up Ince it doesn't make him a racist, it just means he was stupid during a game 18 yrs ago and he will undoubtedly snap apologise for doing so. It is why LFC and LS should have just accepted using such a word was a dumb mistake and cited the cultural differences as a mitigating factor. I'm sure the ban would have been less harsh without contesting the charge so vigorously. But the rhetoric out of LFC from the start was kinda Suarez did nothing wrong by saying negro and we should fight his corner cos Evra is a liar. When really they should have been shrewder than that and just said sorry for the mistake....like they did today. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: February 12, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

I'm confused.

Is this a correct score prediction for a badminton match?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5215 on: February 12, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »

John 8:7

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: February 12, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »

There's been a lot of confusion from the off over these racism claims. Making a racist remark in the heat of battle doesn't make you a racist, it just makes you dumb, because you compromise yourself, and you set a bad example. Both LFC and CFC have come out to defend their players by saying they aren't racists....but nobody in a formal capacity have accused LS or JT of being a racist, just that they made racially inappropriate remarks. Evra and the FA were at pains to stress they thought LS wasn't a racist. He made the mistake of using the word negro on an English pitch and that isn't deemed acceptable.

If Pearce used racist terminology to wind up Ince it doesn't make him a racist, it just means he was stupid during a game 18 yrs ago and he will undoubtedly snap apologise for doing so. It is why LFC and LS should have just accepted using such a word was a dumb mistake and cited the cultural differences as a mitigating factor. I'm sure the ban would have been less harsh without contesting the charge so vigorously. But the rhetoric out of LFC from the start was kinda Suarez did nothing wrong by saying negro and we should fight his corner cos Evra is a liar. When really they should have been shrewder than that and just said sorry for the mistake....like they did today. 

This. Plus they repeatedly suggested the outcome was unfair, which it certainly wasn't.

I understand Baron but in the space of a  few posts you have listed the FA and Evra which in my opinion are tenuous and not fair in that order.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: February 12, 2012, 08:01:40 PM »

Fair enough Bobby, defo shouldn't have mentioned that on this thread. I can see how it looks.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: February 12, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »

On
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: February 12, 2012, 09:43:22 PM »

Matthew 5:9

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 346 347 [348] 349 350 351 352 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »