blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 224719 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »

Good lord - almost had a heart attack - Tikay - you have much to answer for.... :-)

For anyone who thinks rookie has suddenly developed a split personality - this is skrikera - at work - and unable to remove his profile from the blonde website on my computer - did that make sense? - Anyway - Tikay almost gave me, the heart attack...

Is this all part of Rookie's fantasy?

Well I damn well hope not - I just kissed - a proper smacker too - the Author of that Post.

Which post!!???!  Not mine   talktothehand

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 11:21:06 PM »

Good lord - almost had a heart attack - Tikay - you have much to answer for.... :-)

For anyone who thinks rookie has suddenly developed a split personality - this is skrikera - at work - and unable to remove his profile from the blonde website on my computer - did that make sense? - Anyway - Tikay almost gave me, the heart attack...

Is this all part of Rookie's fantasy?

Well I damn well hope not - I just kissed - a proper smacker too - the Author of that Post.

Lol, (this is rookie this time). No you are not in my fantasy.

I saw your comments last night in the Daddy tournament when you was talking to Ling!!!

HI HELEN!
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 11:32:46 PM »

I did much the same..bought a pup by Whisper Wishes which we named Wishing for Gold. He had an underslung jaw, (kennel name Jaws),  and was deaf as it turned out. Trapped on sight of other dogs breaking so was always picking up. He had tremendous middle/late pace so won a few opens but never quite reached his potential.

We bought a second dog, ( confusingly a bitch), called Tally Ho Wish which was already racing at Wimbledon and got to the semi finals of the Oaks with her.

Point being..each month we put away enough to retire them both to a woman in Sussex who cared for retired Greyhounds. I beg you to do the same. There are thousands of Greyhounds each year which are 'done away with' when they reach the end of their 'useful' lives.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 11:39:37 PM »

I will care for him when he retires, aint gonna 'do away' with him! Dogs are for life and all that! Smiley

HI HELEN!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 02:13:56 AM »

I've been considering this for a while as well, I quite fancy getting mysellf a greyhound.  How much you paying for this pup Rodders?

Another general point how much does it cost to train a greyhound?  What sort of disposable income is required?

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 08:10:26 AM »

Good luck Rodders, sounds like it's going to be fun times ahead.  Keep us posted with some tips if it's going to win Cheesy

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 11:56:28 AM »

I've been considering this for a while as well, I quite fancy getting mysellf a greyhound.  How much you paying for this pup Rodders?

Another general point how much does it cost to train a greyhound?  What sort of disposable income is required?

The pup costs me 680 Euro. It will then cost, when it goes into training, somewhere between £40-£70 a week, not including any vets bills that may need to be paid.

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »

Good luck Rodders, sounds like it's going to be fun times ahead.  Keep us posted with some tips if it's going to win Cheesy

Cheers, will keep you's updated!

HI HELEN!
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 02:49:50 PM »

Does it live with you or does the £40-70 per week include the dog having somewhere to live?

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 03:23:31 PM »

Does it live with you or does the £40-70 per week include the dog having somewhere to live?

Includes having somewhere to live. It will be living with me from 12 weeks to approx 9 months. Then go off to training.

HI HELEN!
ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 04:38:58 PM »

Nice one Rookie, can't wait for the first night out to watch him tear up the track.

Keep your eye on the main chance.................it's the derby at wmbledon or bust.

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »

Nice one Rookie, can't wait for the first night out to watch him tear up the track.

Keep your eye on the main chance.................it's the derby at wmbledon or bust.

2009 Derby Winner - Rookies Fantasy Cheesy Cheesy

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »

Change its name to "My Face"  ... whatever it costs Cheesy

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 10:10:52 PM »

Change its name to "My Face"  ... whatever it costs Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 06:37:12 PM »

After having taken in some advice from other greyhound owners, they all tell us we should get Rodder's a companion. They will be able to play together and it will also help him a bit later in life when he hopefully goes to the track.

So, had a search, and purchased a bitch by Westmead Hawk and Droopy's Star. Hopefully both shall end up on the track in time. I am getting the bitch on Thursday and have already decided its kennel name to be 'Cassy' (Cassandra from O.F.A.H)

Now, what i need is a good name for Cassy if she goes to race... I want Rookie(s) in the beginning, who can think of some good ones?

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: