blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:46:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272643 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1284545 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: February 11, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »

Baron- understand they don't like each other but again both players have a responsibility to think about the wider implications of their actions. Surely suarez would have understood what a shit storm he was going to stir up by not shaking his hand

Very much this!

It is amplified by the narrow minded nature of football fans!

As for the comments relating to why should they shake hands, go and read up about the respect campaign and educate yourself a little?

I've worked on more anti racism campaigns in football than you have I would bet.

Which in itself is absolutely hilarious given your comments in this thread and your lack of comprehension of how football impacts on society especially in cities like Liverpool!

Id strongly recommend you don't do anymore work in the area until you comprehend it's impact

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »

Baron- understand they don't like each other but again both players have a responsibility to think about the wider implications of their actions. Surely suarez would have understood what a shit storm he was going to stir up by not shaking his hand

Very much this!

It is amplified by the narrow minded nature of football fans!

As for the comments relating to why should they shake hands, go and read up about the respect campaign and educate yourself a little?

I've worked on more anti racism campaigns in football than you have I would bet.

Which in itself is absolutely hilarious given your comments in this thread and your lack of comprehension of how football impacts on society especially in cities like Liverpool!

Id strongly recommend you don't do anymore work in the area until you comprehend it's impact

Another armchair fan passing judgement on those actually doing something for the betterment of the game rather than bitching about it on a forum. wp you.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »

Guys please can we keep this less personal.
 Lets stick to the football please.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:47 PM »

My opinion is Evra stitched Suarez up got him banned, Suarez doesn't like him for it so imo refused to shake his hand.

do you think Rio would of shaken JTs hand if they hand of met?

Your opinion is misjudged.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: February 11, 2012, 01:29:58 PM »

Would love to stick to the footie. But someone refusing a handshake has made it difficult. Just hope there's no trouble at the game as a consequence

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: February 11, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »

Baron

You are doing nothing for the good of football if you defend Suarez actions today. Just as Liverpool have done nothing for the good of football recently.

As an aside. Are you a scouser and do you live in Liverpool? Because if you are, and you claim to do alot of work in the area of football and society, then your comments are even more surprising

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: February 11, 2012, 01:35:54 PM »

I don't like the fact that a handshake can cause this response. Remember when Football was about the game?
Could be goals in this. Gone of at a decent pace and there have been a couple of chances. Don't think the pace can be maintained.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »

I don't like the fact that a handshake can cause this response. Remember when Football was about the game?
Could be goals in this. Gone of at a decent pace and there have been a couple of chances. Don't think the pace can be maintained.

United look sharper, I just hope Kenny gives Bellamy a run out, and i'd like to see how Rio gets on against Carroll at some stage. The best hope for LFC at the moment though is the fact Johnny Evans is playing.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: February 11, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »

Baron

You are doing nothing for the good of football if you defend Suarez actions today. Just as Liverpool have done nothing for the good of football recently.

As an aside. Are you a scouser and do you live in Liverpool? Because if you are, and you claim to do alot of work in the area of football and society, then your comments are even more surprising

Ok this is my last post on it.

I haven't defended Suarez's actions today. I have merely said that in his opinion he's right (not my opinion) so not shaking hands wasn't surprising. Liverpool wont be happy at his actions today. Nor will many of their fans who I'll be dealing with tomorrow no doubt.

I'm not scouse, I'm not from Liverpool - I have never said I was. I don't have to be to do the work I do.

The bit I've highlighted in bold is just wrong. I'm not going into what LFC is doing for football across the world, much of which is in the third world, but it involves huge projects you don't read about in the press every day.

I'm more than happy to get back to needle about how we're lucky to not be 2-0 down!
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5094 on: February 11, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »

Evra causing trouble in the tunnel, unbelievable thought he would have more respect for the game.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »

If you aren't a scouser and don't live in Liverpool, come back to me when you have lived and worked there and understand how what happens on a Saturday affects the city and it's people!

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: February 11, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »

Football coverage has now reached such lows that the half time studio analysts have just analysed a hand shake before the game and a tackle where the correct decision was made. They managed to stretch that out to 10 minutes, with just enough its making it an interesting game, will be interesting to see what happens in the second half etc etc,  make sure you don't miss it etc etc.

What they didn't bother to cover was that its been a really poor game with almost no goal scoring chances created.But we can't say that can we.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: February 11, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »

But mate, that is the same in lots of cities around the world, it isn't just a Liverpool thing is it?

ALL football fans over value what they see on a daily/weekly basis and you have done exactly that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:48:37 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: February 11, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »

Football coverage has now reached such lows that the half time studio analysts have just analysed a hand shake before the game and a tackle where the correct decision was made. They managed to stretch that out to 10 minutes, with just enough its making it an interesting game, will be interesting to see what happens in the second half etc etc,  make sure you don't miss it etc etc.

What they didn't bother to cover was that its been a really poor game with almost no goal scoring chances created.But we can't say that can we.

Sky have had a shocker today. Their racism montage before the game was cheap.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: February 11, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »

If you aren't a scouser and don't live in Liverpool, come back to me when you have lived and worked there and understand how what happens on a Saturday affects the city and it's people!

Thankfully Liverpool disagree with you that my not being from the city doesn't qualify me to help the club. Thanks for your opinion though.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: