blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:07:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live cash game situation, how would you play it.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live cash game situation, how would you play it.  (Read 1128 times)
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2007, 09:41:21 AM »

You have sat with £100 in a £1 £2 n/l game - purposely as there are two ultra aggressive players on the table. ie £25 and £50 preflop raises AND calls not uncommon. Infact it was costing at least £20 to see MOST flops.

You have caught them a few times and have built upto £700. The rest of the table is rocky with circa £200. The two ultra aggressors have close to £1000 each.

Ulra aggressive player makes it £50 to go UTG - IN THE DARK!!

Folded to you and you have QQ, if you re raise here he will look. You also know he is MORE than capable of playing EVERY street blind.

So you flat call.

Flop 8 8 9. He says he "feels" like he has an 8 and bets out £75.

How do you play it from here and why?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 10:12:30 AM »

I'd have raised preflop - I'm not letting him see a cheap flop.

Having said that, when he bets £75 I'd raise to £250. If he has the 8 then good luck to him. I reload and remember not to try and play cute against blind men again.

Reminds me of a hand from the festival at Walsall last week. £3/£3 PLO 6 cards.
Button calls £50 blind. Button calls £100 blind on flop because he has 'a feeling'.
Turn comes and checked to him - board is xxQx. Blind man picks up his cards like you would a pack and only looks at the bottom card which I also see from the rail - a Q.
Blind man bets £250 and is called. Another rag on the river. Check check.

Blind man wins the hand with one pair - Kings.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 02:16:05 PM »

Well, if he played the flop blind too then he has less than a 10% chance that he's ahead:

Any 8: 8.5%
99, KK, or AA: 1%

He's put £125 into the pot already, so you can't fold at any point now. (He's already paid "over the odds.")

A raise to £250 as Longines suggested seems good.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 02:52:57 PM »

Good post!

The problem with raising is that he will presumably look at his cards?  If he moves in, you have a tough decision. 

If he is going to bet blind on all the streets I would just call him down - even with a K and A on board by the river you are still a 2-1 favorite.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 03:09:07 PM »

Good post!

The problem with raising is that he will presumably look at his cards?  If he moves in, you have a tough decision. 

If he is going to bet blind on all the streets I would just call him down - even with a K and A on board by the river you are still a 2-1 favorite.

My thoughts exactly!

If I raise at any point, he looks at his cards and if he pushes all in I have a HUGE decision.

I called him on the flop.

It went check check on turn and river - I won the pot.

I really cannot see the point in raising a blind person in these situations, because if you do, then they look at their cards and can represent anything!

Anyone else have more thoughts?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 03:13:28 PM »

you know you are a big favourite pre flop and post flop against a random hand so have to keep him thinking you are drawing or similar and flat call along

when he checks turn you check, of course continuing the deceit

when he checks river were you not tempted to bet? or were you afraid he pushes and you suddenly lose confidence?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 05:03:33 PM »

I agree that you have to raise pre flop. If he looks at this point who cares? He's likely to call anyway.

Post flop the only raise you can make is all in and I feel there is an argument for an all in here for a few reasons...

1) The pot is big enough.

2) A smaller raise can lead him to reraise you.

3) If he calls a smaller raise with something like A9 or an open ended straight draw a number of scare cards could force you into a nasty decision. (Any 5, 6, 7, 9, T, J, A) I wouldn't want that decision.

He's less than 10% to be winning (but can easily hit with a number of hands) so all in is my move.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 06:55:37 PM »

I have a lot of experience playing a guy like this, £2-£2 NL and he makes it 25 or 50 to go blind on most hands (until he was barred last week, grrrr)

I would re-raise pre flop even if it means he looks, close the action to you and him HU, if you make it 150 he is never going to pass anyway.

If you do play it careful pre flop then the flat call on the flop isn't too bad, however checking it down from there on is just throwing away money.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 07:02:33 PM »

make more money out of these players as u can.. by reraising pre flop and on the flop calling is ok but do not check it down so he can then hit cards on u

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: