blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225217 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2008, 05:22:29 PM »

ARRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH ... still at least it shows that the trainer is on the ball and wont proceed until they are 100%.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: October 02, 2008, 10:23:14 AM »

at track now. Cassie just been handslipped round and is looking good. Hopefully she has not picked up any injury and she could be trialing within 2 weeks.

HI HELEN!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 13, 2008, 09:18:36 AM »

update?
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: November 02, 2008, 10:25:39 AM »

yessssssssssssssss!

HI HELEN!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 02, 2008, 03:55:43 PM »

good news?

do tell

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2008, 06:47:07 PM »

yessssssssssssssss!

c'mon!!!!!!!! what is it?
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »

Ok, Ok..

Cassie went to schooling track this morning and was going from the boxes for the first time. The main hope for the day was that she didnt turn in the boxes while the hare was coming round. This was achieved and more.

She got in the boxes and was down low waiting for the hare, she obviously didnt have a clue what was going to happen so missed the break, but when she got running she was a different dog to the last time she was there. She was so smooth round the bends, which were quite tight. They hand time the dogs to halfway round - 250m. Most struggle to do under 16s round there. And they said they havent had many dogs that can do under that on their first go round. Cassie done a time of 15.83s. Now considering she probably lost half a second at the start this is pretty impressive. Most Open race dogs do near 15s apparently. The trainer was very happy with it, as obviously I was.

I got a video of it, but you only really see her start and her finish, but she sure motor's off the last bend. I will stick it on youtube in a mo and then put it on here. Walked Rodney earlier too and let him have a little sprint and he was looking good. They are both going round the schooling track next week both from the traps. Lets hope it just gets better!

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: November 04, 2008, 04:51:16 PM »

http://www.greyhound-data.com/db.php?i=1527548&time=1225816851

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 04, 2008, 08:46:12 PM »

Nice one Rooks, well done.

Did you manage to sort that Vid? I can't find it.

Keep us updated, please, this is a great read, & your pride in those two greyhounds is wonderful.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 04, 2008, 10:25:11 PM »

one of the great-grandparents is 'pauls turn'. anything to do with your old man or just a coincidence?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: November 04, 2008, 11:57:36 PM »

We saw that a while back when checking out the bloodlines. It did make us chuckle tbh. Could be a sign!? LOL.

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:49 PM »

And TK I havent put that Vid up yet as I cant fkin remember how to get it off my Iphone. If anyone can help me with this pls let me know, I really am completely stuck as to what to do.

HI HELEN!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 05, 2008, 02:20:40 AM »

And TK I havent put that Vid up yet as I cant fkin remember how to get it off my Iphone. If anyone can help me with this pls let me know, I really am completely stuck as to what to do.

I can't believe you don't know how to do that.

You need an x-source multi-core cable, MDD-friendly, & then fire up the intel photopaint moduliser, go to CTRL-ALT-BURP, then just reboot.

Better still, ask 'Ling.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: November 05, 2008, 02:34:12 AM »

managed to drag myself out of bed at 7am sunday morning as arranged with rook,ling and charlotte to venture over to watch cassie do her first school from the boxes. could quite easily have stayed in bed but gee am i glad i never!

what a morning, first off we took rodney out for a little walk. he looked a picture and really is huge! touch wood his foot injury looks to have healed well and he is walking fine now. his muscles have grown and he is a mountain of a dog, low and behold any that get in his way at the first bend!
anyway we also gave him a run, not far approx 70 metres which he seemed to cover in 2 or 3 strides he's so big lol. he really enjoyed himself.

on a different note regards rodney, check out his brother on his greyhound data page "karens toyboy" his 2nd run in ireland he won an A6 by 10 lengths in a A1 time. please oh please let rodney show similar promise!

anyway bk to sunday........ after returning rodney to his noisy kennels we then set off behind the trainers van that had cassie in transit. it wasn't to far to the schooling track on the outskirts of bicester though its fairly hidden away down a dirtrack.
we pull up and the trainer gets cassie out the van, its a good 6 weeks since i see her last and then she was very out of condition and in season. well now she was a picture, not as big as rodney but at a guess id say 29kilos. but she had filled out and her coat was shining unlike the dull coat during her season. she was alert her eyes everywhere.
after a quick fuss from us all it was time for business and what she was there for. the traps and hare were positioned (a short hare so that she wouldnt be in the boxes to long). the traps were left open to begin with and rooks helped to put her in the back and out the front 4 or 5 times to get her used to them. she seemed fine and after a small push from behind walked happily through the traps.
now the moment of truth and before she could think to much the front of the traps were lowered and she was put gently into the traps from the rear. by now i was 10 yards past the traps watching closely. she was crouched in the traps staring forward not looking to turn round which was a great sign.
the hare began and within a few seconds the traps opened. momentarily cassie froze, whether the traps opening scared her orshe was just working out what she should do i dont know, but then all of a sudden her feet connected with the sand and her eyes spotted the bunny and she was off and boy did she move!
she flew upto the first bend and you could hear the hare driver speed the hare up between the first 2 bends caught out momentarily by the pace cassie was showing in her first ever timed trial.
her action was good, no tail swirling on the bends just a dog doing what it loves running in full flight with only eyes for the hare. she flew round the last 2 bends railling well and was still going strong at the pick up.
she came off the track and we were all beaming from ear to ear. we fussed her some more and waited with her whilst the trainer went to pay for the trial and get her time etc.
he was chatting a fare while before returning to us. he handed rooks a slip of paper with a smile on his face. she had done 15.83 for the first 250 metres which according to him is a good time first look. not many do under 16 seconds first time. this is all the more suprising as she must have lost almost half a second out the boxes! apparently open class dogs can break 15 seconds so be interested to see if she improves next week.
also the fact that she done alot of her best running after the clock had stopped was also encouraging.

we were all frilled to bits, i thought of nothing else the rest of the day and i had a warm proud glow inside of me it was great! ling even said to me that she to felt like a "proud mum" lol

roll on next sunday i wouldnt miss it for the world!

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: November 05, 2008, 02:41:27 AM »

Rumour has it Kev is gonna get up nice and early and meet us in Oxford on Sunday to watch Rod and Cass go round!

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: